Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2011, 14:01   #1276
Resting in Peace

Re: Market Hall Refurbishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Just reading the obbo', the Queen of fantasy island claims on page 13 that the spending on the celebs 'generated 3,000 extra people' to the area, good job it was before the toilets were closed or we residents would have drowned in what they would naturally leave behind.

Could she please prove the accuracy of 3,000 people, then explain why with so many extra, potentially full bladders, a need to close toilets rather than urgently to erect new ones exists?
Think on those days the bogs were open Less
Old 26-02-2011, 14:03   #1277
God Member

Thats what i thought when i read it Less, me and Reece's dad where in the market hall yesterday and he being from a foreign land (Burnley) remarked on how empty it looks now compared to how it was when we where teenagers, he asked what was with all that empty space and where the seats so far apart in the middle 'circle' there incase you'd fallen out with your other half and didn't want to sit near each other.....thats coming from an outsider, what must people who come from further afield be thinking of our once thriving town?????
Old 26-02-2011, 14:03   #1278
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Think on those days the bogs were open Less
Read it again you Tory deny all, I've already said it was BEFORE the bogs were closed.
:-(
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2011, 14:09   #1279
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Read it again you Tory deny all, I've already said it was BEFORE the bogs were closed.
:-(
There still only closed 3 days a week
Old 26-02-2011, 14:30   #1280

Quote:
There still only closed 3 days a week
Yes they are only closed 3 days a week, please don't treat me like I'm you, IF the Market was a success there would never, could never, wouldn't under no matter how many years of misrule by anyone, be a need to close them, we have a refurbished Market that has had money thrown at it and unfortunately for the few traders remaining, DOING NOTHING.
Stop protecting your passed oppo', to him you're passed your useful sell by date, that's why you don't see him,
He doesn't deserve your blind loyalty.
Old 26-02-2011, 14:34   #1281
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Yes they are only closed 3 days a week, please don't treat me like I'm you, IF the Market was a success there would never, could never, wouldn't under no matter how many years of misrule by anyone, be a need to close them, we have a refurbished Market that has had money thrown at it and unfortunately for the few traders remaining, DOING NOTHING.
Stop protecting your passed oppo', to him you're passed your useful sell by date, that's why you don't see him,
He doesn't deserve your blind loyalty.
I'm being loyal to no one, just made a statement, I've already said they should not have been closed so I can't see your problem Less, I agree with you, giver over getting your knickers in a twist fur nout
Old 26-02-2011, 14:48   #1282

Quote:
I'm being loyal to no one, just made a statement, I've already said they should not have been closed so I can't see your problem Less, I agree with you, giver over getting your knickers in a twist fur nout
Firstly, if my knickers are twisted, it is because of your inaccurate reply.
Secondly, if you can't see something wrong with 3,000 extra people, needing fewer rather than more toilet facilities, after all, surely we didn't want them to call just once to put a strain on our local plumbing, but, often.
It hasn't happened, we need to cut costs by making the town less convenient to strangers, it's one thing locals being able to find their way to cafe le bog, but strangers here for the first time, want an 'in your face' facility.
Please stop, I must admit your blind views are becoming tedious, allow the Lady of fantasy herself to protect your medal wearing chum, IF SHE DARE?
Old 26-02-2011, 14:54   #1283
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Firstly, if my knickers are twisted, it is because of your inaccurate reply.
Secondly, if you can't see something wrong with 3,000 extra people, needing fewer rather than more toilet facilities, after all, surely we didn't want them to call just once to put a strain on our local plumbing, but, often.
It hasn't happened, we need to cut costs by making the town less convenient to strangers, it's one thing locals being able to find their way to cafe le bog, but strangers here for the first time, want an 'in your face' facility.
Please stop, I must admit your blind views are becoming tedious, allow the Lady of fantasy herself to protect your medal wearing chum, IF SHE DARE?
Oh I give up I refer to post 1281
Old 26-02-2011, 15:20   #1284

Quote:
Oh I give up I refer to post 1281
I checked post #1281, after all you're a Tory you may have meant a post #1281 that had been under Labour control.

I still think you defend the undefensible, as already requested, let the Lady, come on here, defend her figures OR allow her to explain in the local press where a figure of 3,000 extra souls comes from.

I bet the market traders aren't paying extra tax for what has gone on lately.
Old 26-02-2011, 15:35   #1285
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I checked post #1281, after all you're a Tory you may have meant a post #1281 that had been under Labour control.

I still think you defend the undefensible, as already requested, let the Lady, come on here, defend her figures OR allow her to explain in the local press where a figure of 3,000 extra souls comes from.

I bet the market traders aren't paying extra tax for what has gone on lately.
I agree
Old 26-02-2011, 16:13   #1286

Quote:
I agree
Ah, trying to confuse me now, eh?
Old 26-02-2011, 16:24   #1287
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Just reading the obbo', the Queen of fantasy island claims on page 13 that the spending on the celebs 'generated 3,000 extra people' to the area, good job it was before the toilets were closed or we residents would have drowned in what they would naturally leave behind.

Could she please prove the accuracy of 3,000 people, then explain why with so many extra, potentially full bladders, a need to close toilets rather than urgently to erect new ones exists?
Didn't someone post a photograph earlier in the thread, of the 'crowds' watching Silly Dildo?

I thought we came to the conclusion there were about fifty there, for each of his appearances.

There must have been thousands there then, watching Martin Platt's 'One Hundred Things to do with a Cheesy Triangle', the following week.

It is difficult for some, judging crowd sizes.

Someone told the press there were 400 dancers who took part in the Flash Mob event.

Accuracy.

It ain't easy...for some.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2011, 16:39   #1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

Accuracy.

It ain't easy...for some.

I reckon you've said that a million times on here, but don't quote me.
Old 26-02-2011, 16:43   #1289
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I reckon you've said that a million times on here, but don't quote me.
Sorry, needed to be quoted.

Reckon?

I've actually said it 978,423 times on here.

I'm brimful of the accurate and the factual, me.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2011, 16:48   #1290
Beacon of light

do you think they counted the legs and mutiplied by 100, then knocked some off because it sounded implausible?

They have to try and make it sound like they got good value for money.......but(tapping side of nose) we all know different....don't we?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..