Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Are you happy for your child to be vaccinated
Yes of corse its safe 2 20.00%
No its not been tested good enough 8 80.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2009, 15:42   #16
Beacon of light

Re: Possible that the kids will be first testers of Swine Flu Vaccine

yes, their view is valid to them, and they have reasoned out their decision in their own minds.....lots of people will not make an informed choice, they will just follow the herd.

I am not panicked by someone elses opinion, because I can think rationally, and decide for myself......I think we should credit people with enough intelligence to do this, unless of course their actions prove that they are incapable of this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-08-2009, 15:44   #17
Beacon of light

Less, where is this safer haven?...and how much money do you need to have to get in.
Lots of people would love to move to somewhere that they deem is better, but the practicalities of life get in the way.....jobs schooling money, etc......moving soewhere else isn't an option for most of us.....or we would be gone!
Old 07-08-2009, 16:04   #18
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Less, where is this safer haven?...and how much money do you need to have to get in.
Lots of people would love to move to somewhere that they deem is better, but the practicalities of life get in the way.....jobs schooling money, etc......moving soewhere else isn't an option for most of us.....or we would be gone!
No, it isn't an option for most of us, but, most of us aren't always telling the rest of us how unsafe this Country, it's Government and our methods are.

If this Country and it's wayss are as bad as they try to project surely it should be a priority for them to find a safer Haven, then they and we, will all sleep easier in our beds without all these tales of woe.

It's not that they always tell lies but, my God, they know how to distort the truth!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 16:12   #19
God Member

If you believe that the general public are always told the truth by their governments, then join the queue for vaccination - and I will donate you my dose - have double do

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 16:32   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I really don't believe that anybody would think the powers that be are so callous as to administer something that has not been passed as safe to the children. For goodness sakes get a life instead of scaremongering
When we are talking about corperations making ALOT of money anything is possible.

Scaremongering, I hope you dont read / watch the news then. All I have quoted is what is on news agency websites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
You think this Government to be a threat to you and your offspring, so don't stay here, leave those of us that live in our fantasy world that nothing ever goes wrong, stop trying to frighten us, we aren't interested, go where you feel safe and let us live our lives under this establishment.
Who is this US you keep referring to? are you a spokesman for many?

Quote:
Nor does it give them the right to panic others, their view is valid to them, why should they think they need to smear it across the lives of those of us that don't agree with them, or those that are unsure?

The fantastic is easy to demonstrate and they always look for the worst case scenario, if our Government is that bad then they should move to a safer haven, perhaps they could give me an example of an alternative world/land that would tolerate their thoughts and outbursts better than where they are?
My aim is not to panic but to show the information that is out there, people need to make there OWN desissions.

I would love to be able to move to a safe haven and I would love to become a fully fledged FREEMAN of the land, my position does not allow that though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
yes, their view is valid to them, and they have reasoned out their decision in their own minds.....lots of people will not make an informed choice, they will just follow the herd.

I am not panicked by someone elses opinion, because I can think rationally, and decide for myself......I think we should credit people with enough intelligence to do this, unless of course their actions prove that they are incapable of this.
Exactly.

Quote:
No, it isn't an option for most of us, but, most of us aren't always telling the rest of us how unsafe this Country, it's Government and our methods are.

If this Country and it's wayss are as bad as they try to project surely it should be a priority for them to find a safer Haven, then they and we, will all sleep easier in our beds without all these tales of woe.

It's not that they always tell lies but, my God, they know how to distort the truth!
I see many threds on hear saying how bad the goverment is. why is this one any different.

All I have shown in this thred is information that is out there, most people will not be bothered to look for themselves and if I manage to make ONE person think about it then all's good.

I didnt know Accy Web had a rule as to what is posted, however you do seem to follow me around and try to belittle nearly every thing I post, what would you like me to post about.

I mean look at my signature it says it all.

And MargaretR I have much respect for, she has answered/helped me with questions in the past and we have shared information, is this a bad thing?
I would class her as a friend on here.
Old 07-08-2009, 16:46   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post

Who is this US you keep referring to? are you a spokesman for many?

