Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'?
No. 24 77.42%
Yes. 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2012, 10:11   #496
Give, give, give member

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

...and although soliciting on the street as a prostitute is a criminal offence in this country, these were the lucky ones.

They managed to fund their addiction, without creating a victim. (Other than themselves.)

Unlike the addicts who went out on the rob, to get enough money to score their next hit.

Accrington Web
Old 04-09-2012, 10:47   #497
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
On very rare occasions I am tempted towards committing murder, would making murder legal enhance or detract from my enjoyment whilst performing that act?
Murder and taking illegal drugs have no connection. Bradey loved murder even though he knew eventually he'd be caught.

It's obvious that if someone's just had a good smoke of dope, in their flat and they then set off with various drugs on their person, the old paranoia's about having those illegal drugs and walking across town are going to rear their heads! Thus without doubt if cannabis and other drugs were legal I think there would be less people suffering from paranoia or psychosis! That said at the moment this society will not legalise drugs - so it's not gonna happen is it.

Last edited by kestrelx; 04-09-2012 at 10:51.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:58   #498
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Murder and taking illegal drugs have no connection. Bradey loved murder even though he knew eventually he'd be caught.

It's obvious that if someone's just had a good smoke of dope, in their flat and they then set off with various drugs on their person, the old paranoia's about having those illegal drugs and walking across town are going to rear their heads! Thus without doubt if cannabis and other drugs were legal I think there would be less people suffering from paranoia or psychosis! That said at the moment this society will not legalise drugs - so it's not gonna happen is it.
Recreational drug users might very well suffer from paranoia.

Unfoundly so.

As in reality, as far as the current justice system stands, it's a fact they aren't going to be charged with possession for personal use.

You're right about one thing at least.

There's very little public support for the total decriminalisation of recreational drugs, meaning it's unlikely to ever happen.

Happily.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:50   #499

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
So how did yeh miss this one? the thread was started in March, unless yeh had a long holiday? Or perhaps yeh been having a toot as well?
Ah, well observed Cashman. I came back off my hols and this was top of the list, thought it was new. If I was given to embarrassment I would certainly be that now.
I promise I'll be more observant next time.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:53   #500

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Don't think the Houseboy is very observant cashy
The reason I miss things is that I don't have time to read everything on here, there are more things than computers in my life, so I have to plead ignorance sometimes.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:59   #501

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
If you smoke the odd bit of weed you probably aren't going to break the law, to allow you to do this.

However, if you're a seventeen year old teenager, funding a heroin habit, I think you'll find there aren't that many job opportunities that will pay you enough to fund your addiction, without resorting to other money making activities.
I agree that there are a great many addicts of various drugs who will use theft to fund their habit but the point is that most of the ones who do that would be using some other excuse for their thievery if they weren't using drugs. The majority would still be stealing and, for example, saying they have a drink problem or debt or a wife who spends too much money or-----need I go on.
Old 04-09-2012, 15:06   #502
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseboy View Post
Ah, well observed Cashman. I came back off my hols and this was top of the list, thought it was new. If I was given to embarrassment I would certainly be that now.
I promise I'll be more observant next time.
You didn't miss much - it's been going round in circles for months.
Old 04-09-2012, 17:51   #503
Resting in Peace

Quote:
The reason I miss things is that I don't have time to read everything on here, there are more things than computers in my life, so I have to plead ignorance sometimes.
Better to read at leisure than post in haste
Old 04-09-2012, 17:55   #504
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
It has been a thread longer than you have been a member,

Should you really give an opinion without reading everything?
Old 04-09-2012, 21:27   #505
Give, give, give member

Quote:
The majority would still be stealing

Sort of gentically programmed to be thiefs, irregardless of their need to fund their drug addiction?

What about solicting for prostitution?

Would those same teens still be out wandering the streets late at night, letting disgusting old men penetrate them without a johnny for twenty quid anyway, even if they weren't desperate to score?

You could be on to something here.

Perhaps similarly, some are born, genetically predisposed to be woefully naive.

Old 04-09-2012, 21:31   #506
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Were you one of those daft kids who complained the roundabout made them sick, and dizzy....but didn't have the sense to get off it?

Old 04-09-2012, 21:45   #507
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Perhaps you should consider having some of those magical monkey gland drugs, for your complaint?

Apparently they work very well for the complaint of - 'Adding very little, but being unable to drag yourself away, whilst others do-itis'.

Last edited by Neil; 16-09-2012 at 06:30.
Old 05-09-2012, 15:36   #508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
It has been a thread longer than you have been a member,

Should you really give an opinion without reading everything?
No, absolutely not. To do that I would have to be retired or unemployed to find the time to do so, which I am neither.
Do you read everything and if so how do you find the time?
Old 05-09-2012, 15:41   #509

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Better to read at leisure than post in haste
I really wish I had that much leisure time but, alas, work is a tyrant that takes up too much of my time.
Old 05-09-2012, 15:48   #510

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Sort of gentically programmed to be thiefs, irregardless of their need to fund their drug addiction?

What about solicting for prostitution?

Would those same teens still be out wandering the streets late at night, letting disgusting old men penetrate them without a johnny for twenty quid anyway, even if they weren't desperate to score?

You could be on to something here.

Perhaps similarly, some are born, genetically predisposed to be woefully naive.

I'm not saying genetically programmed to do anything. I'm saying that those who are disposed to be law breakers are quite often drawn to the drug scene because it's illegal but not all drug users are law breakers apart from using the drug, which is of course illegal. Many people have taken drugs but not (other than the drug use itself) broken the law. I am also aware that some people have funded use by theft but I think that the numbers are overstated. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just that it's not the norm.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..