Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2005, 01:08   #61
land of hope and glory

Re: Smoking near children should be a punishable offence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby boo
no coz i hear you every morning trying to stay alive why should i put up with that???
so what you arer saying is that you dont mind me smoking? you havent answered the original question?
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-09-2005, 07:12   #62
Senior Member+

A very emotive subject, this thread has produced some interesting replies. I enjoy a cig, but would never smoke in front of or near a child. Just spent a few days up in scotland with family in a caravan, 2 small children with us. The smoking area was my car parked some distance away from the van.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 07:29   #63
Resident Waffler

Good for you Park and everyone else who does the same.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 08:23   #64
I am Banned

Yes it is u can choose where u live u is at that age now, u arnt blaming yr parents who put u in that environment but u blame us n we are a big part of the pub business to which they chose to work in n nrly all other working environments are non smoking!!!

Quote:
no it isnt illegal i agree but is it my responsibility that i live in a public house???? where i am constantly forced to breathe in other peoples smoke??? is it my sisters responsibility to have to live where she lives????? where she to is forced to breathe in other peoples smoke??? im not blaming my parents but come on at least feel sorry for the people who have to put up with this kinda or junk going into their bodies when they didnt ask for it anyway????
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 10:46   #65
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by accystanmac
Yes it is u can choose where u live u is at that age now, u arnt blaming yr parents who put u in that environment but u blame us n we are a big part of the pub business to which they chose to work in n nrly all other working environments are non smoking!!!
have i put you in any way and officially blamed you??????????? no the reason why i havent got my own house is for the simple fact that there expensive and i cant afford one. am i not allowed my opinion in saying i dont like smoking and i just dont find it fair that smoking should not be done in front of kids?
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 10:54   #66
I am Banned

Erm yeh u are but u went off the post a lil n i meant us [all smokers] not just me jeeeeezzz no way am i taking sole responsibility like less said u are responsible for yrself n yr own

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby boo
have i put you in any way and officially blamed you??????????? no the reason why i havent got my own house is for the simple fact that there expensive and i cant afford one. am i not allowed my opinion in saying i dont like smoking and i just dont find it fair that smoking should not be done in front of kids?
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 14:41   #67
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by accystanmac
Erm yeh u are but u went off the post a lil n i meant us [all smokers] not just me jeeeeezzz no way am i taking sole responsibility like less said u are responsible for yrself n yr own
Please, if you are going to quote me, or use me in anyway do it in English not text! We have no need to use anything other than the normal language on here we have plenty of room and the keyboard is so much bigger!

(what you are trying to say could make sense if as the majority of us, you use plain language).

(Oh dear have I opened a different can of worms? Again!)
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 14:49   #68
Resident Waffler

Can I join you on your tangent Less? I find it very difficut to read some posts these days which are full of textspeak and grammatical errors.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 14:54   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Can I join you on your tangent Less? I find it very difficut to read some posts these days which are full of textspeak and grammatical errors.
Thank you willow, though I can forgive the grammar, after all English is a difficult subject but being lazy with the words what you can be using isn't something what I like!
Old 06-09-2005, 14:54   #70
God Member

my grammer is bad along with my spelling and have in te past used text speak to hide a few flaws result unhappy people so I now grin and bare it. Yet some people including children have it down to a fine art. We teach them bad habits then we pick up theirs.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 15:02   #71
Resting in Peace

Using mobile phone text is NOT allowed on this site anyway,
you have a full size keyboard there please use it.
this is a web site not a mobile phone anymore mobile shorthand will be deleted
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 15:03   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
my grammer is bad along with my spelling and have in te past used text speak to hide a few flaws result unhappy people so I now grin and bare it. Yet some people including children have it down to a fine art. We teach them bad habits then we pick up theirs.

I have no problem with grammar or spelling that people use we all learn, I try all the time to improve and fail, I just don't think with such a wonderful thing as the English language that I have to dechipher gibberish.

Last edited by Less; 06-09-2005 at 15:37.
Old 06-09-2005, 15:16   #73
God Member

i am slightly illiterate. it dont matter how many times i am told if i or e comes first. or which there or thier to use...or when and where to use a comma...i still cant do it.. i also cant write much... well i cant write... never learnt join up writing and my print is unreadable.

so long as people can figure out what I am typing... thats all that matters...
Old 06-09-2005, 15:20   #74
God Member

You're right, that's all that matters. Everyone makes allowances for the odd wonky spelling or grammar error, we completely accept that - it's the text speak that's hard to understand.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 15:20   #75
Give, give, give member

Children could be weaned onto nicotine by the parent's use of a pipe which is apparently less harmful.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..