Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Is Government Doing Enough?
Automatic Ban 12 75.00%
Increase Fines @ Points 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-12-2015, 08:26   #31

Re: Mobile Phone Use.

I must admit, I can also discretely turn my hearing aid off as its for my left ear lol

I refuse to answer my works phone when driving unless I'm in a car that it's paired to for handsfree use (never happens) so they will have to wait until I can pull over.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-12-2015, 19:37   #32
God Member

under 7 quid i got one for the other half it works brilliantly

no excuse for using a phone while driving illegally

Wireless Bluetooth Handsfree Car Kit Sun Visor Clip Drive Talk iPhone Galaxy UK | eBay

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2015, 22:44   #33
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Do you also ask all passengers to refrain from talking while you're driving? Personally I think using a full hands free system is less distracting than passengers talking. I see so many drivers taking their eyes off the road to look at the passenger they are talking to.
I think you will find that its mostly women who have to look at the passenger whilst talking, its a genetic thing from the hunter gatherer days, men didn't turn there heads whilst they were whispering, waiting for the game they were going to kill, you don't take your eyes off the kill, nowadays it don't take your eyes of the ball.

Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2015, 09:02   #34
Beacon of light

Retlaw, that is a huge generalisation.(and in my opinion...i know that doesn't count for much...a load of horse feathers......very sexist too)
I have given up driving, but when I did drive I could talk without looking at who I was talking to.
My husband used to tell me that I concentrated too much when I was driving.
That was rubbish too. When you are driving you owe it to yourself and your family to not use your car as a lethal weapon...you should take all measures to ensure your safety and that of other road users and pedestrians.......anything less than this is criminal.
Gremlin likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2015, 09:57   #35
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
I think you will find that its mostly women who have to look at the passenger whilst talking, its a genetic thing from the hunter gatherer days, men didn't turn there heads whilst they were whispering, waiting for the game they were going to kill, you don't take your eyes off the kill, nowadays it don't take your eyes of the ball.

I see it both ways round and have never noticed men or women worse at it.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..