Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2005, 18:53   #31

Re: Smells.

i love flowers by kenzo....
on men i love diesel (in the red bottle) and lynx africa! i do find that i follow some men around like the kids on the bisto advert if they smell nice...ive ended up in some very embarrasing places doing that!!
Old 14-10-2005, 19:54   #32
Beacon of light

Yes it was Aquamanda......iwas just about to post the name when I noticed that Janet had beaten me to it. I like Clinique Aromatics Elixir......I wear it for me, but strangely I can never smell it on me.......I also like Flowers by Kenzo........I like Lagerfeld for women, but never seem to see it unless I go abroad.......and there was a perfume I bought in Spain.....it was called Hash.......I loved that, but haven't seen any for a long time.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2005, 21:21   #33
Senior Member+

i wear hugo boss Deep Red, and Eternity, and i wear So for my everyday perfume there are a few people where i work that are not very good with hygene and i dont want to walk past and it be mistaken for me!! (nightmare).

I buy daddiboo Lacoste, and blue water.
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2005, 22:53   #34
Give, give, give member

I don't know if people in London stink more than they do here, or it might be the fact that you are herded together closer on the tube, but your nasel senses are definitely invaded more by people's bad smells there.

I did try to restart the fashion for nosegays whilst I was there. Those little posies of sweet smelling flowers our ancestors used to hold under their noses to mask the smell of the hoi-poloi's stench.

Valerie Singleton showed how to make one on Blue Peter many years ago. You take an orange and cover it with cloves, then leave it to dry for a month, attach a pretty ribbon and hey presto!

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2005, 07:46   #35
Resident Waffler

Aqua Manda!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have been racking my brains over that for ages! The lemon one was Aqua Citra. I remember that now.

As a teenager I loved Aqua Manda talc and body lotion.

There was also one by Coty called Kiku and someone once bought me a spherical container of the talc with a big fluffy puff inside. I loved it at first but the lotion version of it seemed to go off after a while.

It's funny how we wear a perfume for ourselves and then get so used to the smell that we end up not being able to smell it.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2005, 08:31   #36
white rabbits

i have just thought... i must be getting old,,, i can remember evening in paris and california poppy. ............................
Old 15-10-2005, 09:15   #37
Senior Member+

My grandma always used evening in paris, it was in a little blue bottle, if i remember right. You can still buy it, but it is now under another name but can't remember what it is.
Old 15-10-2005, 10:55   #38

I don't like strong smelling perfumes either. You know the sort you can still taste 10 minutes after you leave a person. I know its old fashioned now but I like the smell of old spice on a man.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2005, 12:21   #39
Clearly Classy.......

Ou Qui by Lancome for me
Chemistry by Clinique for Neil

but I like loads i have different perfumes for my mood!
Hypnotic poison....Dior
Beyond Paradise Estee Lauder
Geminesse...........Max Factor but its not made anymore.
Chance.....Channel
Gaultier ll is lovely.......... JPG.........its new and I want it!
Happy..........Clinique.......my summer smelly!!

Oi Rindy you said you were Tweed by Lentheric wearer!

REMEMBER THESE!!

My Gallery My Albums
Romps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2005, 13:21   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romps
Chemistry by Clinique for Neil
Now I know why I had my nose down his neck Romps!!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2005, 13:37   #41
Beacon of light

A couple of years ago we were in Adelaide and we noticed that a lady was following us around. We went into Target and she came up to us and asked what perfume I was wearing......I told her that we were both wearing NIAGARA by Courreges.....it is a man's scent really, but I loved it and we shared at the bottle.....well, bottles because I bought a few.....good job too, I don't think you can buy it now. Anyway we told this lady that if she came to our hotel we would give her the bottle.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2005, 13:56   #42

oh my fave has got 2 be jean paul gautier, even tho it is rather expensive especially 4 a girl of my age lol but i love it!
sam......b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2005, 16:06   #43
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romps
Oi Rindy you said you were Tweed by Lentheric wearer!

No Darling I was kidding. I actually whispered in your ear that you could smell my Charlie.

Neil with chemistry? As in a chemistry set?

Frightening.

I hope you've upped your household insurance.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2005, 18:21   #44
God Member

I wear L'Eau de Issey, its quite light and fresh, I also like Envy by Gucci, I'm not keen on very strong scents Poison, Opium etc, the L' eau d Issey mens eau de toilette is gorgeous.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2005, 18:26   #45
white rabbits

my son wears joop,,,,,,and boss... they smell nice

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..