Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'?
No. 24 77.42%
Yes. 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2012, 06:14   #466
Senior Member+

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Agreed- I think all that can be said has been said in this thread. Too depressing to keep reading it. After my trip back from hove/winchester i am going to ignore this thread. Life is better without it
Old 03-09-2012, 06:15   #467
Resting in Peace

As some of you will know me and a friend have just got back from a trip to Amsterdam
where cannabis is legal .
but it can only be smoked in the designated cafe shops and is controlled there is no problems with it there there is very little crime and the city what we saw was clean and no empty shops for rent or sale that we could see at all your not allowed to walk the streets with a joint, the only obnoxious people we met was a group of people from Blackburn that where shouting obscenities and being a nuisance and it was the women doing most of the shouting.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:17   #468
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Im curious now though. Will any drug users come forward and answer garinda's questions?
Perhaps there'll be no beneficial change, to how they enjoy their drugs, if they were legalised.

Sp there's no need to reply.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:19   #469
Senior Member+

My friend at work went on a late honeymoon to France and had the same experience. He had walked up to someone and attempted to talk to someone in French for directions or whatever. The guy had replied "do I look like a £$%£$%" or something like that back to him in an English accent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
from Blackburn that where shouting obscenities and being a nuisance and it was the women doing most of the shouting.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:19   #470
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Perhaps there'll be no beneficial change, to how they enjoy their drugs, if they were legalised.

It's not like there'll be any Amsterdam style cafes they can sit getting stoned in, because of the smoking ban.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:31   #471
Senior Member+

Quote:
Only benefit would be that they would have documentation on how to use them safely and the risks of using them pointed out. Though it might amount to a pathetic warning such as "smoke them responsibly" or "don't share a needle"

A country where people can go around injecting smack and smoking crack-cocaine legally would be a weird place to live. Thank god(that i dont believe in) that these drugs ARE illegal.

Quote:

Depressing because I am happy to debate this seriously. But I am not happy to read derogatory comments added on to comments, or see it get out of hand again.

Quote:
It's not like there'll be any Amsterdam style cafes they can sit getting stoned in, because of the smoking ban.
They could use vaporizers
Old 03-09-2012, 06:37   #472
Resting in Peace

Just as a side note on the ferry (Pride of Hull) in the bars there is a notice saying they cant sell tobacco or cigarettes or alcohol to those under 18.
as we entered international waters these signs where taken down
on the way back when within the 3 mile limit they where put back up hehe
Old 03-09-2012, 06:46   #473
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Only benefit would be that they would have documentation on how to use them safely and the risks of using them pointed out. Though it might amount to a pathetic warning such as "smoke them responsibly" or "don't share a needle"
As you've already stated you don't use illegal drugs recreationally, my asking the question wanting to know how a user's enjoyment of them would be any better if they were decriminalised, can't really be answered by yourself.

My point being, that as it stands now, there's already very little chance of anyone being prosecuted for possession of these illegal drugs, and using whatever they want to.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:55   #474
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Just as a side note on the ferry (Pride of Hull) in the bars there is a notice saying they cant sell tobacco or cigarettes or alcohol to those under 18.
on the way back when within the 3 mile limit they where put back up hehe
They might start bringing back the pirate ships, like Caroline, so people can sail out to them for a night out, so they can enjoy a fag with their pint.

Good one for Dragons' Crack Den.

I bet Hilary would invest in my idea.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:32   #475
Resting in Peace

Quote:
on the way back when within the 3 mile limit they where put back up here
It would appear that GB is the only country who care about what young people do Mick, well in principle that is, in reality they're all the same, or whats in a notice
Old 03-09-2012, 10:17   #476
Senior Member+

Quote:
As you've already stated you don't use illegal drugs recreationally, my asking the question wanting to know how a user's enjoyment of them would be any better if they were decriminalised, can't really be answered by yourself.

My point being, that as it stands now, there's already very little chance of anyone being prosecuted for possession of these illegal drugs, and using whatever they want to.
Well the first thing that would change in a users enjoyment is they would no longer have to fear getting pulled up by the Law and arrested. I think perhaps the prospect of breaking the law as it stands can affect the enjoyment of drug use on some occasions.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:43   #477
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Well the first thing that would change in a users enjoyment is they would no longer have to fear getting pulled up by the Law and arrested. I think perhaps the prospect of breaking the law as it stands can affect the enjoyment of drug use on some occasions.
As stated earlier, of all the hundreds, probably thousands of people I've met who take illegal recreational drugs, in the last twenty odd years not one of them has been charged with possesion for personal use.

So that argument doesn't really wash.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:50   #478
Give, give, give member

Quote:
As my question said it was quite clearly aimed at those who currently use recreational drugs, and you've posted that you no longer do, I can't really understand why you added your opinion, after earlier today saying this...

Quote:
I can't be bothrered argueing anymore.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:58   #479
Senior Member+

Quote:
As my question said it was quite clearly aimed at those who currently use recreational drugs, and you've posted that you no longer do, I can't really understand why you added your opinion, after earlier today saying this...

That's what I said "can't be bothered Argueing!" and it seems you are hell bent on starting argueing again - so I won't take you up on it! Argueing and discussing something are two different things.

I don't do any illegal drugs at all. Don't even smoke for 3 1/2 years. Coffee and tea are my addiction with a bit of alcohol every now and again.

Last edited by kestrelx; 03-09-2012 at 11:06.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:08   #480
Give, give, give member

Quote:
That's what I said "can't be bothered Argueing!" and it seems you are hell bent on starting argueing again - so I won't take you up on it!

I don't do any illegal drugs at all. Don't even smoke for 3 1/2 years. Coffee and tea are my addiction with a bit of alcohol every now and again.
As stated, you've said you no longer take recreational drugs, so my question, asking how it will be benefical to those who freely use them now, who don't face prosecution for possession, clearly wasn't aimed at you, because you can't answer.

I just wondered why you'd therefore posted, after earlier today saying you wouldn't, that's all.

Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..