Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-01-2009, 21:30   #31
Caz
God Member

Re: Protest against foreign workers

Yep, they should be made to do some sort of work for their benefits, what ever it is, be it created specially for that purpose or not. Even if it is cleaning their croneys crap up off broadway, or working for an organisation that is desparately in need of voluntary help. I have no problems with the work for benefits ethic at all.

As for job agencies...don't get me started. Why firms can't employ their own people is beyond me. At least if they saw their prospective employees face to face, they would have an idea of what they were getting. Then they wouldn't have to constantly rehire due to crap decisions by the agencies.

As for boycotting Express, the choice is yours, but working there, and ordering from them, faulty and broken goods...takes ages to get your money back...

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-01-2009, 21:55   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
Sometimes I think the job centre have more interest in offering jobs to people who are signing on
The jobcentre don't offer anybody jobs anymore. It's all DIY. Jobcentres are now administration offices for benefits where they have computer screens to look at jobs available and you need a very strong nose to stay in the building for more than 2 minutes.
Old 29-01-2009, 21:59   #33
Senior Member+

they are having a crack down i think and trying to get people back into work... i got a letter from them to go for a work based interview next month.. i called them and said that i was heavily pregnant and was told that i could put the interview off until my baby is 6 weeks old.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2009, 22:04   #34
Caz
God Member

Yep agreed. But Ive sat in there, with people I know are career benefit claimants. Have heard them being offered options of jobs which you just know they are not going to keep, even if they get them. Surely they must be able to suss out these people by now and offer them work for benefits, with the option of losing such if they don't do it, and leave proper jobs for people who really want them and are willing to commit.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 29-01-2009, 22:05   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
Nope, its the governments responsibility (Morally). By acknowledging any other authority we merely allow them to avoid their responsibilities
moralise all ya want, face fact it is not the governments responsibilty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Not true, it's not the government's responsibility because they willingly handed over that responsibility, along with many other responsibilities to an undemocratic quango in Brussels/Strasbourg long ago. You can protest all you want to Parliament but they won't do a thing about it, because they CAN'T do a thing about it. For better or for worse, citizens have complete freedom of movement in the EU.
Parliment protest is all there is I.M.H.O. if enough people converged on em, worldwide coverage would ensue, its the only option/chance i can see of any possible attempt to discard the treaty. enough people n any party in power would have to get off the pot.
Old 29-01-2009, 22:17   #36
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
they are having a crack down i think and trying to get people back into work... i got a letter from them to go for a work based interview next month.. i called them and said that i was heavily pregnant and was told that i could put the interview off until my baby is 6 weeks old.
Absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. The local offices must surely know who the real shirkers are. Would make more sense chasing up these rather than forcing single parents with babies to get a job. Granted some of these may also be people determined to use the system, but the majority aren't.

On the one hand the government is telling us how to bring up our kids, saying family is all important, and the next they are telling them get a job and put your baby into paid supervision. It's ok if you want to go back to work and have the care in place, but forcing the issue is not right as far as I can see.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 29-01-2009, 22:21   #37
God Member

Quote:

It's just a paper exercise to meet targets.
Old 29-01-2009, 22:28   #38
Senior Member+

so i wont be sent out into the paddy fields with my baby strapped to my back?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 29-01-2009, 22:36   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
so i wont be sent out into the paddy fields with my baby strapped to my back?
only to Kerry.
Old 29-01-2009, 22:38   #40
Senior Member+

that would be perfect

the only thing thats stopped me from being there is the recession

Old 29-01-2009, 22:57   #41
Give, give, give member

Does this mean the Royal family will have to go back to their various homelands on mainland Europe?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2009, 22:59   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Does this mean the Royal family will have to go back to their various homelands on mainland Europe?
sooner the better.
Old 29-01-2009, 23:00   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
sooner the better.
yeah send em back

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2009, 23:04   #44
God Member

I know that this must sound like a stupid question, but why can't the UK opt out of the EU?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2009, 23:07   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I know that this must sound like a stupid question, but why can't the UK opt out of the EU?
if it was put to referendum Eric, it probably would, then again the dingles might win the champions league.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..