Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Oscar Pistorius Trial. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/oscar-pistorius-trial-66001.html)

westendlass 10-04-2014 10:22

Oscar Pistorius Trial.

I've been watching the Oscar Pistorius murder trial on tv on and off and now the prosecution have him its not looking too good. It's been coming out in court that his relationship with his girlfriend was turbulent. He can't remember very much today under questioning and seems to keep tripping himself up. Seems to me to be a spoiled little boy used to getting his own way with a large ego and temper to match.

cashman 10-04-2014 10:42

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial.

Pretty accurate summary in my view.

JCB 10-04-2014 10:45

I like courtroom dramas such as Kavanagh Q.C. , Judge John Deed and Silk .

But the Pistorius trial has left me feeling very grateful that we don't have televised trials in the UK .

I just switch the news off when parts of the trial come on , just as I do when Mr Cameron comes on spouting away . ;)

DtheP47 10-04-2014 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by westendlass (Post 1101905)
Seems to me to be a spoiled little boy used to getting his own way with a large ego and temper to match.

Anyone who remembers or revisits his conduct way back when his blades were in question at the 2012 Paralympics arrives very quickly at that conclusion too westendlass.

westendlass 10-04-2014 11:13

He's been very emotional throughout the trial,sobbing, vomiting and howling, but I think it's all out of pity for the predicament he finds himself in. He comes across as a bully in court when details of his relationship with Reeva have come out. They were only together for a few months. I don't think her mother,who has sat stony faced in the courtroom, believes a word of his testimony.

Eric 10-04-2014 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by westendlass (Post 1101911)
I don't think her mother,who has sat stony faced in the courtroom, believes a word of his testimony.

Completely irrelevant ... it depends what the jury thinks. Nor does it matter that he seems to be an asshole ... that isn't a crime. If it were the streets would be empty and the jails would be full. And with a charge of this nature it all boils down to "reasonable doubt." Me, I just try to ignore the whole deal. I don't watch "reality" shows.:rolleyes: Well, maybe "Finding Bigfoot.":D

Greeny 10-04-2014 12:35

There is no jury at all at this trial, the decision is made by the female judge and two assistants ( one male, one female )
I would have loved to be in a fly on the wall.
I'm also following Nigel Evans case .
I have made my mind up on the later , but will the jury think the same???????

Eric 10-04-2014 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeny (Post 1101923)
There is no jury at all at this trial, the decision is made by the female judge and two assistants ( one male, one female )

Didn't realize that ... shows how closely I'm following the circus parade. Whenever I feel tempted to "convict" someone based on what appears in the media, I think of two words: "David Milgaard" ... and the temptation goes quietly away.

Michael1954 10-04-2014 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeny (Post 1101923)
I'm also following Nigel Evans case .
I have made my mind up on the later , but will the jury think the same???????

Have you heard all the evidence? The jury have, and he has been found not guilty.

Margaret Pilkington 10-04-2014 14:37

It is not a great idea to televise trials. It is so easy to get into the dangerous situation of trial by media.
I have not really paid much attention to the Oscar Pistorius trial. It holds very little interest for me.
As for Nigel Evans, his doings are his own business.....but it is right that he has been investigated. A jury has deliberated and they have made their decision after the due process of the law.

Eric 10-04-2014 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1101931)
the due process of the law.

... which is there to protect us all, and give us a fair shake. And wherever one is in the "civilized" world it's all quite similar ... and it's, basically anyway, English, all the way back to Henry Beauclerc; so, it's gotta be damn good:D ... not perfect, but what is in this sublunary world. Sure the guilty go free sometimes, and the innocent get punished; but that doesn't mean that the system, in general, is flawed ... people are.

cashman 10-04-2014 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1101934)
... Sure the guilty go free sometimes, and the innocent get punished; but that doesn't mean that the system, in general, is flawed ... people are.

You speak fer yerself.:D

Eric 10-04-2014 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1101935)
You speak fer yerself.:D

Nah ... me, I'm perfect ... like all bottom-enders:alright:

accyman 10-04-2014 17:57

im a bit behind on celebrity trials

hows O.J getting along ?

davebtelford 10-04-2014 18:14

If only Columbo had conducted the investigation Mr P. would have entered a guilty plea for sure.

PS. O J Simpson got away with murder but was convicted of serious offences connected "retrieving" memorabilia he believed was stolen from him. Hopefully he's still in jail.