Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By odders
  • 1 Post By AccyMad
  • 3 Post By odders
  • 1 Post By Margaret Pilkington
  • 1 Post By Margaret Pilkington
  • 2 Post By AccyMad
  • 1 Post By taddy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2022, 18:05   #1

Studio administrators....

I hope that something can be sorted

Its not like there are 1k+ Employers anywhere near town,

Good luck people
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-02-2022, 18:35   #2
God Member

Re: Studio administrators....

Quote:
Originally Posted by odders View Post
I hope that something can be sorted

Its not like there are 1k+ Employers anywhere near town,

Good luck people
Thank you, my youngest son works there & it's a worrying time - your post is appreciated
odders likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2022, 09:00   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Thank you, my youngest son works there & it's a worrying time - your post is appreciated
I hope for all jobs can be saved. No matter how menial that place can be. It keeps families from the dole queue, my best wishes to all...
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2022, 10:29   #4
Beacon of light

I also hope that someone will step in and rescue this company….it sounds like they have been trying to find solutions to the financial issues.
We cannot afford to lose employers.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2022, 11:31   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

agree we cannot afford to lose employers, but have they not brought it on themselves by selling cheap rubbish? so people started avoiding them.? i know a few that did that my missus stopped for that reason. by the way my mate who goes stanley with me finished working there for the same reason. and he had worked there for many years, in the offices.

Last edited by cashman; 16-02-2022 at 11:33.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2022, 11:53   #6
Beacon of light

Cashy, what you consider as tat, is someone else’s treasure.
And for some people they like the stuff they sell. and if there are people wanting to buy it then someone needs to be there selling it….and why not someone who puts food on the tables of people in the borough?
I have to say that I haven’t seen much the floats my boat, but I did used to buy Christmas stuff from them…paper, cards, decorations that sort of thing
Old 18-02-2022, 18:24   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
but I did used to buy Christmas stuff from them…paper, cards, decorations that sort of thing

"used to buy"? why not now? Seems to me that's where the reason for failure is. You & others don't buy your xmas stuff from them for some reason.
skuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2022, 19:52   #8
Beacon of light

I used to buy from them before I started to make my own Christmas cards…..(oh yes….I do this for others too and on average donate £500 per year from the proceeds of my card making to MacMillan .cancer Care…taking not one penny out of the donations for the stuff that I use to make these bespoke cards) and as for wrapping paper…I no longer have the need for this because the children are now grown up and do not want presents that need wrapping…they much prefer money transferred to their PayPal accounts.
I have got to a time in my life when I have all the Christmas decorations I need……having had 50 years of collecting these.
So….no I think your assumptions of me and my spending habits are just a bit off.
If they sold the kind of things I needed, then I would buy from them.
At 74….I actually need less ‘stuff’ in my life….not more!
taddy likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 18-02-2022 at 19:55.
Old 03-03-2022, 17:59   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
If they sold the kind of things I needed, then I would buy from them.!

Quite, and if they communicated with you & the rest of their market properly they would sell more of what people needed & wanted.
They obviously didn't listen to their market and are now in trouble.

Maybe if they saved on salaries by investing that money on Robots to do the picking & packing this would have helped? No one needs to be wasting money on people to pick & pack these days.

They haven't kept up with the times, it's better they're gone. Market efficiency kills off the weak. Old world thinking. Amazon have butchered them.
skuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 18:04   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thats really sensible use robots instead of people, i would have thought you may have a better view than that.any way studios been taken over.

Last edited by cashman; 03-03-2022 at 18:06.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 10:54   #11
Beacon of light

I am not sure just what you mean Skuta.
My need for their Christmas products was always going to come to an end.
Because as families grow up they do not want to receive the kind of gifts that need a lot of wrapping paper.
As for Christmas decorations, these too have become redundant…but if they had not, I have more than enough for my needs…..after collecting baubles balls and tinsel during my long life.

I would never wish a business to go under as it had a very big impact on local economics.
I find your attitude to this company a bit strange….and not in a good way either.
But hey ho…..if that is how you feel.
cashman likes this.
Old 04-03-2022, 12:19   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuta View Post
Quite, and if they communicated with you & the rest of their market properly they would sell more of what people needed & wanted.
They obviously didn't listen to their market and are now in trouble.

Maybe if they saved on salaries by investing that money on Robots to do the picking & packing this would have helped? No one needs to be wasting money on people to pick & pack these days.

They haven't kept up with the times, it's better they're gone. Market efficiency kills off the weak. Old world thinking. Amazon have butchered them.
Sorry to disappoint you but Studio haven't gone under & I'm sure their staff unlike yourself are relieved that they haven't & that they are still employed
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 13:39   #13

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1264040]I used to buy from them before I started to make my own Christmas cards…..(oh yes….I do this for others too and on average donate £500 per year from the proceeds of my card making to MacMillan .cancer Care…taking not one penny out of the donations for the stuff that I use to make these bespoke cards) and as for wrapping paper…I no longer have the need for this because the children are now grown up and do not want presents that need wrapping…they much prefer money transferred to their PayPal accounts.
I have got to a time in my life when I have all the Christmas decorations I need……having had 50 years of collecting these.
So….no I think your assumptions of me and my spending habits are just a bit off.
If they sold the kind of things I needed, then I would buy from them.
At 74….I actually need less ‘stuff’ in my life….not more!

Good on you Marge, you tell em.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote

« ferret | Inflation »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..