Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2009, 10:10   #16
God Member

Re: Medal for citizen's arrest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Did you not mentally visualise what form the 'retribution' would take?, and shudder at what some people are capable of?
If 'no' - you demonstrate a lack of empathy with your fellow man
I think what shaker was saying was to compare the retribution to a rape is ridiculous, especially when you consider it's a 9 year old girl

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-08-2009, 10:12   #17
God Member

Both horrify me equally

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:14   #18
God Member

Quote:
Did you not mentally visualise what form the 'retribution' would take?
Of course I did, and as posted I agree with the sentiment of your post entirely.
I just couldn't say that "The mental image of the enactment of revenge was just as horrific as the rape itself." I can imagine very few things (if any) as horrific as the original crime. Perhaps that's the effect of context.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:16   #19
Resting in Peace

Only gossip at the moment ... don't think would have been any sort of premeditated type of retribution ... possibly the attacker struggled as the lads tried to contain him. It is also one of the crimes (along with muggings of old ladies) that really incites an angry involuntary reaction in all of us. Don't think is anything new.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:09   #20
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Did you not mentally visualise what form the 'retribution' would take?, and shudder at what some people are capable of?
Apprehending, and handing over to the police, good citizenship.

As stated earlier, if they used any unecessary violence to do this, that's very wrong.

Though I'm of the opinion even if the suspect had been raped, which certainly isn't the case, it still nowhere equates to the terror a small child would have felt, as someone violently took her innocence.

Last edited by garinda; 07-08-2009 at 11:13.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:55   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Apprehending, and handing over to the police, good citizenship.

As stated earlier, if they used any unecessary violence to do this, that's very wrong.

Though I'm of the opinion even if the suspect had been raped, which certainly isn't the case, it still nowhere equates to the terror a small child would have felt, as someone violently took her innocence.
i can go wi that, reading the report these 2 blokes chased him through the wooded area nearby, etc until they caught him, don't know what happened when they did he resisted or not? but if they were certain it was the guy i hope they kicked the crap out of him, if it was ya can stick empathy wi fellow man margaret, i do not regard sex offenders as human.
Old 07-08-2009, 16:09   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i can go wi that, reading the report these 2 blokes chased him through the wooded area nearby, etc until they caught him, don't know what happened when they did he resisted or not? but if they were certain it was the guy i hope they kicked the crap out of him, if it was ya can stick empathy wi fellow man margaret, i do not regard sex offenders as human.
Totally agree cashy, because you can rest assured that the scumbag won't get his just deserts from the man in a curly wig
Old 07-08-2009, 18:40   #23
God Member

IF these two lad saw the guy comitting tehe offence and kicked the snot out him then very well done indeed on the 2 lads part

maybe its just me but i think sexually assaulting children is wrong and deserves more than a short stay in prison for people who do it

untill we actually start executing them sadly a good hiding is the best punishment they can get

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 20:57   #24

My two pennorth on this is if it was my daughter and the lads had caught him knowing it was definately him, I hope they kicked the crap out of him as well. If he'd done that to my daughter I'd want to do worse than that to him.
I shall now get my coat.
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 21:51   #25
God Member

I would hope that if the two lads do get charged with anything , they elect to go to court and demand a jury trial , Don't see a local jury finding them guilty .

the proviso being , the person they got was the right guy .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 23:20   #26

Steeljack my hubby just said exactly the same thing.
Old 07-08-2009, 23:23   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedarbo View Post
Steeljack my hubby just said exactly the same thing.
Didn't know ya were wed to Steeljack
Old 07-08-2009, 23:36   #28

Erm, I'm not.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..