Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2009, 19:55   #151
God Member

Re: Protest against foreign workers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
that doesnt help the british workers and their families in this country
That may be so but are trhe Italians doing the same? The point is that British workers are all over Europe and vice versa. Untill we can haul ass out of the EU we will see it time and time again. It is not the first that was Commonwealth citizens comming over after the war nor will it be the last.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-02-2009, 21:19   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Perhaps if people click on your profile, and read through your posts, then they will see that the vast majority of your posts make some reference to Muslims, including your 'joke' that you were part Pakistani.

The evidence is there for all to see.

Your a one trick pony, or at the very least obsessed with the subject.
You are still going on about my joke,that was last year,I think you are obsessed with my posts and joke.
I have always thought that you were female from your replies to posts but just been informed that you are male.When ever your name Garinda comes up in future posts from now on I will always think of you as Noris or is it Doris in Coronation street because knowing now that you are male convinces that you are a real big girls blouse.P.S the dress in your picture profile would look lovely on my Granny
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 21:28   #153

Quote:
Oh fabulous, I love charades.

A film?

Three words?

Dumb and Dumber?

Good.

I win.

My turn.
I think Doris or is it Garinda would look fabulous wearing that fancy dress
in his profile playing the game charades.
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 22:07   #154
Give, give, give member

If you'd have more than a modicum of intelligence you'd have seen my gender has been displayed openly for the five years that I've been a member.

Unsuprisingly I gleamed you were a closet racist, and baisically a bit of a thicko, without the need to check your profile.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 22:10   #155
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordie View Post
I think Doris or is it Garinda would look fabulous wearing that fancy dress
in his profile playing the game charades.
The avatar is actually the Infant Jesus of Prague.

Quite famous actually.

I'm sure one of your friends in an Irish Mosque will explain who Jesus is.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 09:12   #156
Resting in Peace

Quote:
If you'd have more than a modicum of intelligence you'd have seen my gender has been displayed openly for the five years that I've been a member.

Unsuprisingly I gleamed you were a closet racist, and baisically a bit of a thicko, without the need to check your profile.
You only have to look at his avatar, Rindi, to see he portrays what comes out in abundance from its backside
Old 20-02-2009, 19:56   #157
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

If anyone needs a t-shirt for work or whatever I recommend this from ebay, it's good quality and it gets the point across to any job stealing eastern europeans that you may encounter during your day.
Click Here

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 20:42   #158
God Member

Maybe you guys should go it on your own ... not in the sense of isolationism, which I don't think would work for Britain; but in the sense of looking at markets, or commercial alliances, other than Europe. We manage ok, even with NAFTA, which is a localised free trade arrangement without the political bull crap that seems to go along with the European Union .... we have great access to one of the best markets in the world in the US, and the poliitical freedom to plot our own course in the world. At the same time as we have been active in the North American market, we have also been expanding our economic ties with the Pacific Rim ... In fact, we are a Pacific Rim country, with a major Pacific port in Vancouver. Some of NAFTA sucks; but we are negotiating continually, and from a position of strength, given our immense natural resources. Membership in NAFTA doesn't preclude a fiercely independent foreign policy ... we didn't do the Iraq thing; however, (that still didn't stop President Obama making Ottawa his first overseas visit) but we are heavily involved in Afghanistan ... in fact, as President Obama pointed out in Ottawa yesterday, Afghanistan is the biggest recipient of Canadian foreign aid .... if you want to change the direction you are going in, maybe you should do a 180 and look west instead of east. And as the world is round (well, an oblate spheroid) if you go west, you can reach the developing economies of China and India. I don't think the EU is a good idea, if for no other reason that you can't trust the French, or the Germans for that matter. (The conflict between the French and the English has been going on for ... let me see, let's put it in the reign of King John, all the way down to the Entente Cordiale that dragged us into the First World War ... wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw the Rockies .....)

Is it clouded thinking to suggest that you have more in common with the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and India than you have with the new Europe? .... What is stopping the British govt. from at least exploring different options ... ? Is Brown going to get detention, or 1000 lines for thinking of alternative economic and political arrangements? I don't be bloody well thinking so. Let's look at a microcosm ... let's call it Afghanistan ... who the hell is doing the fighting and dying and rebuilding there ... sure as hell isn't the French or the Germans or any other EU countries I can think of ... It's Americans, British, and Canadians ... The world is a lot smaller than it used to be; so, in terms of alliances and economic agreements distance is no longer an issue.

Whatever ... it's your choice if you wish to make it.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 21:49   #159
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
If anyone needs a t-shirt for work or whatever I recommend this from ebay, it's good quality and it gets the point across to any job stealing eastern europeans that you may encounter during your day.
Click Here
Nice T shirt but what country are they made in ...China?

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really

Last edited by Benipete; 20-02-2009 at 21:53.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 19:48   #160
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Up yours Mr Gordon Brown with your statement "British jobs for British workers", utter crap. According to this link non British now hold 13% of jobs in the UK, to me anything more than 1% is too many.
Click Here

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 20:00   #161
God Member

Quote:

Quite famous actually.

I'm sure he never dressed up as Golly?
Quite famous actually.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 20:07   #162
God Member

Quote:

Quite famous actually.

Irish Mosque???? Didnt think there was any in Ireland, mosques that is. Could this be the reason we have all these forign priests here?

I like the avatar anyway. Besides if the big dudes boy can be a darker shade in some countries along with his ma then why knock the avatar?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 24-02-2009, 21:14   #163
God Member

Latest figures reported today show that more Polish and other European workers are leaving Britian than are arriving... looks like good news, but on the other hand goes to show this recession is going to get deep!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 21:18   #164
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Latest figures reported today show that more Polish and other European workers are leaving Britian than are arriving... looks like good news, but on the other hand goes to show this recession is going to get deep!
This may be true but will they return when things improve or will there be something in place to stop it happening again?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 24-02-2009, 23:20   #165
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
This may be true but will they return when things improve or will there be something in place to stop it happening again?
Stop what happening? - or do you mean stop other Europeans doing what the British won't do.
And before you reach for the red button the jobs they do are not suitable for the average British household.They are for young single/just married kids that can live rough for a while and save a few bob to better themselves.

I don't want to live in a caravan with a load of fellow workers to pick fruit and veg or indeed live 7 to a house in order to keep Express Gifts going and I think I am not on my own in this opinion.

The employment of none European workers has I believe stopped but even this has It's drawbacks.
Rightly or Wrongly Europeans have the right to work here.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..