Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-02-2011, 21:18   #1246
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Market Hall Refurbishment

Your pound comment reminded me of something.

Rhonda and I were in town a while ago, your typical Accy mother, you know baby in a pram eating a Gregs pasty with a baby bottle full of cold tea, was shouting at her slightly older kid was doing nothing but she was to busy discussing JK with her friend. As a punishment if he did not behave she said if he was not good she would not take him to the pound shop

Stop laughing you will hurt yourself
Old 18-02-2011, 21:34   #1247
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Your pound comment reminded me of something.

Rhonda and I were in town a while ago, your typical Accy mother, you know baby in a pram eating a Gregs pasty with a baby bottle full of cold tea, was shouting at her slightly older kid was doing nothing but she was to busy discussing JK with her friend. As a punishment if he did not behave she said if he was not good she would not take him to the pound shop

Stop laughing you will hurt yourself
You patronising pig.

That was mummy and me, and it isn't a pram I was sat in. It's a push chair!

Greggs for us is a treat.

I get a pasty each Saturday and Tuesday, as a pacifier, to suck the cheese out of.

I was a good boy, and I did go to the Pound Shop.

I bought a stapler set, shaped like ladybirds.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 21:51   #1248
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

We went to Blackburn today, had a nice look around the shops popped into a jewellers as the claws on Rhonda's engagement ring need repairing and had a nice lunch in Frankie & Bennys. Then we had to call into Accy to had the pads changed on Rhonda's glasses.

Accrington is so different to Blackburn, I think any council are going to have a massive task trying to sort out both the Market Hall and the town centre. Its not just the place, its the people and unfortunately there is not a lot can be done about that.

Even the staff in the jewellers were less professional
Old 18-02-2011, 22:24   #1249
God Member

Quote:
Its not just the place, its the people and unfortunately there is not a lot can be done about that.
l
Maybe its a part of Gods greater plan to increase the self esteem of the Ribble Valley types and other 'incomers' , gives them a warm feeling when they look down on the peons.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 22:56   #1250
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Maybe its a part of Gods greater plan to increase the self esteem of the Ribble Valley types and other 'incomers' , gives them a warm feeling when they look down on the peons.
That is funnier that you know
Old 18-02-2011, 23:15   #1251
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Why, was the baby in the pram called Peony-Jade?

Old 19-02-2011, 07:50   #1252
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Why, was the baby in the pram called Peony-Jade?

You are slow today
Old 19-02-2011, 08:04   #1253
Give, give, give member

Was there a queue for the toilets, so had a warm feeling, as you piddled over the balcony in the Market Hall?

Urban Dictionary: peon

Old 19-02-2011, 08:09   #1254
God Member

Quote:
Sorry Neil , but I find your original comment offensive " its the people and unfortunately there is not a lot can be done about that". What do you suggest, the implementation of Eugenics ? with statements like that you are comong across as a total prig/pillock ,

Similar to the guy who keeps refering to Rishton as a "village" ... Stanhill is maybe a village , Tottleworth is maybe a village , Huncoat/Altham whichever has a Parish District Coucil is a village ... get my drift, maybe even Knuzden qualifies as a village , but Rishton ? thought the old designation of UDC qualified an urban area as a "mini metropolitan area" ie a town,

just my opinion , feel free to delete if my above comments offend the moderators sense of fairplay or disscusion.
Thanks
Old 19-02-2011, 08:17   #1255
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Why would I delete your comment? Accrington was full of not very nice people, that is something that is hard to deal with. The sort of people that are happy Accrington has lots of pound and mobile phone shops. I suppose its supply and demand, that is why Accrington town centre will never be like Blackburns. If you want decent shops go to Blackburn or Manchester its as simple as that.

I don't mean to be offensive but unless you have visited Accrington recently and seen what I mean you are not really in an informed position. Personally I hate seeing a group of young people with little kids and babies in prams chatting away, ignoring there children and swearing there heads of. If that makes me what you said then I am fine with that. Personally I think it makes me a decent bloke who knows how to act around my children.
Old 19-02-2011, 08:24   #1256
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Sorry Neil , but I find your original comment offensive " its the people and unfortunately there is not a lot can be done about that". What do you suggest, the implementation of Eugenics ? with statements like that you are comong across as a total prig/pillock ,

Similar to the guy who keeps refering to Rishton as a "village" ... Stanhill is maybe a village , Tottleworth is maybe a village , Huncoat/Altham whichever has a Parish District Coucil is a village ... get my drift, maybe even Knuzden qualifies as a village , but Rishton ? thought the old designation of UDC qualified an urban area as a "mini metropolitan area" ie a town,

just my opinion , feel free to delete if my above comments offend the moderators sense of fairplay or disscusion.
Thanks
I'm defending no one, but Neil posted there was a difference in the people in the two towns.

He didn't say what the difference was.

I'd say the demographics of both places, being only a few miles apart, were exactly the same. It's just that there are more folks in Blackburn, so it can support more/larger stores.

As an area we do have relatively low average, when it comes to disposable income.

It's doubtful we're ever going to see luxury brand stores line Broadway, instead of the budget stores we do have.

Being pure white trash himself, I didn't take Neil's post as a call to start a local eugenics programme.

Old 19-02-2011, 08:28   #1257
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Why would I delete your comment? Accrington was full of not very nice people, that is something that is hard to deal with. The sort of people that are happy Accrington has lots of pound and mobile phone shops. I suppose its supply and demand, that is why Accrington town centre will never be like Blackburns. If you want decent shops go to Blackburn or Manchester its as simple as that.

I don't mean to be offensive but unless you have visited Accrington recently and seen what I mean you are not really in an informed position. Personally I hate seeing a group of young people with little kids and babies in prams chatting away, ignoring there children and swearing there heads of. If that makes me what you said then I am fine with that. Personally I think it makes me a decent bloke who knows how to act around my children.
P.S. I just read it that he doesn't shop in the town centre very often, which I suspected when he's posted comments about the market, Market Hall etc., and because it's so rare, it all came as a bit of a shock.

Old 19-02-2011, 08:34   #1258
Give, give, give member

Quote:

Thanks
If you wanted to discuss further, we could always look back through your old posts, and dissect the disparaging comments about single mothers, living off benefits.

Not that you were looking down your nose at them...of course.

Old 19-02-2011, 08:37   #1259
God Member

Apologies to Neil , but your quote did come over as a bit extreme.
Old 19-02-2011, 08:41   #1260
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Well, yes, that is the idea behind a Market Hall, get some food. But a Bookshop? Surely that's for Broadway? Oh, no, that one went years ago.

As for CoffeeBeanz, why mention it? Unless you're trying to keep in with the populous?

We know it's Christmas for them.

Do I notice a little back peddling going on?

Do I detect a difference in your posting?

Nah, just me, too simple to work things out.
Back pedalling? Certainly not, I just thought that with all my vile and vicious posts about how the traders are being interfered with I should balance that with something about what good stalls and shops we actually have in Accy.

The town centre is missing a Works, not the Market Hall.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..