Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2008, 09:54   #556
Resting in Peace

re: Missing child in Portugal - Madeleine McCann

been reading the papers today about this case:

what would you do if you thought you had seen Maddy....

would you wait months... weeks... or would you report it RIGHT AWAY:

I would do the latter... if I was wrong then sorry... we all make mistakes and I am

sure that parents of the child would understand:

It does not seem true that all these sightings are now coming up:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-08-2008, 10:03   #557

Re: "Maddy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
so what you are saying to other people who may do the same is:
Hey its ok if you leave your children alone , whilst your on holiday or at home ... you have a nice few drinks... if anything happens:

You won't go to prison or have your other children taken off you:

you will have suffered enough... there there there..........
Where exactly did I say that???? Feel free to quote me if you can find anything at all that

What I am saying is the worst thing I could possibly imagine is to lose my child, in whatever circumstance.

What about parents that leave their children in the car whilst they nip inside to a corner shop for a paper? What about those that let their children play out in the garden and turn around to answer the phone? I anything happened then, they were 'neglectful' in a manner.

The McCanns did something wrong. I have no doubt in my mind that were time travel available, they would do whatever they could to turn back time. I in no way agree with their actions, at the end of the day, they are a two parent family, and it wouldnt have done any harm taking it in turns to babysit or make other arrangements. I am saying that no amount of punishment could be any worse than what they are going through, and to take the other children away from them would only cause more harm, to the children let alone the parents, than any good
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:13   #558

Well the unfortunate thing is ( as earlier posted ) that if it were just a normal mother living in a run-down council house/estate ( like church, i dont know huncoat ) then the social services would be swooping round like a swarm of flies and WOULD take the remaining children from them seeing the parents as unfit.

Its blatentley irresponsible to leave your children un-attended whilst you go off and have a meal, those children are your responsibility. SOMEBODY should have stayed behind to watch the children, NOT going back and forth to check on them once every 30mins. 30 mins? Thats a hell of a long time, and its more than enough time for anyone to snatch a child. christ, 10mins is enough time. You know how often they should have checked on them??? 0!!! 0, because they should have been watching them.

Unfit parents if you ask me, and yes i guess they're being punished for it now having madeline taken from them, but theres two other children that are at RISK because they're in the hands of irresponsible parents like the McCanns.

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination.

I sometimes lay down at night and stare at the stars and its then i realise.. SOMEONE'S STOLE MY ROOF!!!

I'm always amazed when I hear people saying; "That GORDON BROWN, he's a great leader". And I wonder, where can one find a drug that would make one so delusional?
danny27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 16:10   #559
God Member

I doubt that they will ever leave the other two children out of their sight. I suspect that they have learnt in the hardest possible way imaginable that it's not ok to leave your children alone.

They probably can't be charged with child neglect because there is no one who is able to do that. It's against the law to leave your child alone in the UK but they weren't in the UK so not under our law. For all I know it may not be an offense in Portugal so they weren't charged there or it may be that because they are British they couldn't be charged.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 18:19   #560
God Member

Well another possible sighting, in Belgium.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 19:01   #561
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Well another possible sighting, in Belgium.
Afraid not
Belgian Father Claims Girl In CCTV His Daughter, Not Madeleine McCann | UK News | Sky News
Old 12-08-2008, 20:55   #562
God Member

Aww what a shame. but surely more checks would have been done than just a man coming foward?
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 09:41   #563
Resting in Peace

a photo of this young girl in the paper this morning, and you could understandpeople thinking it was Maddy, was the spitting image of her
Old 21-12-2008, 17:21   #564
Resting in Peace

All you mums and dads with your children safe around you for Christmas, give a thought for this little cherub :-

BBC NEWS | UK | McCanns appeal in Christmas film
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008, 17:30   #565
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
All you mums and dads with your children safe around you for Christmas, give a thought for this little cherub :-

BBC NEWS | UK | McCanns appeal in Christmas film
Just been watching the video on the news. If she had been killed and they found her then her parents would have had some closure,not much comfort I know. But to not even know what has happened to her must be torture in the extreme.
Old 21-12-2008, 17:36   #566
God Member

In Asda in Rotty earlier and a young child approached Jen because she had lost her mum. So Jen took her to the CS. Five mins later she had lost her mum again who was to busy eating to worry about her child. Anyone could have walked out with her and mum would have been non the wiser. Its just not abroad it happens but can quite easily happen here when parents aint paying attention.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008, 17:46   #567
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
In Asda in Rotty earlier and a young child approached Jen because she had lost her mum. So Jen took her to the CS. Five mins later she had lost her mum again who was to busy eating to worry about her child. Anyone could have walked out with her and mum would have been non the wiser. Its just not abroad it happens but can quite easily happen here when parents aint paying attention.
I know Spuggie, but don't wish to get into any speculations as to this case again .. just to give her a thought, that's all.

The above, I suspect, is very rare.
Old 21-12-2008, 18:02   #568
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I know Spuggie, but don't wish to get into any speculations as to this case again .. just to give her a thought, that's all.

The above, I suspect, is very rare.
Not speculating it was an example of how parents forget what happened in Portugal when out and about. Sorry seems my wording was a bit off

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008, 18:52   #569
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Not speculating it was an example of how parents forget what happened in Portugal when out and about. Sorry seems my wording was a bit off
Again I know that you are a lovely person Spuggie, and no criticism intended.
I know we talk about 'todays' parents on here, but most of them are dedicated to their kids and suspect Shill came across that odd 2%.

I did, indeed, see it as a reminder to all parents to watch your kids when you are out and about with them, and if the message gets to only one parent, then that is great .. x
Old 21-12-2008, 23:45   #570
white rabbits

Its the second xmas without her mum,,,i hope she is in good hands,,,BLESS HER

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..