Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2004, 23:00   #1
Always EVIL within us

Angry Recent Court Cases.

Two court cases hit the headlines this week.
The first was a case of an 18 year old man bedding a 12 year old girl. The man was given a 2 year conditional discharge "because," said the Judge, "she was a willing participant" It was also reported in the paper that previously, the same judge had spared another man from jail after assaulting an 8 year old..........
The second case was more local (Accrington) where a 14 year old schoolboy was sexually molested IN PUBLIC! by a 42 year old pervert.
Quotes from the LADY judge, "The case was serious and unpleasant, and the attack must have been frightening and humiliating for the adolescent victim" also, "His conduct was particularly worrying because it had taken place in public in full view of a witness and demonstrated his inability to control himself" She also said that he had a background of similar offences in '89 and '91.
To sum up, there is this 42 year old pervert who has previous convictions, can't control himself and has probably given a young lad nightmares for the rest of his life.

Last comment from Judge Barbara Watson, "His behaviour had been particularly worrying BUT A NON CUSTODIAL SENTENCE WAS THE BEST WAY OF PROTECTING THE PUBLIC"

It makes you wonder WHO should be in jail at times, the offender.....or the Judge!
Busman747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-09-2004, 09:57   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Recent Court Cases.

How can the public be protected by him not being sent to jail? Surely the opposite would be true?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 13:37   #3

No,in this PC world the offender is King,they are misunderstood, they have had a terrible childhood, they came from a one parent family,they have no control,they are addicted to drugs/alcohol.................

Yes society will care for them,lavish expensive supervision/protection, re house them even give them new identities and then reap the reward when he or she re-offends.The victim will be a footnote in the wringing of hands of the caring society.
Another offender will have slipped through the net!
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 15:42   #4
God Member

Dont know about the first case.. not heard of it.. But I read with complete amazement in the observer about the second case. It really does begger belief... He will be sent to prison for sure if he does it again ?... well excuse me but... TOO LATE! and it even stated he had a history of doing this.. therefore isn't this "doing it again"?

Tell you what... Put your rubbish in the wrong bin bag and your in big trouble... sexualy attack kids and your looked after... ...sigh

If it was one of my kids he did it to then I can assure you prison would be the safest place for him... Shove your violence never solves anything where the sun don't shine..

Read it hours ago... Still absoloutly disgusted... What about protecting our children... doesn't that come into it?

I better stop now..........
Old 10-09-2004, 15:48   #5
Accrington Web Mascot

Why do they always come up with excuses for their behaviour - there are plenty of people that have similar backgrounds and grow up to be normal, so although, it can obviously effect people it shouldn't be used as an excuse for criminal behaviour and they should be punished for it.
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 16:08   #6
Always EVIL within us

Kipax, I can feel your anger which I share totally. Anger for the pervert and also for that judge who probably gets more per annum in expenses than I earn. Judges should be highly qualified, intelligent and capable of using common sense. They should also be held responsible for every decision they make and their actions should be scrutinised regularly. I am surprised that the local paper did not make more of an issue of this case and its a shame that the national rags haven't picked up on it.
Everyone should spare a thought for the poor lad and his family, knowing that they could run into this pervert on the streets of Accrington at any time!
Busman747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 16:30   #7
Senior Member+

I am sure the Family would love to "run into" this pervert on the street's of Accrington... And If they miss I will be close behind and get him for sure.... and then deliver his carcass to the judges front room ...

Make his Identity public Knowledge and he will never be allowed to relax..
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 16:45   #8
Resident Waffler

I'd like to know who he is, if only to make sure he doesn't come into contact with my kids.

Funnily enough if you were convicted of putting your rubbish in the wrong bin bag you'd probably be named in the paper for all to see.

Old 10-09-2004, 17:43   #9
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I totally agree that this pervert should be imprisoned (or castrated). Sadly there are plenty of these people around, several in the Hyndburn area that I am aware of.

The first case also disturbs me. How can a 12 year old child give consent to sex. I ponder this every time one of these girls is unfortunate enough to end up on the delivery suite. I know that kids are more cluey now, but as far as I'm aware the age of consent in this country is still 16. Did this judge order tests to check 'Gillick competence,' who brought forward the complaint (I would assume it was the girl's parents) Does a 12 year old really fully understand what sex entails emotionally and physically? Does a 12 year old have any idea how to protect herself from pregnancy and STI's and where to get that protection from? If she doesn't understand about these things how can she be classed as competent to make the decision to willingly have sex?

Just a few general wonderings on my part there.....

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 18:04   #10
Resident Waffler

I totally agree with you lettie. As a parent of a 13 year old girl I know she is not mature enough to make any such decision for herself and I would be horrified to think that she could.

I've just read the article in the paper and notice that they do in fact give the name and address of the 42 year old who molested a child in broad daylight. Another thing which totally baffles me about this latter case is that the judge has imposed a curfew on him. He musn't go out between the hours of 11pm and 6am. How does that stop him molesting children in the middle of the day which is what he was convicted of doing?

Old 10-09-2004, 19:17   #11

How does that curfew affect his depraved activities - the only people on the streets during that time are adults?! The Government and law authorities tell the public not to take the law into their own hands with vigilante style tactics only to let us down with idiotic rulings such as this. A disgrace.....
Old 10-09-2004, 19:39   #12

by giving the name and address it sounds to me like the press are opening it up for people to take this into thier own hands and who can blame them, it'd be right there at the top of the que. theres just no excuse for this sort of behaviour
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..