'Us', is the rest of the people in this Universe, not the parallel distorted thing you inhabit.
Now, go play in the road I'm sure you've found a website that say's buses can't harm you.
Old 07-08-2009, 16:53   #22
God Member

Quote:
'Us', is the rest of the people in this Universe, not the parallel distorted thing you inhabit.
Now, go play in the road I'm sure you've found a website that say's buses can't harm you.
You only represent Boloxnia, and can only claim to be an expert on the price of beer in the Railway

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 17:12   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
You only represent Boloxnia, and can only claim to be an expert on the price of beer in the Railway
No Margaret, I know Boloxnia doesn't exist, you however (and your friend) don't seem to know what Planet you are on.

P.S. I am also an expert on the price of beer in the Last orders, Broadway & Boars Head.

P.P.S. Try another doom and gloom thread, this one is getting a bit tatty.
Old 07-08-2009, 17:31   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
If you believe that the general public are always told the truth by their governments, then join the queue for vaccination - and I will donate you my dose - have double do
And the general public don't always tell the truth to their govts. ..... prime example, my income tax returns And my customs declarations at the border ....
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 17:40   #25
God Member

i can understand people saying stop scaremongering and would teh govenment really give somthing unsafe to kids but lets not forget the many children born deformed because teh govenment gave doctors teh OK to give philodomide or whatever it was or however you spell it to pregnant women

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 17:49   #26
Beacon of light

accyman, scientists are humans and humans sometimes get it wrong......and when they get it wrong it is the little man that suffers.

All medications have adverse side effects. Oh the packaging may tell you that only 1% of the population are affected, but if you are that 1%, you(or your child) is 100% affected.
The drug companies who make the vaccines have a vested interest in declaring the H1N1 a pandemic.......many government officials will make money out of ensuring that the majority of the population are vaccinated.......I'm sure that I read somewhere that Barack Obama has shares in the company that manufacters the anti-viral agents....now in my book that is a conflict of interest.
Old 07-08-2009, 17:52   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i can understand people saying stop scaremongering and would teh govenment really give somthing unsafe to kids but lets not forget the many children born deformed because teh govenment gave doctors teh OK to give philodomide or whatever it was or however you spell it to pregnant women
Big difference between a mistake, as grave a mistake as it was and accusing them of deliberately using children as Guinea Pigs, isn't it?
Old 07-08-2009, 17:56   #28
God Member

Quote:
Big difference between a mistake, as grave a mistake as it was and accusing them of deliberately using children as Guinea Pigs, isn't it?
Unless they are being advised by Mengele
Old 07-08-2009, 18:10   #29
Beacon of light

[quote=Less;734228]I believe it is quite right, most of the government is my age, I don't want to be a Guinea Pig, use the 5 to 16 year olds it's all they deserve!

Less, I have looked through the Guardian report and can find in it no reference to children being used as guinea pigs for this vaccine......however it is reported that Baxter will not have the vaccine ready until the end of this month....this implies that it is as yet untested,
Glaxo-Smith-Kline report that they will not have the vaccine ready until later in September and they admit that the vaccine is yet untested......so for the government to say that they propose to vaccinate this section of the population is premature to say the least.
Andy Burnham and Liam Donaldson(CMoH) are plainly mad to be thinking that they can vaccinate children in October when both companies who are producing the stuff say it is not ready AND it is untested.
Old 07-08-2009, 20:33   #30
God Member

Quote:
Nor does it give them the right to panic others, their view is valid to them, why should they think they need to smear it across the lives of those of us that don't agree with them, or those that are unsure?

The fantastic is easy to demonstrate and they always look for the worst case scenario, if our Government is that bad then they should move to a safer haven, perhaps they could give me an example of an alternative world/land that would tolerate their thoughts and outbursts better than where they are?
Mmmmm .... Canada comes to mind ....

By the early fall, the Federal Govt. will have assembled about 50 million doses of swine flu vaccine for use by those Canadians who want the drug ... there won't be any force used to make Canadians take it ... and over here, the administration of health care is the responsibility of the various provinces and territories, and perhaps, in some cases, individual First Nations; so, there will be no universal action on the part of the central govt.. But I fully agree with you that it is scaremongering, and the actions of an irresponsible media that have blown this so called Pandemic all out of proportion .... if there is any force being applied to make people take the vaccine, it is this force of fear, intensified by disinformation and looney toone, off the wall theories.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..