Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2007, 21:17   #406
God Member

re: Missing child in Portugal - Madeleine McCann

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
i think it says something about us as a society, that our police ARE much more experianced at this sort of thing, wouldnt it be nicer to live in a place where the police are not used do carrying out this work day after day?
I know what you're saying there,it would be lovely to live somewhere with such a low crime rate but the price you'd have to pay is that in the unlikely event that a child is abducted the police have no idea how to deal with it,fail to construct a thorough enquiry and the parents may never know what happened to her.Never knowing where she is,what's happened to her and having to live out the rest of my life like that,to me,would be worse than being told she was dead.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-08-2007, 21:22   #407
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
they've even allowed other families to stay in that apartment since Madeleine's abduction

It also said on the news today that the apartment hasn't been used by any other holiday makers, and is being kept as a crime scene.

The McCanns were interviewed together today on the BBC, and said they were hurt by all the speculation that they are somehow involved with Madeline's disappearance because of this new information about what may, or may not be, a blood stain. The simple fact is we simply do not know.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 21:24   #408
Senior Member+

Quote:
I know what you're saying there,it would be lovely to live somewhere with such a low crime rate but the price you'd have to pay is that in the unlikely event that a child is abducted the police have no idea how to deal with it,fail to construct a thorough enquiry and the parents may never know what happened to her.Never knowing where she is,what's happened to her and having to live out the rest of my life like that,to me,would be worse than being told she was dead.
i agree fully, its just sad that our police seemed so "experianced" at everything, and then we get people telling us that the prisons are full, sounds like a cant win, cant win situation.
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 21:28   #409
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
It also said on the news today that the apartment hasn't been used by any other holiday makers, and is being kept as a crime scene
They seem to be saying one thing in the newspaper and another thing on the news don't they? You're right,we don't know anything.
Old 07-08-2007, 21:29   #410
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
It also said on the news today that the apartment hasn't been used by any other holiday makers, and is being kept as a crime scene.

The simple fact is we simply do not know.
I think I tried to say that rindy, but some folk choose to ignore anything that doesn't fall within their flight of fancy.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 21:30   #411
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
i agree fully, its just sad that our police seemed so "experianced" at everything, and then we get people telling us that the prisons are full, sounds like a cant win, cant win situation.
I would much rather live in a place with less crime as I am sure we all would, just a pity they didn't send more experienced police in sooner
BERNADETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 21:34   #412
Give, give, give member

I've mentioned on here before how my then eighteen year old cousin was murdered in Bolton-le-Sands fourteen years ago. He was murdered at home when he came home from school, and one of the hardest things I remember about that sad time was all the speculation and innuendo, both in the press and by people who didn't know a thing.

Old 07-08-2007, 21:38   #413
Resting in peace

Quote:
Less I don't know what happened but I will await the official report because none of us know.
I agree untill they get the results it is best left alone.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 21:39   #414
God Member

Quote:
Ah right.The papers are saying it is blood.Anyway,if it is found to be blood I suppose that doesn't necessarily mean it is Madeleine's blood.The Portugese police have been so lax in their treatment of that apartment,not sealing off the area,not searching thoroughly for evidence,they've even allowed other families to stay in that apartment since Madeleine's abduction,so the blood or whatever it is could have come from one of these other people and be nothing to do with Madeleine.What a mess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I think I tried to say that rindy, but some folk choose to ignore anything that doesn't fall within their flight of fancy.
What Garinda has said falls well within my flight of fancy.What he says is true,we don't know the facts,especially as it appears that the papers tell us one tale and then they say the opposite on the news.I also agreed with you on the point that the 'blood' could be anybody's
Old 07-08-2007, 21:44   #415
God Member

Quote:
I've mentioned on here before how my then eighteen year old cousin was murdered in Bolton-le-Sands fourteen years ago. He was murdered at home when he came home from school, and one of the hardest things I remember about that sad time was all the speculation and innuendo, both in the press and by people who didn't know a thing.
I understand what you're saying.Gossip must be hurtful for the families in criminal cases.
Old 07-08-2007, 21:44   #416

Quote:
What Garinda has said falls well within my flight of fancy.What he says is true,we don't know the facts,especially as it appears that the papers tell us one tale and then they say the opposite on the news.I also agreed with you on the point that the 'blood' could be anybody's
So unless you thought I meant you, (I might have done but I won't tell you), what was the need to reply? We can all agree and go to bed knowing that the results will be published as soon as possible leaving us no need to speculate or theorise.
Old 07-08-2007, 21:54   #417
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
So unless you thought I meant you, (I might have done but I won't tell you), what was the need to reply? We can all agree and go to bed knowing that the results will be published as soon as possible leaving us no need to speculate or theorise.
I knew who you meant,I'm very intuitive.I agree,we should stop speculating now.
Old 07-08-2007, 21:56   #418

Quote:
I knew who you meant,I'm very intuitive.I agree,we should stop speculating now.
I see you haven't gone to bed! (Tomorrow comes so much quicker if you do).
Old 07-08-2007, 22:29   #419
Give, give, give member

Quote:

You're right, just because I saw something on the TV, doesn't make it any more of an accurate report, than what you read in the newspaper. All of it is speculation, and we only get to know what they want us to know anyway.

Old 10-08-2007, 16:34   #420
God Member

New twist in the tail from Spain:

Costa Blanca News Online - Spain's leading international weekly

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..