Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: are males aged between 13 and 45 allowed to wear slippers?
absolutely 22 47.83%
absolutely not 10 21.74%
as long as they aren't pink and fluffy 13 28.26%
only in hospital and only then when the lights are off 1 2.17%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2007, 19:25   #16
God Member

Re: slippers, yes or no

Oops ... that should be "slippers and a pipe". The only pipes (apart from the bong) that I want are after market shotguns for the Yammahammer.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-10-2007, 20:19   #17
God Member

I dont think its a problem, been looking for a new pair for myself today, fancy the boot slipper, all cosy for winter!
Old 24-10-2007, 20:20   #18
God Member

I don't know why slippers for men have such an old git image.

Women can wear them at any age without being thought of as old biddies.

Wear those slippers with pride guys but, like has already been said, as long as they're not the type with the little heel and bobble of fluff on the toe a-la Elsie Tanner!
Old 24-10-2007, 21:21   #19
Passed away 25-11-09

My husband wore slippers, leather ones that looked like slip-on shoes. My mum used to buy him a new pair every Christmas and he always put them on first thing in a morning when he went downstairs, in his dressing gown, to make a cup of tea.
Old 24-10-2007, 21:35   #20
God Member

All my lads and hubby have worn slippers..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2007, 21:43   #21
Resting in Peace

All I can say here gals is that you just imagine the celebrity of your dreams welcoming you at their door in carpet slippers .. sorta' bit off-putting innnit ?

Just comes one above trainers.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2007, 21:47   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Is he serious ... for my sixtieth, I got myself a new Yamaha 1300 V-Star ... and a pipe???? Maybe a bong! I can wait until I get old before slippers and a bike would be apt as birthday gifts. And next birthday, maybe a gift certificate for one of the local houses of pleasure.
HAHAHA!!!have some karma x

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253
mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2007, 21:48   #23
God Member

[quote=katex;484629]All I can say here gals is that you just imagine the celebrity of your dreams welcoming you at their door in carpet slippers .. sorta' bit off-putting innnit ?quote]

Unless the celebrity of your dreams happens to be Alan Titchmarsh, I suppose.

Why do slippers for men have such a fuddy duddy image? It's not fair really, is it? No-one says anything about a woman who wears slippers but when a man says he wears slippers, people start sniggering and making remarks about pipes and vests and dentures.
Old 24-10-2007, 21:53   #24

I really did not see any issues with blokes wearing slippers until this thread, just seems common sense and comfy if nowt else to wear them
Old 24-10-2007, 21:56   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Why do slippers for men have such a fuddy duddy image? It's not fair really, is it? No-one says anything about a woman who wears slippers but when a man says he wears slippers, people start sniggering and making remarks about pipes and vests and dentures.
I dunno' Lilly really .. just that well .. err .. errr. they just 'aint sexy, are they?
Probably because they are too sensible like.

Maybe the fashion industry ought to capitalize on this and create a range that are more appealing. We are like sheep after all, and if they push it enough we will follow.
Old 24-10-2007, 21:57   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
All I can say here gals is that you just imagine the celebrity of your dreams welcoming you at their door in carpet slippers .. sorta' bit off-putting innnit ?

Just comes one above trainers.

It would be kinda off putting if my fav female celeb dint come to the door wearing fishnets and sussies. Having said that I wouldn't say no if she fetched me egg an chips through on a tray for me tea wearing slippers
Old 24-10-2007, 22:03   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
It would be kinda off putting if my fav female celeb dint come to the door wearing fishnets and sussies. Having said that I wouldn't say no if she fetched me egg an chips through on a tray for me tea wearing slippers
Bet you would sooner take the first option though ...

Anyway, off thread ! Talking about men wearing slippers We women wear lovely slippers.

What's sussies ?
Old 24-10-2007, 22:04   #28

Quote:

Anyway, off thread ! Talking about men wearing slippers We women wear lovely slippers.
Depends what me egg an chips were like..........Not
Old 24-10-2007, 22:09   #29

Quote:

What's sussies ?

Slippers are slippers whether for ladies or men, cant be trudgin round wearing outside shoes messing the carpets or whatever up. Plus, I think you know full well what sussies are when mentioned along with fishnets
Old 24-10-2007, 22:23   #30
God Member

Quote:

What's sussies ?
Suspenders, Katex.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..