Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2005, 22:55   #91
God Member

Re: Smoking near children should be a punishable offence!

well done and keep it up pilky

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-09-2005, 22:57   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
well done and keep it up pilky
agreed i managed 14 months once hope you do better pilky.
Old 06-09-2005, 23:09   #93

Thanx for your support.I actually gave up for 3 and a half years on the day of Princess Diana's funeral.I went to a petrol station and bought 20 marlboro which i'd smoked for 9 years>got in the car and thought "i'm giving up"threw them in the glove compartment and did it for over 3 years.I dont believe in all these patches and things.Willpower is what iot takes but it's like having a little demon constantly knocking at your door.You can never escape it,just learn to tell it to F*** Off.
PILKYBUSDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 00:20   #94
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PILKYBUSDRIVER
Thanx for your support.I actually gave up for 3 and a half years on the day of Princess Diana's funeral.I went to a petrol station and bought 20 marlboro which i'd smoked for 9 years>got in the car and thought "i'm giving up"threw them in the glove compartment and did it for over 3 years.

I do hope your kids were NOT in the glove compartment .......................

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 06:13   #95
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PILKYBUSDRIVER
I went to a petrol station and bought 20 marlboro which i'd smoked for 9 years>got in the car and thought "i'm giving up"threw them in the glove compartment and did it for over 3 years.
Were they still there after 3 years
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 12:43   #96
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
agreed with what gayle said about kiddies lungs etc, but to me the title of the thread made it a dig at smokers, sorry but thats my opinion.
and if the title said "non smokers should not have an opinion if an adult smokes near a child" would that be a dig at non smokers??
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 15:05   #97
Senior Member+

To smoke or not to smoke..............hows this one for a silly example.
Local golf club with 2 rooms, a members only room, and a main function room (which can be hired by non-members)
A member of the council states that he will not bring his wife and child up to the club to sit in a smoke filled room.
So the council make the members only room non-smoking - result members walk out and go to local pub, hence loss of bar revenue.
Oh the council said, well we will have a referendum and ask the members which room they want as a non-smoking room, you guessed it the members voted to make the main function room non-smoking.
Oh dear say the council what about the socials and private functions that use the room, they will not book it if it's a non-smoking room - result - loss of bar revenue. So the council dicide to put the referendum to one side for socials and private functions !
The silly part about all this is that this particular council member, never brings his wife or child to the club.
All those problems, could have been overcome by allowing smoking in the members only room, and a specific area (adjacent to windows) in the main function room. Away from the bar and small dining area. They call it good old common sense
Sorry about being long winded.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 15:12   #98
God Member

Smoking is like anything else in this life, you can either take it or leave it, your choice.

The next ciggy might kill us, but hey, so might the next bus that comes along, or the next plane that falls from the sky, or or..........get the drift he he he .

Living life does us damage all the time................how many things have there been recently in the press 'oh don't eat this, don't eat that, don't drink this, don't drink that, even medication is bad for us now .

So to put it bluntly we are all up S'''s creek without a paddle. From the day we are born, life is getting shorter.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 15:16   #99
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby boo
and if the title said "non smokers should not have an opinion if an adult smokes near a child" would that be a dig at non smokers??
what i,m on about boo is the word PUNISHABLE in the title,to me burgalars/ thugs etc you punish, ignorant thoughtless gits that smoke infront of kids should be EDUCATED. most smokers dont have a problem keeping smoke away from kids,and find it just as offensive as non smokers.like i said before just seemed to me like a soft target.
Old 07-09-2005, 15:29   #100
Resident Waffler

I think the education idea has been tried and it quite obviously fails.

Quite right slinky, you can either choose to smoke or not smoke and it's your own choice. I don't think anyone is siggesting that choice be taken from you.

Unfortunately children who have smoke puffed into their faces by thoughtless uncaring adults don't have any choice.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 15:36   #101
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
I think the education idea has been tried and it quite obviously fails.

Quite right slinky, you can either choose to smoke or not smoke and it's your own choice. I don't think anyone is siggesting that choice be taken from you.

Unfortunately children who have smoke puffed into their faces by thoughtless uncaring adults don't have any choice.
agreed but what do we do? flog em? gaol em? give em an asbo?
Old 07-09-2005, 15:37   #102
I am Banned

although i gave up recently i started again but i do still think it a disgusting habbit but strangely enough even when i had given up i didt mind a woman that smoked
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 15:44   #103
land of hope and glory

tears have started to flow.
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 15:53   #104
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
tears have started to flow.
i dont get it can you please explain what is funny to me and everyone else in the class please staggers
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 15:55   #105
land of hope and glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
i dont get it can you please explain what is funny to me and everyone else in the class please staggers
its called the wit of a lancastrian and if you dont know now you never will...................AND THEY NEVER DID.
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..