Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2007, 22:58   #1
God Member

Pakistan

So how do people feel about the current goings on on Pakistan? I fear some of the greater powers that be (US) could end up getting heavily involved if things get messy, they wouldn't want some crazy guy getting into power when the country has nuclear capabilities.
Old 10-11-2007, 23:10   #2
Resting in peace

Re: Pakistan

I wonder If our 'local' ex pats will be forming a malitia to go and help their less fotunate brothers?
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 23:54   #3

It would be nice if “we” sorted out the unholy mess that we partly instigated in the Mid East, firstly.

It would then be nice to see “ our country “ being top priority in the eyes of the government.

I don’t see the UK as being a major force either militarily nor economically these days in order for them to continue embarking on these missions to “troubleshoot “ worldwide issues.

There are enough problems on these shores for any government to deal with. If the yanks take exception to the goings on in Pakistan, let them get on with dealing with it. I for one am non too bothered.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:05   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

so long as we stay out of it, i couldn,t give a rats,is how i feel cyfr.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:18   #5

I think our new prime minister would be very reluctant to get involved milarerillay(sp?) in Pakistan, the knock-on effects from the millions of ex-pats over here could cause anarchy on our streets.
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:51   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
so long as we stay out of it, i couldn,t give a rats,is how i feel cyfr.
Would you care when a nuke is heading your way?
Old 11-11-2007, 11:07   #7
Give, give, give member

Nice to know Bush has pledged his support for a military dictator, in a country with a questionable human rights record.

General Musharraf isn't fighting for a democratic Pakistan, he's using this situation to hang on to power at any cost.

Three British journalists have been told to leave the country this weekend, after accusing Musharraf of "incompetence and brutality."

Democracy my ass.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:04   #8
Resting in peace

The point that disturbes me, is the fact that Pakistan and India both have neuclear capability, add that to the fact that they hate each others 'gut's' makes this a very dodgy situation. Intrvention by the major western powers would surely spark a major if not catastrophic consequences.
The best thing to do is to leave it to the diplomats to try to sort the melting pot out. 'It has just been announced that Musharraf has disolved the government and is about name the date for elections.'
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:18   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
I think our new prime minister would be very reluctant to get involved milarerillay(sp?) in Pakistan, the knock-on effects from the millions of ex-pats over here could cause anarchy on our streets.
We could just do what the Yanks did when they went to war with the Japanese

Japanese American internment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 11-11-2007, 14:56   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post
no not really as theres not a lot i can do about it,whoever sends one, did the London- Aldermaston, late 60s n sod alls changed, so why worry is my phylosophy now.
Old 11-11-2007, 16:10   #11
God Member

I dont have an opinion on things like these, except that I doubt we are going to get nuked any time soon. I think we should just keep our nose out of this one.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 16:25   #12
God Member

General Musharraf looked worried, hesitant and confused in a tv press conference today - I think he realises he is on his way out

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 16:29   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post
We have been down this road many times, why worry about nuclear bombs? If they sent one which really can't see happening we are all doomed so no point worrying that it might happen IMO.
Old 11-11-2007, 20:47   #14
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
We have been down this road many times, why worry about nuclear bombs? If they sent one which really can't see happening we are all doomed so no point worrying that it might happen IMO.
If it came to silly beggers letting these things go and no doubt there are some in power here with similar attitudes, to end life in an instant flash of searing hot light would be a blessing compared with being on the fringes and suffering a long and lingering death from the fall out.

(I'm safe I've got my rose coloured glasses on)
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..