Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes
  • 5 Post By boxermum
  • 1 Post By hilleluk
  • 3 Post By dotti34
  • 2 Post By Margaret Pilkington
  • 4 Post By Gordon Booth
  • 1 Post By Margaret Pilkington
  • 5 Post By Margaret Pilkington
  • 1 Post By cashman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2018, 15:32   #1

Margaret Pilkington's fault

Oh dear,what am I to do?.I can't sleep at night, therefore I can't function during the day.I move around like a zombie.Am I caught in a downward spiral ?.
Time to admit it......I AM AN ADDICT..and I hold YOU.....MARGARET PILKINGTON wholly responsible.
Let me explain, one evening with nothing on the telly(worth watching) I decided to browse AccyWeb.I hit on Margaret blogs.Well that was it....I was hooked.Laughter,pain,tears, a plethora of mini stories.Before I knew,it was 4AM and i still couldn't stop.
There are many more I haven't read yet.Who cares if the windows haven't been done,the ironing is piling up and hubby is a fully fledged AccyWeb widower.
I beg you Margaret, DON'T STOP BLOGGING.
boxermum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-04-2018, 15:35   #2

Re: Margaret Pilkington's fault

All of Margaret's blogs are a great read. You're description is spot on
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 16:16   #3
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxermum View Post
Oh dear,what am I to do?.I can't sleep at night, therefore I can't function during the day.I move around like a zombie.Am I caught in a downward spiral ?.
Time to admit it......I AM AN ADDICT..and I hold YOU.....MARGARET PILKINGTON wholly responsible.
Let me explain, one evening with nothing on the telly(worth watching) I decided to browse AccyWeb.I hit on Margaret blogs.Well that was it....I was hooked.Laughter,pain,tears, a plethora of mini stories.Before I knew,it was 4AM and i still couldn't stop.
There are many more I haven't read yet.Who cares if the windows haven't been done,the ironing is piling up and hubby is a fully fledged AccyWeb widower.
I beg you Margaret, DON'T STOP BLOGGING.
Oh...thank you for bigging up my blog.
Yes, there are a lot of episodes to go at.
I am really pleased to hear that you are enjoying them.
When I am at a loose end....I even read them myself....and even though I know how they end, I still end up laughing myself...or sometimes crying(especially at the episodes about the animals...the death of the white cat, the black and white stray, Barker and Gizmo).
My blog is my time machine.

I have become less prolific, but still write the odd episode when the mood takes me.
Thank you for your kind words.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 04:45   #4

Yes, Boxermum, you are right. Margaret definitely has a way with words and her blogs (her threads and postings also) make great reading. Through the good times and the other sort she has shared (and thankfully continues to do so) so much with us all at Accyweb in a way both entertaining and meaningful, leaving us wanting more, much more. We have laughed with her and cried with her, and her brilliant sense of humour comes through time and time again in her writings.

I consider myself very fortunate to be in direct contact with Margaret and she has helped me considerably with advice and understanding. Somehow Margaret knows just the right words to say and how to say them. Grateful thanks, Margaret.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 06:53   #5
Beacon of light

Thank you Dorothy.
I just tell it like it is.
Much of my blog is written for ME.
It helps me to put some perspective on things and sometimes the support I have got from those who comment, makes me feel 'worth it'...and has got me through some of the difficult times.
I have felt(rightly or wrongly) that they are there for me.
If my blogs have made you smile, laugh, cry even, then it means that the part of 'me' that goes into the blog, has come across well.
Thank you to those who read my ramblings.
Please keep on reading...it makes the writing so much more interesting.
hilleluk and boxermum like this.
Old 05-04-2018, 20:05   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post

I consider myself very fortunate to be in direct contact with Margaret and she has helped me considerably with advice and understanding. Somehow Margaret knows just the right words to say and how to say them. Grateful thanks, Margaret.
dotti, she did the same for me when my wife was ill. With the anonymity of PM's I could say things to her I could never talk about and she always came up with calm,sound advice and encouragement. After Kath died she continued to be a comfort- a marvellous woman.
I'll bet she was a good nurse!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 20:18   #7
Beacon of light

Awww...for goodness sake stop it.
You are making me embarrassed.
As for being a good nurse Gordon...I loved my job.
It did not feel like work...it felt as though I was having fun and someone was paying me for it.
I was always a bit worried that one day someone would suss me out...and make ME pay them.

Gordon, if I was any help at all...then that pleases me greatly.
Sometimes, it is good to have someone on your side....someone that you are not going to bump into in Tesco....though, I would happily bump into you anywhere.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 06-04-2018, 13:18   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
dotti, she did the same for me when my wife was ill. With the anonymity of PM's I could say things to her I could never talk about and she always came up with calm,sound advice and encouragement. After Kath died she continued to be a comfort- a marvellous woman.
I'll bet she was a good nurse!
Gordon, I could have written the above, word for word, I am so grateful for Margaret's kind words and sensible advice, via PM's & e-mails, when I was experiencing the utter sadness during my wife's illness & subsequent death.

Margaret, you're a saint!! (stop blushing!!)

Gerardxx
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 14:17   #9
Beacon of light

Gerard, no...I am not a saint.
I am just doing the things that you would consider to be humanitarian.
Back when I was growing up, people looked out for each other.
The troubles were shared, the joys were shared.
If you could help someone who needed a bit of help then that is what you did.
And you didn't do it with any thought of 'what's in it for me'...you did it to sort of ensure that you were kept safe...that if you needed help, then someone would help you without being asked.
It is a bit like paying it forward.
I have been helped...many times, growing up, there were times when if it had not been for the kindness of others, we would have gone hungry.
I have (and will never) forget this.

And if I helped you, then that pleases me....it was nothing at all.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 06-04-2018, 17:04   #10
Beacon of light

I will leave you with this thought.

You do not diminish the light of your own candle by lighting the candle of another.
KiTChener, cashman, walker and 2 others like this.
Old 13-04-2018, 21:34   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Margarets blogs are truly magic as far as i'm concerned. Missed this thread due to being away.
Old 13-04-2018, 21:39   #12
Beacon of light

Aww, thank you Cashy.
Hope you had a good break...I did miss you.
cashman likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..