View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 10:03   #557
onlyme

Re: "Maddy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
so what you are saying to other people who may do the same is:
Hey its ok if you leave your children alone , whilst your on holiday or at home ... you have a nice few drinks... if anything happens:

You won't go to prison or have your other children taken off you:

you will have suffered enough... there there there..........
Where exactly did I say that???? Feel free to quote me if you can find anything at all that

What I am saying is the worst thing I could possibly imagine is to lose my child, in whatever circumstance.

What about parents that leave their children in the car whilst they nip inside to a corner shop for a paper? What about those that let their children play out in the garden and turn around to answer the phone? I anything happened then, they were 'neglectful' in a manner.

The McCanns did something wrong. I have no doubt in my mind that were time travel available, they would do whatever they could to turn back time. I in no way agree with their actions, at the end of the day, they are a two parent family, and it wouldnt have done any harm taking it in turns to babysit or make other arrangements. I am saying that no amount of punishment could be any worse than what they are going through, and to take the other children away from them would only cause more harm, to the children let alone the parents, than any good
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote