Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Smells. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/smells-17381.html)

garinda 13-10-2005 21:52

Smells.

What is your favorite smell or perfume?

If you do wear a scent, do you wear it for yourself or for other people?

Although it won't damage your health, has someone's perfume spoilt your enjoment of a meal?

Does advertising affect your decision about what you will perfume yourself with, as the heady scents of the 80's like Giorgio and Poison aren't as popular as they were.

I wear Lagerfeld when I'm going out, it's deep and not very commonly available, so very unlike me. When I want to smell fresh and clean I love Happy by Clinique, because it's just so fresh and citrusy.

My favorite smell on a woman though is Youth Dew by Estee Lauder, because it reminds me of my Mum kissing me goodnight if my parents were going out when I was little.

Tinkerbelle 13-10-2005 22:02

Re: Smells.

I wear Eternity perfume myself

I adored Lynx Tempest ..... I don't think they sell it anymore :(....... it used to make me go weak at the knees if any man was wearing it in the same room as me :) oohhhhh!!!

WillowTheWhisp 13-10-2005 22:13

I've got a few favourites - depnds on my mood, the time of day or evening and where I'm going.

For daytime I like something light and fluffy and floral.
For evenings I prefer something a little more interesting.

My daughter has introduced me to "Exclamation!" and I rather like it.

I definitely wear a scent for myself. I'm the one closest to the smell so I want it to be something I like. Mind you, it's nice if whoever I'm with likes it too and if I had one that Busman found revolting then I'd probably abandon it.

Oh yes someone else's perfume can certainly spoil my enjoyment of a meal. If it's too strong, overpowering or sickly I feel like I'm eating it! Part of the enjoyment of food is the smell as well as the taste.

Some scents remind me of people too - my Gran always used "4711". "Je Reviens" reminds me of my mother.

PILKYBUSDRIVER 13-10-2005 22:17

212 for men suits me :)

garinda 13-10-2005 22:19

If I smell someone wearing Antaeus by Chanel it really affects me. I just want to smell or even hug that person and breath it in.

I did consider buying it myself, but it's probably wrong trying to lick yourself.

Tinkerbelle 13-10-2005 22:23

One perfume I really don't like is Samsara (my apologies to anyone who wears it) I think it has a real earthy smell. I find myself checking the room for someone smoking dope before I realise it's THAT perfume!

SPUGGIE J 13-10-2005 22:29

Must rember that one Tinks I could have a lot of fun with a bottle of that.

:D

simon 13-10-2005 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda
If I smell someone wearing Antaeus by Chanel it really affects me. I just want to smell or even hug that person and breath it in.

Back off mate.....;)

I have used that stuff for many years.....but only for my own pleasure

WillowTheWhisp 13-10-2005 22:58

1 Attachment(s)
Does anybody remember a range of talc/body lotion/bubble bath absolutely ages ago which came in sort of orange coloured, plastic containers with brown plastic, tortoiseshell effect tops?

I've done a quick sketch but the top doesn't look to be in proportion. The oval above is a cross section.

The orange range was brought out first and then they brought out a lemony one but I don't think that caught on. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called but I did like it way back then.

Doug 13-10-2005 23:02

I believe that perfume or aftershave should fit the wearer like a good pair of shoes, snug and comfy and never tiresome. I like to wear Cerruti 1881 Aftershave or Paco Rabanne; I’m not a lover of much else. I also like to use Lynx Africa and Touch. I wear it for the simple purpose of Not Smelling unattractive when in company.

I love the tones of Youth Jew on a woman, but much prefer the seductiveness of Yves Saint Laurent - Rive Gauche. There are not many perfumes that I dislike other than 4711.

For a blast from the past, I loved Old Spice and still like its lingering tones. For the girls it was Charlie “The Original Stuff” as a teenager it use to pump the pheromones whenever it hit me……..

Just to lower the tone, you can't beat the smell of a good Ale...................:)

harwood red 13-10-2005 23:03

I wear cerruti 1881 but also like the aftershave version on men

Big downfall of mine is I can't help accosting nice smelling men!!! It can get quite embarressing when I suddenly find my nose stuck in their neck!! :o

Doug 13-10-2005 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Does anybody remember a range of talc/body lotion/bubble bath absolutely ages ago which came in sort of orange coloured, plastic containers with brown plastic, tortoiseshell effect tops?

I've done a quick sketch but the top doesn't look to be in proportion. The oval above is a cross section.

The orange range was brought out first and then they brought out a lemony one but I don't think that caught on. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called but I did like it way back then.

I know the one you mean Willow, which concerns me a little because its not something that I would have bought for anyone………:o

Doug 13-10-2005 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by harwood red
I wear cerruti 1881 but also like the aftershave version on men

Big downfall of mine is I can't help accosting nice smelling men!!! It can get quite embarressing when I suddenly find my nose stuck in their neck!! :o

I'll be the short fat grey haired old fart standing next to you at the footy tomorrow.....wearing cerruti 1881................:p

harwood red 13-10-2005 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug
I'll be the short fat grey haired old fart standing next to you at the footy tomorrow.....wearing cerruti 1881................:p

errr what footy tomorrow doug??? It is funny how we posted at the same time with the same scent!!! I also like paco rabanne.

But anyone come near me with Brut and I will probably die of sneezing!!!!

garinda 13-10-2005 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp

I can't remember the name either, but I'm having a vision it was produced by Coty.