Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-03-2009, 14:10   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Price of alcohol

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
who,s pinched my last post? SPOOKEY GOINGS ON...

are you sure you posted? Have you been drinking ?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-03-2009, 16:17   #17
white rabbits

I could do with a drink... its been a funny day,,,i must have lost the plot with looking at Margarets flea,,,,,
Old 15-03-2009, 16:22   #18
Senior Member+

Taxation on alcohol served in a public house should be reduced and content % taken into consideration. Like Sweden. Alcohol to take away should have taxation increased substantially.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2009, 16:33   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
Taxation on alcohol served in a public house should be reduced and content % taken into consideration. Like Sweden. Alcohol to take away should have taxation increased substantially.
Pick on the Methodists again

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2009, 16:51   #20
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Price of alcohol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Well as they say were there's a will there's a..........

Relative
You missed an opportunity there.

You should have written “Well as they say were there's a still there's a..........
Old 15-03-2009, 17:02   #21
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Price of alcohol

For more years than I have inhabited this planet the majority have always been punished for the antics of the minority.

It’s been like that since your school days, maybe not so much today but in years gone by when the whole class was punished until the miscreant owned up or was grassed up.

Heck we even have a government that is in office due to a minority of the population vote.

Personally I don’t care what they do about alcohol – I don’t use it. In fact it could be argued that it is payback time for all those bigoted none-smoking drinkers who joined the “ban smoking in pubs” campaign.
Old 15-03-2009, 18:29   #22
JFT96

Strange this, if this had been a idea from the opposition, you know the ones everyone hates, we would have had no end of words like: scum, Bast**ds, Thatcher to blame' etc. However because it is the great party's idea well its okay then.
Glad I don't drink that much

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2009, 18:43   #23
God Member

The elected government haven't thought this one up
It is the latest proposed 'health improvement' campaign that this non-elected interfering/nannying nincompoop has decided is good for us
Professor Sir Liam Donaldson MSc

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2009, 19:16   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
who,s pinched my last post? SPOOKEY GOINGS ON...
Gone for bottling as 'Dingle Water' on the shelves next week.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2009, 19:51   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
put and advert outside your local mosque for a delivery driver

muslims dont drink and your product will be safe
Now are you sure about that? Seen em drinking and gambling so maybe it aint a good idea.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2009, 19:52   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Plan B is in operation,we are all going into the Home Brew market just as soon as Less's potatoes are in season.
Should bring the cost down quite considerably.Add to that the wine from the knock of grapes and the vodka still in the cellar I reckon we could start a new black market to rival the others the government have forced upon us.

PS The tobacco plantation is coming on a treat.
Cant have the moonshine but the baccy count me in.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 15-03-2009, 20:03   #27
God Member

Quote:
I am sorry Graham but your response to the subject gives me the impression that it has been on the agenda for some time.
If this is implemented I think it will be the last nail in the coffin for this government, not by the yobs who abuse the law but by people who enjoy a drink in the privacy of their own home.....comes across as a mini prohibition and should be avoided at all costs......the same guy was responsible for the smoking ban.....whats next?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2009, 20:06   #28
God Member

Thing is is there anything left that they can tax to pay for all the dosh they gave the banks?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 16-03-2009, 03:56   #29
God Member

just hope the NHS has enough funds rat-holed away to treat all the folks who will be coming in for treatment for alcohol blindness/poisoning from drinking bootleg/home made booze , are these cretins in the Govt. hell bent into turning the UK into a third world country .....I can remember living in Africa years ago when villagers would "try' to brew thier own booze , (often including items like car batteries and dead snakes ). No matter what anyone says , the increase in the price of alcohol will lead to a rise in the production of moonshine/siddique/ rot-gut .

just an opinion
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 07:34   #30
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Instead of pricing by alcohol content, what about limiting the alcohol content of beer? Would that not have the same effect without costing us more money?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..