Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2019, 17:39   #2521
Full Member+

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

"MPs will be asked to vote tomorrow on the withdrawal agreement, the divorce deal with the EU"
Old 28-03-2019, 18:39   #2522
Beacon of light

The MP's are stealing their salaries...they are certainly NOT worth the money.
A shower of Fisons.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 20:30   #2523
Full Member+

"So tomorrow MPs will vote on whether to endorse the withdrawal agreement the UK negotiated with the EU back in November - but what is it?

Well...it's the 599 page legal document that sets out how the UK will leave the EU.

It authorises a transition period until the end of 2020, during which the UK will need to abide by all EU rules, but will lose membership of its institutions.

It also sets out details of the money the UK will pay to settle its legal obligations, and of a new UK-EU "joint committee" that will police the deal and any disputes."

So even when we're out, we're still in..... for almost another 19 months.....
Old 28-03-2019, 21:01   #2524
God Member

Should enough snivelling, self-serving, grubby MPs vote for May’s treasonous treaty tomorrow, it will trap this country in the EU for much longer than 19 months.
Which is precisely what the WA is designed to do.

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/the-w...k-into-the-eu/

We’ll be in London tomorrow on the Leave Means Leave gathering.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 21:46   #2525
Beacon of light

Also any laws that are passed during this time(we have no say over their formulation) will have to be adhered to. (Knowing the peevish nature of the EU and their desire to punish us, there could be mayhem during this transitional period. Laws could be passed that cannot be revoked....and that are detrimental to us) I detest the EU and all it stands for.
This deal is NOT leaving....except in name only.
And with the backstop(the EU are never going to change this...it is their power chip) in place we could be tied in forever....regardless of the 'temporary' format...if all members of the EU do not agree, then we cannot escape.....which is why Michel Barnier and JCJunker were grinning from ear to ear when TM came away with this 'good deal'
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 28-03-2019, 21:47   #2526
Full Member+

Several hard line Brexiteers MP's have now said they will vote for it...!!! I mean what has changed from the first two times? One MP, whose name I can't think of at the moment, called the deal a 'turd' has said he will vote for it.....
Old 28-03-2019, 21:50   #2527
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Should enough snivelling, self-serving, grubby MPs vote for May’s treasonous treaty tomorrow, it will trap this country in the EU for much longer than 19 months.
Which is precisely what the WA is designed to do.

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/the-w...k-into-the-eu/

We’ll be in London tomorrow on the Leave Means Leave gathering.
Frightening read...but a lot of it I was already aware of.
Old 28-03-2019, 21:56   #2528
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryewolf90 View Post
Several hard line Brexiteers MP's have now said they will vote for it...!!! I mean what has changed from the first two times? One MP, whose name I can't think of at the moment, called the deal a 'turd' has said he will vote for it.....
Nothing in the document has changed, but I think that many of these people have got Brexit fatigue.....and are willing to do whatever will get them out of the 'groundhog' day feeling....but by doing this they handcuff the population to an organisation that(I believe) does us harm....and is negative towards us.
We do not fit in the EU.
I want to be OUT....right out.
No single market, no customs union, no ECJ, no freedom of movement and those in Brussels will never accept those things.
Old 28-03-2019, 22:13   #2529
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No single market, no customs union, no ECJ, no freedom of movement and those in Brussels will never accept those things.

The problem is many of the options they voted on yesterday, despite being voted against, do actually tie us closer to the EU but without any say and doesn't back the will of the people to leave.
Old 28-03-2019, 22:41   #2530
Beacon of light

Yes...I see that....and for someone who is so ill educated....and those in the P.of W think they know far more about these issue....why can I see it, but they cannot.
How come all this scary stuff is being kept under wraps?
Well, I am asking a question that I know the answer to.
Their aim was to sleep walk nations into this superstate....where nationalities, patriotism count for nothing....where it is desired to form closer political and fiscal union....where we are told to 'sit down, be quiet and be grateful for what we are given'
And our menfolk through the ages gave their blood for this??

I don't know if those staunch Brexiteers in Parliament have been bribed( certainly would not be voting for such a deal...myprinciples would not allow it)..or what promises have been made...but you can bet your life it is not anything that will benefit the common people.

Just let any of these people come to my door canvassing for votes,,,,for ANYTHING....they will get such a hostile greeting.
Old 29-03-2019, 00:20   #2531
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I don't know if those staunch Brexiteers in Parliament have been bribed( certainly would not be voting for such a deal...myprinciples would not allow it)..or what promises have been made..

I think in the case of Boris Johnson - another who's gone over to saying he will vote for the PM's deal - it's a chance at being Prime Minister after TM resigns....
AccyMad likes this.
Old 29-03-2019, 07:08   #2532
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryewolf90 View Post
I think in the case of Boris Johnson - another who's gone over to saying he will vote for the PM's deal - it's a chance at being Prime Minister after TM resigns....
I agree, but I think if that happened it would be the equivalent of going from the frying pan into the fire - I shudder at the thought
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2019, 07:41   #2533
Beacon of light

I want to be wearing a Black armband today....with a red stripe through the middle of it.
A black armband to signify the death of democracy and the red stripe to show that it was murdered by our autocratic political classes.

Today we should have been celebrating our freedom...and we are not.
I should have been toasting our freedom with a bottle of Vintage Champagne that saved for something momentous.....I won't be doing that either.

All because the 17.4 million people have been conspired against by a remain parliament, with remain MP's and remain civil servants.
They are remain because it means they can coast....take their foot off the gas....the rules are made in Brussels for them to hand down to us...the plebs.

Democracy....Rest In Pieces.
Old 29-03-2019, 08:28   #2534
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

What should happen if this vote today goes down which many think it will not win, is Teresa May should tell the E.U. sorry we are are leaving on the default position NO DEAL. she always said no deal is better than a bad deal, and personally i'm damn sure it is. obviously she will not do that cos shes lied all along this brexit.
Less and Gremlin like this.
Old 29-03-2019, 09:43   #2535
Beacon of light

The goons in Brussels have smiles that can be seen from the moon.....they can see things falling into place in exactly the way the planned....in fact better than they could have hoped for.
A country that is divided and fearful is easier to control and will take any kind of humiliation.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..