Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rowlf
  • 1 Post By maxthecollie

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-07-2016, 15:19   #1
Senior Member+

Oswald House (Myrtle House)

My mother's carer texted me this morning to say that she had rang Myrtle House to ask for a home visit and was told the doctor would call at lunchtime. My mother is 90 in December and her pulse was very erratic, she thought her pacemaker was playing up and she felt very dizzy when she stood up. I waited for two hours with my mother no doc, so I rang the surgery and was told he had just finished surgery and was reviewing his home visits.The carer texted me at 14.40 to say that the doc had rang her to say he couldn't get in. he had gone to church and clayton to the wrong address and then said he had wasted an hours time and was going back to his surgery and would call at the end of his clinic after 6pm. So old people who are ill do not matter to him. In his opinion they can wait. Disgusting attitude for a health professional
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-07-2016, 14:11   #2
Full Member+

Re: Oswald House (Myrtle House)

That is totally unacceptable for anyone who is ill especially a 90year old. My parents both had heart problems and I found it better to ring for an ambulance than wait hours for the doctor. I hope your mum is much better now.
cashman likes this.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2016, 16:35   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
That is totally unacceptable for anyone who is ill especially a 90year old. My parents both had heart problems and I found it better to ring for an ambulance than wait hours for the doctor. I hope your mum is much better now.
Thank you for that. By the time the doctor turned up at 6.30 her pulse and blood pressure had settled down and the doctor said everything was ok. She is a retired S.R.N. who worked in the Casualty at Accy Vic so she knows if her pulse is slow.She would not want a doctor for nothing. In future I will ring 999
Bob Dobson likes this.
Old 16-07-2016, 20:38   #4
Full Member+

I am glad to hear she is much better and I hope she stays that way.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:52   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
I am glad to hear she is much better and I hope she stays that way.
Thank you, I have reported the doctor concerned to the NHS and have had a reply that they will look into it and keep me informed

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..