Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2016, 18:23   #571
God Member

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Really? I obviously have the wrong impression of Frau Merkel.
I never saw her as being all that impatient.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-06-2016, 20:29   #572
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Really? I obviously have the wrong impression of Frau Merkel.
I obviously wasted the question marks.
Michael1954 likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 13:36   #573
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Pat Condell...that is this chaps name.
He's been talking sense for decades. Margaret, on this and other topics. Check out his website
Godless Comedy Pat Condell - Godless Comedy
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 15:45   #574
Beacon of light

I have never heard of him before.

As I said I only visit Youtube when I have a practical problem to solve and want to SEE how to do it.

How can we have trust in a referendum where 3.500 EU citizens have 'mistakenly' been sent voting papers for a referendum which they are not entitled to vote in.
Firstly it makes me question whether it is a mistake or whether it is calculated to skew the results.
Secondly, it makes me seriously doubt the competence of those in charge and their ability to manage what should be a straighforward process.
Are they going to get blind counters to tot up the votes as well?

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 04-06-2016 at 15:51.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 15:54   #575
Beacon of light

The Electoral Commission says it was a 'glitch' and that EU citizens who turn up to vote, but are ineligible will be turned away....yeah, right!....and according to them it was not 3,500...but only 3,462 over 6 authorities.
I still have little faith in the integrity of the vote.
Old 04-06-2016, 17:00   #576
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
The Electoral Commission says it was a 'glitch' and that EU citizens who turn up to vote, but are ineligible will be turned away....yeah, right!....and according to them it was not 3,500...but only 3,462 over 6 authorities.
I still have little faith in the integrity of the vote.
Thats complete crap as far as i'm concerned, how can they tell who??
Old 05-06-2016, 09:37   #577
Senior Member+

Restlessness and anxiety is said to be growing across top companies in Germany as next month’s historic EU referendum draws closer.

The future of German companies will be thrown into doubt in the event of Britain freeing itself from the shackles of Brussels as 2,500 businesses have branches across the UK.

As Remain and Leave camps drum up support for their campaigns here in the UK, DZ Bank says Brexit would cost the Germany economy Ł34.8bn by 2017 alone and the country could fall into recession.

German experts predicted Britain leaving Europe would act as a “slow poison” to their countries economy.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:22   #578
Beacon of light

Barrie, again this is all conjecture, guesswork aimed at creating more uncertainty.
Yes, I know that if we leave the future will be uncertain....but the future is ALWAYS uncertain anyway.....that is the nature of the future.
Everyone who has an interest in us staying in will look for the worst case scenario.....and if it doesn't exist then it is manufactured.

I will still be putting my X in the Leave box.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 05-06-2016, 15:20   #579
Senior Member+

Quote:
I will still be putting my X in the Leave box.
So will I Margaret.
In '75 one of the 2 regions to say No was the Outer Hebrides. I commented at the time that one of the reasons for that was a large population group living there was military, the majority of whom had served in various European countries. They had greater experience of what it was like then and to my mind it has only got worse.
Germany controls the Euro and therefore the economy of the rest of the EU, even the ones who stayed out of the Eurozone.
Old 05-06-2016, 17:54   #580
Beacon of light

In one of the newspapers it mentions that Norway are still dictated to by the EU...even though they are not in ......it was stated that they have to take migrants...but the article failed to say that this is because Norway are signed up to the Schengen agreement......We are not signed up to this.
We contribute to the EU and some of these contributions will almost certainly be put towards the cost of the migrants in other countries.
So while the newspaper did not actually lie...it did not give the whole picture.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:34   #581
Senior Member+

Well, surprise, surprise!
It's called democracy.

MPs 'considering using majority' to keep UK in single market - BBC News
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 12:24   #582
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

These M.P.s wouldn't know the meaning of democracy,if it slapped em in the kisser.
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 06-06-2016, 21:12   #583
God Member

There's a surprise, one of the MPs who thinks he has the right to stymie a possible Vote Leave victory is called Kinnock. There's an entire family who've made it a career to suck down expenses from the EU, and obviously don't want it to end. Talk about self- serving. Exactly why I'll be voting Leave.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 05:12   #584
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Just seems to confirm the opinion that those advocating stay are concerned with what's good for them & not the British public! If you're foolish enough to vote stay & you get your way, it's no use whining & bleating x years down the line when you're being stuffed for housing, places for your kids in schools, visits to doctors & dentists or turned down for a job because you won't work for a pittance because some migrant will!

You made your festering pit, now live with it!

Alternatively, do the wise thing & vote OUT!
Old 07-06-2016, 07:06   #585
Beacon of light

I keep on repeating mysel(must be my age)......I have been saying that all those in the Remain camp care only for their needs and are not interested in what is in the best interests of Britain.
I have also said that come the 24th of June we will still be a part of that money hungry, undemocratic, arrogant organisation that is the EU.
We can't be allowed to leave. It would be the death knell for the EU.
If Brexit happened how long do you think it woul be before there was a Spexit and a Frexit?
No.....we will either be sent back like naughty children, to do the work again.....or as the news article says, our vote would be over ruled by those we PAY to represent us, but treat us with similar contempt to those bureaucrats in the EU.
Vote OUT.
hilleluk and Centaur like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..