Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-05-2013, 14:07   #61
Senior Member+

Re: police speed checks m65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Maybe he was and was having a little fun flipping him over
All these years I`ve been blaming myself and it was all him. Oh well, no harm done really, apart from losing my no claims.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-05-2013, 15:21   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
A couple of months back I was doing well over 90mph on the M65 at about 4.30am on my way home from nights. I was in full auto pilot mode and didn't notice a car catching me up. He pulled level with me and that was when I spotted he was a police car. He waved with a slow down type wave then he put his foot down and sped off
i once got pulled over on the M65

the copper said he had been waiting all day to catch somone like me

i said i know thats why i was driving so fast i wanted to get there as soon as i could

NAH i didnt but one day i will get to use that one

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2013, 17:09   #63
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Was about level with road when I landed on it. Went too fast round the bend, caught the kerb, car flipped over, wnet through a wall and landed on the barn roof. Novemberish 1990. One hell of a white knuckle ride.
The incident I refer too was in the late seventies and it was a sunny June day
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2013, 17:54   #64
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i once got pulled over on the M65

the copper said he had been waiting all day to catch somone like me

i said i know thats why i was driving so fast i wanted to get there as soon as i could

NAH i didnt but one day i will get to use that one
I was pulled over on the M65 almost 20 years ago and on the M6 a couple of years ago.

I have been chased by the Police dog van but got away only to be pulled over by another Police car when I was about 50 yards from home. He just finished telling me that even though it was 3am and the roads were empty I should slow down when the dog van turned up
Old 17-05-2013, 18:16   #65
God Member

iv had police dogs set on me when i was younger.I was a pretty fast runner back then but the dog still won.It didnt grab me because i stopped running when i realised i wasnt going to win that particular race but im pretty sure i woulda got a bite if i hadnt stopped lol.

turned out the police wernt after me i just heard the policeman shout stop and with my then relationship with accys finest i thought sod this lark and legged it lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 17-05-2013, 18:24   #66
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
this seems to suggest otherwise...
Gabriel is an over inflated blimp, lots of noise but little substance & as for the greens ................ The motoring industry in Germany (Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, VW, to name a few) carry a fair bit of clout so there's not going to be change anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Seem to remember a pretty strict max/min limit on one particular section of Autobahn - lovely sightseeing on the road to Berlin - all the T34s etc with brewer's droop
Aye Barrie, the A10, Berlin corridor, checkpoint Bravo/Charlie, us watching you, watching us, happy days.
Old 17-05-2013, 20:33   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The incident I refer too was in the late seventies and it was a sunny June day
Must be an accident black spot then, need to put some speed humps there to slow down the numpties who go to fast.
Old 18-05-2013, 09:09   #68

Sorry no sympathy for anybody caught speeding (and I was last year) if ya going from a 40 to a 30 ya should be doing 30 as ya pass the 30mph sign simple as !!!!!!!!!! as for raising the speed limit on the motorway just because modern cars are much better is tosh cos ya raise it to 80mph the idiots do 90 mph, plus drivers these days have many more distractions i.e radio,sat nav oh and the favorite of all the mobile. was walking up Henry street yesterday at about 4pm traffic was stationary heading towards Ossy young lass anchored on just before chippy then traffic pulled away an she just sat there came past me eventually and guess what, yep she was texting and continued to do so as she turned into Tanpits.
BERNADETTE and Studio25 like this.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 09:09   #69
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Must be an accident black spot then, need to put some speed humps there to slow down the numpties who go to fast.
The coach and horses was my watering hole back in the late 70s the number of accidents near those bends was incredible, the police were always spoiling our after time sessions Think the worst one I ever saw was a motor bike accident on the Haslingden side, the road was still one way when we were going home, the rider had been decapitated, what's more the poor guy was a neighbor of the wife's mother
Old 18-05-2013, 11:22   #70
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Think the worst one I ever saw was a motor bike accident on the Haslingden side, the road was still one way when we were going home, the rider had been decapitated, what's more the poor guy was a neighbor of the wife's mother
I was told a story like that several times when I was younger, trying to put me off getting a bike I think. If it`s the same one, he lived near us also, around Queens Road West area, and from the way he died, he had a rather ironic surname.
Old 18-05-2013, 12:36   #71
God Member

Quote:
I was told a story like that several times when I was younger, trying to put me off getting a bike I think. If it`s the same one, he lived near us also, around Queens Road West area, and from the way he died, he had a rather ironic surname.
there used to be a corner shop on westwood street opposite saint mary mags church and wether this is true or not i dont know but legend or whatever says that a motorcyclist lost control and went through the window.Apparantly he lost his head which landed in the bit wher eyou put your basket when paying for your stuff.

i do remember the window been boarded up and the street been cordened off but as for teh accident i would have only been about 10 or 11 so it may just have been kids assuming or telling tales as to what happened

Old 18-05-2013, 14:53   #72
Resting in Peace

Quote:
This guy came from Helmshore Mr G.
Old 18-05-2013, 15:40   #73
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
Sorry no sympathy for anybody caught speeding

no ones asking for sympathy just common sense from coppers and a bit of leeway,hell even a little less sneakyness as well

i forget which council did this but one removed all speed cameras and dosnt have mobile cameras either in a deal with drivers that if teh accident rate didnt go higher they would stay gone.Accident reports fell probbably because folk wernt slamming on when seeing a mobile camera unit or watching the road instea dof tehir speedo

Old 18-05-2013, 16:33   #74
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i forget which council did this but one removed all speed cameras and dosnt have mobile camerasa
Swindon, although the police mobile units still operate.

Swindon has UK?s safest roads after SCRAPPING speed cameras - Yahoo! Cars
Old 18-05-2013, 18:14   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Swindon, although the police mobile units still operate.

Swindon has UK?s safest roads after SCRAPPING speed cameras - Yahoo! Cars

what about them scumbags that arnt coppers that sit in yellow vans pointing them not acurate speed guns at people?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..