Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2014, 13:54   #31

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial.

I was married for 35 years and know that my female brain works totally differently from any male's brain. Their thought processes take a different direction than mine and they can't multi-task.

A look at the way tmale - female brains are wired gives a clue ...

http://hisleadershiphertrust.com/wp-...male-Brain.jpg

Men generally have more connections within each hemisphere of the brain, while in women the two halves of the brain are much more interlinked.

Last edited by Lucysgirl; 15-05-2014 at 13:56.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-05-2014, 14:14   #32
Beacon of light

I have been married for 47 years so I know that men are wired differently...think differently, act differently.

I know that when there is a noise in the house, it is me who goes to investigate what it is.
We have a phone upstairs and if I thought we had someone in the house I would be calling for help first.

Or maybe that is just too sensible..just too logical...or maybe it is because I do not have a gun under my bed.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2014, 14:43   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I have been married for 47 years so I know that men are wired differently...think differently, act differently.

I know that when there is a noise in the house, it is me who goes to investigate what it is.
We have a phone upstairs and if I thought we had someone in the house I would be calling for help first.

Or maybe that is just too sensible..just too logical...or maybe it is because I do not have a gun under my bed.
I bet yours has the same standard phrases as mine did lol

Quite a while back there were some street interviews in England where some men did admit that they kept an object under their bed for defence purposes, such as a child's cricket bat, etc., in the event of an an intruder - I think it possibly might be something to do with the area they live in.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2014, 17:18   #34
Senior Member+

His 'story' has more holes in it than the local golf course.
They had a fight, she tried to leave,she locked herself in the bathroom (probably in fear), his rage got the better of him so he got a gun and killed her (that's my summary).
Surprisingly though, I do feel a little pity for him,he's thrown two decades of blood sweat and tears but my main pity is for the beautiful young woman who lost her life.
Rip reeva, I'd give my left leg for a women that could turn heads the way she did.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2014, 17:47   #35
Full Member+

Aside from the evidence detailed in court, his pitiful whimpering performance looked,to me, to be a man full of his own self pity. He probably regretted what he'd done straight away when he'd blasted all his rage away but, I think he's a spoiled, self absorbed man who believed his own publicity. Whatever the outcome of his trial, he has still killed a young woman and that will walk with him forever. His uncontrolled behaviour has ruined his own life forever.
Old 15-05-2014, 18:38   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
Aside from the evidence detailed in court, his pitiful whimpering performance looked,to me, to be a man full of his own self pity. He probably regretted what he'd done straight away when he'd blasted all his rage away but, I think he's a spoiled, self absorbed man who believed his own publicity. Whatever the outcome of his trial, he has still killed a young woman and that will walk with him forever. His uncontrolled behaviour has ruined his own life forever.
I wouldn't bet on it. If he gets away with it he will find a way to justify/excuse his actions in his own warped mind and carry on as normal.

CF. O J Simpson got away with murder but went on to be committed for further crimes.
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:43   #37
Senior Member+

The Media coverage on this trail seems to have lost its legs

password--Accyweb
Old 06-07-2014, 10:48   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Its on Sky News every weekday night at 9-30 if yeh can be bothered to watch,? I sure can't.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:11   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Its on Sky News every weekday night at 9-30 if yeh can be bothered to watch,? I sure can't.
Cheers C, I'll be sure to give it a miss

password--Accyweb
Old 06-07-2014, 11:42   #40
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
The Media coverage on this trail seems to have lost its legs
Any wonder? The whole process is completely tedious & of no interest to the majority of folk who've got enough on their plate with trying to lead their own lives, let alone endure the nauseating mass coverage of some irrelevant "sports star" who for whatever reason killed his girlfriend.
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 06-07-2014, 19:42   #41
Full Member+

Don't like the idea of "TV" Trials case in point Casey Anthony
not saying anything else
US Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 22:51   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Any wonder? The whole process is completely tedious & of no interest to the majority of folk who've got enough on their plate with trying to lead their own lives, let alone endure the nauseating mass coverage of some irrelevant "sports star" who for whatever reason killed his girlfriend.
Why would the TV controllers of Sky News, Sky Sports News and BBC News think that anyone outside the RSA would be in the least interested in the trial - broadcast at the same time on all three channels?
Old 08-07-2014, 07:20   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Why would the TV controllers of Sky News, Sky Sports News and BBC News think that anyone outside the RSA would be in the least interested in the trial - broadcast at the same time on all three channels?
Possibly cos theres that many knobheads watch these reality programmes Barrie? so they assume the same mentality will apply.
Old 14-10-2014, 09:19   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Whats going on here now? A sentence Hearing !!! another complete farce, telling us what a good boy he is n how his life is ruined, Well what about the dead lasses life?? n her family. If this is the way South African Law is conducted, maybe ours aint as bad as i thought? an unsual step of armed police in court today, seemingly cos this judge aint very popular with the South African public, Hardly Surprising in my view.
Old 14-10-2014, 10:19   #45
Senior Member+

A correctional officer for his defence wants him to get house arrest and community service , now that's taking the pistorius.
I wonder, if the girls parents shot him dead, cried, played the victim and claimed it ruined their life's would they be recommended for community service?

password--Accyweb

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..