Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2010, 07:36   #16
God Member

Re: So much for recycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
Don't worry about any letter from Twin valley shaz

and if you see any of our neighbourhood workers doing any gardening in the area just ask them nicely, they are usually very good too

thanx hun, its gonna take me a few weeks to be able to get rid of them in my brown bin anyway, its full already and they don't even come out till next week, we don't get many neighbourhood workers around here, there's nothing much for them to do apart from the grass verges really
Old 10-03-2010, 11:44   #17
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Grass verges will be the responsibility of Blackburn with Darwen as they are part of the highway.

Hyndburn just ignore them and did not cut our once last year. They did manage to spray them with something that killed most of the grass again turning them into a muddy mess for winter.

I wonder if you can buy RPG's on ebay for the next time that bloke is riding his quad up the street indiscriminately spraying weed killer on the grass?
Old 10-03-2010, 14:54   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

I wonder if you can buy RPG's on ebay for the next time that bloke is riding his quad up the street indiscriminately spraying weed killer on the grass?
dont be a snob throw bricks at him like the rest of us have to

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 20:46   #19
God Member

It would seem to me that you have most of the basic materials there to construct a wattle and daub structure in your back garden; all that now appears lacking is mud (that should be easily available) and cow dung (somewhat more problamatic). However should you manage to lay your hands on the latter two items, it should not be to difficult to erect your little building out the back.

I would suggest you commence by constructing four interwoven latticeworks, approx. 6ft X 4ft using your old branches, twigs, etc, and then place them in a square shape in the garden. Then, having obtained the requisite mud and cow muck, you make a 60/40 mixture up, adding water as you go along - not too much, mind - and then plaster the said substance on to your latticework. Then construct a 4 x 4 piece of a similar nature. Erect the three large sides , stick the smaller piece on the top. and then lean the final larger piece against the open side.

Voila! You now have an organic, outside ****house which should add about twenty grand to the value of your house.

My fee for this advice is £600pds - I no longer take cheques and postal orders, so you can PM me your bank details.

Last edited by Tealeaf; 10-03-2010 at 20:49.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 23:18   #20
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
It would seem to me that you have most of the basic materials there to construct a wattle and daub structure in your back garden; all that now appears lacking is mud (that should be easily available) and cow dung (somewhat more problamatic). However should you manage to lay your hands on the latter two items, it should not be to difficult to erect your little building out the back.

I would suggest you commence by constructing four interwoven latticeworks, approx. 6ft X 4ft using your old branches, twigs, etc, and then place them in a square shape in the garden. Then, having obtained the requisite mud and cow muck, you make a 60/40 mixture up, adding water as you go along - not too much, mind - and then plaster the said substance on to your latticework. Then construct a 4 x 4 piece of a similar nature. Erect the three large sides , stick the smaller piece on the top. and then lean the final larger piece against the open side.

Voila! You now have an organic, outside ****house which should add about twenty grand to the value of your house.

My fee for this advice is £600pds - I no longer take cheques and postal orders, so you can PM me your bank details.
Are you available in the school holdays?
You could do a 'Learning Through Art' workshop, up at the Haworth.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:08   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Grass verges will be the responsibility of Blackburn with Darwen as they are part of the highway.
Actually not true as many of our estates we have responsibility of the verges.

In other areas we also have an agreement in place with BWDBC that they do parts of ours and vice versa to prevent this ..."right we mow up to there and then stop" making areas look uneven and frequently ridiculous

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:37   #22
God Member

i don't live on an estate... (i'm gonna cry in a minute) *sob*

the estate is down the rough end *sob sob*
Old 11-03-2010, 08:51   #23
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
i don't live on an estate... (i'm gonna cry in a minute) *sob*

the estate is down the rough end *sob sob*
Oh Shaz don't cry, I am sure you can get a move down onto the estate if you ask them nicely
Old 11-03-2010, 08:55   #24
God Member

don't get clever

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..