Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2009, 09:49   #76
Resting in Peace

Re: Protest against foreign workers

I think the main problem is that Gordon Brown made the statement at the Labour Party Conference in 2007 "British Jobs for British workers", a promise he couldn't keep, under European employment rules
Old 01-02-2009, 11:47   #77
God Member

At the end of the day, if staff in a workplace take a secret ballot and decide to strike, the impact would make the company concerned sit up and take notice, whether or not it is illegal is irrelevant. So long as ALL the workforce agree, and walk out of the door together, there would be very little a company could do except listen, and react to the workforce strike, if this happened though, chances are, like the government, they havnt been listening!
Old 01-02-2009, 12:41   #78
God Member

The govenment will not listen because they cant be bothered. They know that any refinery aggro can backfire at the workers not thembe some kind of action like the late 70's mid 80's will make these slouchers sit up. They are fine n dandy in their own little world with a nice salery pension perks and in some cases lucrative jobs when they leave the chamber. Unless there is a direct threat there will be no action. I am not saying that all MP's are all the same but it seems that way. Sod the middle east sort out the mess at home first before the rebellion becomes like the miners strike.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 13:15   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Not long I hope dave, but of course our hands are tied by Europe, good old Tony made sure of that
Good old Tony made sure of that. How can you seriously blame Tony Blair
you idiot
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 13:18   #80
God Member

Joining the European Union has turned out to have implications that were not envisaged at the time we joined.
This recession may well start a movement to get us out.
I do not know whether it is feasible, but right now I feel it is desirable

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 13:36   #81
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Joining the European Union has turned out to have implications that were not envisaged at the time we joined.

May be feasible but as they are trying to force the ammended Lisbon Treaty on us I would rate the chance as greater than finding life on Jupiter. Its a sad state of affairs when the economy of an individual country cannot be healed because a bunch of europrats have us locked up with such stupid ideas controls and laws. Wedont like whats happening but as the Commen Market evolved we have become trapped. The workers may want to force change but the tangled mess that is EU law favours those that dont. ITs very unequal, partisan, dictorial and as flexible as Mount Everest.

Wounder if when the BENELUX countries started this idea out many moons ago the envisaged this would be the outcome? In 50 years they have made a complete disaster for many but a boon for others the French. They laid the foundation and it has grown out of control and to me is now just a cancerous grow slowly killing this country. Sadly though we have no surgeon with enough balls to say enough is enough and cut it from us.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 01-02-2009, 21:28   #82
God Member

he is rumbling some words,[mr brown]will we see some action????????
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 21:36   #83
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
the thing is we will probably be in the euro in 2 years as the pound crashes and we dont need to devalue it to join..or could we negotiate somewhere along the line???????????
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:56   #84
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordie View Post
Good old Tony made sure of that. How can you seriously blame Tony Blair
you idiot
Because he's the one, aided and abetted by Gordon that got us so embedded in Europe for his own ends and not the benefit of GB plc, clown
Old 02-02-2009, 09:15   #85
Resting in Peace

From what I remember we went into Europe purely for trade reasons.
Both parties have dragged us further in in an attempt to get on the European Gravy Train.

Why screw 60 million when you can screw 600 million?

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:20   #86
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
From what I remember we went into Europe purely for trade reasons.
Both parties have dragged us further in in an attempt to get on the European Gravy Train.

Why screw 60 million when you can screw 600 million?
The concept of the Common Market was good, but a Federal States of Europe, no thank you
Old 02-02-2009, 09:41   #87
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The concept of the Common Market was good, but a Federal States of Europe, no thank you
I agree but that's the way we are heading unfortunately.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 16:22   #88
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
I agree but that's the way we are heading unfortunately.
And we were promised a referendum weren't we
Old 02-02-2009, 18:01   #89
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
he is rumbling some words,[mr brown]will we see some action????????
The only action will be to try and reduce his waist line by a few sizes He anit got a clue what to do and if he did he aint got the nads to follow it through!!!

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 18:15   #90
Senior Member+

these protests are like bolting the stable door after the horse has shot...

too little too late - end of the day it comes down to capitalism. its down to money who's gonna save you more and who's gonna make you more. as romantic as it would be for manchester united to play with 11 english men cause they're an "english" club it wont happen as man u owners wanna make a profit so they'll sign who they need to make them the most money for the best value.

its the same for total - they wanna make the most money for the least amount spent, just as every other company in the world wants to.

there was a pic on the net saying army people just remember, your weapons and vests were made by the company who successfully made them the cheapest way possible.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..