Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-10-2005, 23:19   #16
Accy Goddess

Re: Smells.

On men it's got to be the great smell of Brute.
I'm not a big perfume fan.
I used to love a perfume called Sea Jade by Yardley but they stopped production in the 80s.
I don't like strong Musky smells.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-10-2005, 23:20   #17
Give, give, give member

Just a note gentlemen.

Aftershave is rubbish, it's alchol based. You should always go for eau de toilette, which is oil based and won't irritate your skin. Plus the perfume lasts longer.

[I do hope eau de toilette isn't censored for not being English.]

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2005, 02:36   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
I believe that perfume or aftershave should fit the wearer like a good pair of shoes, snug and comfy and never tiresome. I like to wear Cerruti 1881 Aftershave or Paco Rabanne; I’m not a lover of much else. I also like to use Lynx Africa and Touch. I wear it for the simple purpose of Not Smelling unattractive when in company.

I love the tones of Youth Jew on a woman, but much prefer the seductiveness of Yves Saint Laurent - Rive Gauche. There are not many perfumes that I dislike other than 4711.

For a blast from the past, I loved Old Spice and still like its lingering tones. For the girls it was Charlie “The Original Stuff” as a teenager it use to pump the pheromones whenever it hit me……..

Just to lower the tone, you can't beat the smell of a good Ale...................
Youth Jew? would that get up your nose or what.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2005, 11:31   #19
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
Youth Jew? would that get up your nose or what.
Lol, I think Doug used to get it from a kibbutz in Israel.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2005, 12:10   #20
Resident Waffler

Isn't persomal taste a funny thing? Someone I used to work with must have taken "splash it all over" far too literally and put me off Brut for life.

Mmmmmm yes 1881 is lovely.

Yes! I think that orange thing was by Coty but what the flippin heck was it?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2005, 13:37   #21
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I tend to wear Cerruti 1881 these days, and I love it. If I want something a bit stonger and spicy I will go for Clinique Aromatics Elixir and I also like Clinique Happy.

I remember having some Opium perfume in the 80's, it was really popular then, but it makes me gag now. My mate always wore Poison, and it used to knock me sick.

I'm really fussy with perfumes and it takes me ages to find one that I like. Sales people usually run for cover when I enter a perfumerie. On men I like L'eau d'Issey (or whatever it's called)....

I could never afford expensive perfume in the 80's and early 90's, so me and my sis used to go halves on a copy of Cosmo, rip out the sniff pages of all the new perfumes and rub them all over ourselves for a night out.... A different designer perfume every night for about a quid.... Bargain or what!!!!!!

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2005, 13:39   #22
Senior Member+

I think it was Aqua Manda Willow, i used to use it when i was a teenager. I ended up with four bottles of the stuff one christmas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Isn't persomal taste a funny thing? Someone I used to work with must have taken "splash it all over" far too literally and put me off Brut for life.

Mmmmmm yes 1881 is lovely.

Yes! I think that orange thing was by Coty but what the flippin heck was it?
Old 14-10-2005, 13:58   #23
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
Big downfall of mine is I can't help accosting nice smelling men!!! It can get quite embarressing when I suddenly find my nose stuck in their neck!!
So I noticed
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2005, 14:47   #24
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
Big downfall of mine is I can't help accosting nice smelling men!!! It can get quite embarressing when I suddenly find my nose stuck in their neck!!
I know im like that too pmsl
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2005, 15:25   #25
Resting in Peace

I just use all the junk i get bought at christmas hehe
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2005, 15:50   #26
God Member

Can't stand any overpowering perfume at all. Someone I know wears tons of the stuff and when I've been in her company for even a short while I can smell it on me.

I was once paid a big compliment and told that I didn't smell of anything except 'clean'. Sorry, but I always think that people who wear too much perfume are trying to mask some other sort of smell.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2005, 15:55   #27
mez
God Member

wish i could wear perfume there are some lovely ones around but unfortunatly im allergic to em all ... & men have some lovely smellies too these days.
Old 14-10-2005, 16:29   #28
land of hope and glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez
wish i could wear perfume there are some lovely ones around but unfortunatly im allergic to em all ... & men have some lovely smellies too these days.
yep your right mez ! what about good owd fashioned body odour, lovely healthy smelly feet,huummm!whats wrong with using coal tar soap...he...hee that lingered for ever,wearing scent only appeals when it suits the wearer!everyones body chemicals are differant so you may like it on someone else but it pongs on you!
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2005, 17:09   #29
white rabbits

i like amarige de givenchy...

for my birthday i got a very tall slim bottle called flower by kenzo ,with a poppy on it 'thats lovely'
for men i like good old fashioned arromiss,ermmmmmmm nice
Old 14-10-2005, 18:39   #30
God Member

I dont know what the perfume i use is - theres no name on the bottle all i know is that its estee lauder but i dont wear it that often anyway only when im going out. I'm not one that will use it all the time. A bottle of perfume lasts me ages sometimes i even end up throwing a bottle out because its smell has gone awol!
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..