Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2012, 10:57   #106
Senior Member+

Re: Meaningless comments

Susie, if you read some of your own posts you'll see that you also can be quite sharp and what some people might find a little aggressive yourself. On occasion someone has had to defend or excuse themselves after one of your posts.
Your post 74 ''if the cap fits' with the picture of a hearse with wreaths spelling 'BASTARD' could evoke the thought 'pots, kettles, black' or was it just humour?
When you opened this thread you sailed in with all guns blazing! OK you were angry but you weren't afraid to have a go yourself!
Yes the comments were rude- that is retlaws way and I think he makes a point of being like that. If you think he's gone too far take him on, or ignore him.
Accyweb has its fair share of characters- thank heavens for that, it's what makes it fun to be on.
Take them as they are but most of all don't take them seriously! On here they are able to be a character- in real life I expect they are totally different.

In the meantime, hope you're feeling better.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2012, 11:16   #107
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Accyweb has its fair share of characters- thank heavens for that, it's what makes it fun to be on.
Take them as they are but most of all don't take them seriously! On here they are able to be a character- in real life I expect they are totally different.
Exactly!
Old 27-02-2012, 11:23   #108
Beacon of light

The internet can be tricky to use ...especially when trying to get nuances across....there isn't the face to face contact, you cannot judge the body language....so sometimes things come across as terse when they aren't meant to be.

I think that Susie said she had drawn a line under the situation and this should mean that the discussion is closed(I know I have posted now when I probably shouldn't have)......which is why I feel the thread should be closed......no more postings mean that it becomes dormant and can be forgotten.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 11:29   #109
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I think that Susie said she had drawn a line under the situation and this should mean that the discussion is closed(I know I have posted now when I probably shouldn't have)......which is why I feel the thread should be closed......no more postings mean that it becomes dormant and can be forgotten.
Margaret, surely a thread can only be closed when a moderator decides to close it? Otherwise, as members of Accyweb we are perfectly at liberty to use our right of freedom of speech to comment as we see fit?
Old 27-02-2012, 11:39   #110
Senior Member+

Margaret, Susie said yesterday lunchtime 'time to draw a line under this and move on'. She's posted twice more already.
People update themselves on threads at different times depending what they're up to. When they do they may want to add their thoughts. Why not?
If susie has drawn a line now this thread will die a natural death!
Old 27-02-2012, 12:03   #111
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Margaret, surely a thread can only be closed when a moderator decides to close it? Otherwise, as members of Accyweb we are perfectly at liberty to use our right of freedom of speech to comment as we see fit?
At the risk of attracting more red k from those who thought they had seen the last of me I will add one more post.

I wish to draw a line as my posts were becoming repetitive, making the same point over and over. I do not however wish the thread to be closed or the issue to be forgotten, and others are free to comment or not as they wish, as Wynonie and Gordon suggest

If the moderators wish to close the thread for reasons of their own they are welcome to do so, meanwhile I leave it open to the rest of Accyweb, with my best wishes.

As Gordon pointed out, if I have drawn a line now this thread will die a natural death!
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 12:17   #112
Beacon of light

Only if people stop posting...and this will be the last post I make to this thread.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 12:24   #113
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Only if people stop posting...and this will be the last post I make to this thread.
Promise? Good!
Oops.
Old 27-02-2012, 13:02   #114
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
As Gordon pointed out, if I have drawn a line now this thread will die a natural death!
Don't you believe it, Susie, we can make threads last for years on here!
Old 27-02-2012, 14:33   #115
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Promise? Good!
Oops.
Yeah, if all the women stop posting in it, it will improve no end.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 14:35   #116
Senior Member+

You're right Less. In fact if a woman hadn't started it!!!
Old 27-02-2012, 14:45   #117
God Member

Uncle Less, when did you stop being one of the undead?
Old 27-02-2012, 15:11   #118
Give, give, give member

The Emperor's mother is sleeping soundly.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 20:55   #119
Senior Member+

[__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________[/U]Ok i have drawn a long line under it
Old 27-02-2012, 22:20   #120
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post
Uncle Less, when did you stop being one of the undead?
A week ago next year.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..