Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2012, 16:43   #61
God Member

Re: Meaningless comments

I have had green karma a few times as compen for Less's insulting comments.
...so it is understandable that some people presumed Less upset you.

Old habits die hard - good to know he is losing his teeth

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-02-2012, 16:46   #62
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Well Less if you feel like being called a deluded female as I was by my accuser, feel free...
Well yes, I must admit I may have seemed to have reacted a little hastily, but only because he got to call you a deluded female, which takes the edge off any insult I may come up with, after all we never forget our first!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 16:50   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I have had green karma a few times as compen for Less's insulting comments.
...so it is understandable that some people presumed Less upset you.

Old habits die hard - good to know he is losing his teeth
I have had green karma because of what I've said from people that agreed with me.

Strangely enough, never had any red for the same posts.
Old 25-02-2012, 16:53   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I have had green karma because of what I've said from people that agreed with me.

Strangely enough, never had any red for the same posts.
You must have got your poodle on a breeding programme

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 16:57   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
You must have got your poodle on a breeding programme
No, he's like you, too old to give a pluck. (got to be careful Neil could be on the prowl, he is dying to ban me).
Old 25-02-2012, 17:09   #66

Quote:
A poster on a recent thread accused me of making a meaningless comment and suggested I was becoming a nuisance. Along with other derogatory comments which I will not repeat he also suggested that he was not the only one that thinks I am chipping in with meaningless comments on several threads on here.

I take offence at these remarks and would like to invite anyone who feels what he said to be true to let me know, either by commenting on this thread or by pm.

I was not aware that Accrington Web set any standards for the meaningfulness or otherwise of posts but have always tried to make a positive contribution even if it is only with a lighthearted comment.

I can think of several people who in my opinion make meaningless posts but I would not wish to stop them commenting.

If anyone feels strongly enough about my posts they could always put me on ignore but then they run the risk of losing a gem if I ever do manage to make sense.

You sound upset Susie, but I wouldn't take it to heart, I did think the comment made about you was harsh. From my experience, posting online isn't like real life, youre adding your comments, opinions and feelings to the views of other people who might well have other stuff going on in their lives and might choose to vent their feelings on faceless names or might feel particularly strongly about a subject. I don't think that anything I've seen that you've posted could possibly be seen as either a nuisance or meaningless, in fact I've found some of your posts to be very interesting.
I'm relatively new to this posting online business and it's taken me a while not to be offended by other people's replies (just refer to the previous lap dancing thread if you want to!)
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 18:03   #67
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Typical, why does it only have to be offensive to female members?

Can us blokes not be allowed to take umbridge as well?

Of course you can take umbrage with the rest of us, but the posts led me to believe that this comment was aimed at women, rather than men....anyway, I am pretty sure you know how to report a post, should the need arise.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 19:11   #68
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
From my experience, posting online isn't like real life
Nail...head...hit!
Old 25-02-2012, 20:40   #69
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
You sound upset Susie, but I wouldn't take it to heart, I did think the comment made about you was harsh. From my experience, posting online isn't like real life, youre adding your comments, opinions and feelings to the views of other people who might well have other stuff going on in their lives and might choose to vent their feelings on faceless names or might feel particularly strongly about a subject. I don't think that anything I've seen that you've posted could possibly be seen as either a nuisance or meaningless, in fact I've found some of your posts to be very interesting.
I'm relatively new to this posting online business and it's taken me a while not to be offended by other people's replies (just refer to the previous lap dancing thread if you want to!)
Yes the comments were harsh, and he does it all the time, especially to women, which really bugs me. He may be a gentleman in real life but that is not excuse for being so rude online. I have no wish to meet him to find out.

Anyway Anne, thanks for your kind words about my posts, they are much appreciated.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 20:52   #70
Resting In Peace

Well this may have been a meaningless thread but it's successfully passed a Saturday afternoon and evening. Lots of posts, with some interesting comments, and no one has told me to go away or shut up.

Thank you all for your support.

Of course the antis may communicate by pm, being reluctant to show their faces on here... :
Old 25-02-2012, 20:55   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

Of course the antis may communicate by pm, being reluctant to show their faces on here... :
Yeh got more chance of being struck by lightening susie IMHO.
Old 25-02-2012, 21:00   #72

Hi Susie

Found the offensive post and i must admit I always find his responses blunt to say the least

He's never in the wrong and although he clearly has a wealth of local history knowledge he has a very unfortunate manner and I would have hoped for a man of mature years he could show more respect to all sections of Accyweb

keep posting
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 21:09   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedman2003 View Post
Hi Susie

Found the offensive post and i must admit I always find his responses blunt to say the least

He's never in the wrong and although he clearly has a wealth of local history knowledge he has a very unfortunate manner and I would have hoped for a man of mature years he could show more respect to all sections of Accyweb

keep posting
Very very well said!
Old 25-02-2012, 21:09   #74
Resting In Peace

If the cap fits...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hearse.jpg (33.5 KB, 32 views)
Old 25-02-2012, 21:20   #75

Quote:
If the cap fits...
Funny!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..