Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2014, 09:24   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Stupid News Reporters.

Have just been watching n the reporter stated,"All British Citizens who travel abroad to fight wi insurgents, without informing the government should have there passports withdrawn.!!!!! Now say i'm off to fight wi ISIS or someone, I'm really gonna inform the authorities here aren't i? After all it goes without saying that un. I just find it hard to comprehend that these reporters have well paid jobs n more than likely been to University to be educated, its beyond my simple comprehension.
sparkie and maxthecollie like this.
Old 25-08-2014, 09:28   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Stupid News Reporters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Have just been watching n the reporter stated,"All British Citizens who travel abroad to fight wi insurgents, without informing the government should have there passports withdrawn.!!!!! Now say i'm off to fight wi ISIS or someone, I'm really gonna inform the authorities here aren't i? After all it goes without saying that un. I just find it hard to comprehend that these reporters have well paid jobs n more than likely been to University to be educated, its beyond my simple comprehension.
They love to get a story even if it shows how thick they are.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 09:34   #3
Beacon of light

It isn't the news reporters that are stupid...it is the government who think this will do anything to stop these young men from going to fight with murderers(terrorists glamourises what they really are...which is thugs and murderers).
It is too little too late.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 09:38   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Have to disagree Margaret in this instance, If someone tells me summat, i know to be complete rubbish, I tell em so, rather than repeat it.
Old 25-08-2014, 10:09   #5
Beacon of light

So you think that the government are right to bring in regulations that are clearly barmy?

The reporter is just reporting what the government are doing......that is his job
he isn't saying it is right or sensible...in fact if you asked him his opinion that is all it would be.....an opinion...not news.
Old 25-08-2014, 10:23   #6
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
From the above do we take it that IF they do inform the Government then they will be allowed back into the Country with no consequences?

What strange times we live in if this is the case.

One time when I was on job seekers, I was offered an interview within the EU, I asked for assistance to travel and was informed that not only could I not have travel expenses I would be classed as unavailable to work and would be suspended if I went. Perhaps I applied for the wrong position, I should have offered my services as a Mercenary (outside the Eu of course), all they would be interested in then would be getting the full wack of taxes out of my wages!

Last edited by Less; 25-08-2014 at 10:31.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 10:55   #7
Full Member+

I think it should go without saying that anyone coming back from Syria, Iraq etc should be held and thoroughly interrogated as to the reason they have been there and those with no valid reason should have their passports torn up and put on a plane right back to the s hole they came from. The authorities could then start to look in to the families, friends and acquaintances of these nutters. That might just send a ripple through their communities.
Old 25-08-2014, 11:16   #8
Super Moderator

Quite right. Boris Johnson has said that those returning from Iraq and Syria should be regarded as guilty of terrorism unless they can prove otherwise and should be stripped of their citizenship. Right on the money, as far as I'm concerned. So let's be hearing the views of the Accyweb politicos...Graham Jones...Ken Moss...Bernard Dawson...what are your views on the subject?
Old 25-08-2014, 11:33   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Quite right. Boris Johnson has said that those returning from Iraq and Syria should be regarded as guilty of terrorism unless they can prove otherwise and should be stripped of their citizenship. Right on the money, as far as I'm concerned. So let's be hearing the views of the Accyweb politicos...Graham Jones...Ken Moss...Bernard Dawson...what are your views on the subject?
Methinks it's time you took up knitting to pass the time whilst you await any form of 'positive' reply.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 25-08-2014, 11:54   #10
Super Moderator

I'm a born optimist, Less, so I'm quietly confident that the aforementioned gentlemen will make their views known in a full and frank fashion.

Knit one...pearl two...knit one...oearl two...
Less likes this.
Old 25-08-2014, 12:16   #11
Beacon of light

According to the Home Secretary if the passports of these thugs were removed they would become 'stateless'.....apparently it is currently illegal to make someone stateless.....but is OK it seems for these thugs to come back to a country they despise.......possibly, to wreak havoc.
If it is illegal to make them stateless, then the law should be changed so it is no longer so.
While they are at it they might also consider removing the assets of these thugs and looking at deporting the whole of the family to a country which satisfies their core values......and stop calling them British.

You may think it unfair to punish the 'innocent' family of these thugs, but perhaps if these cowards thought their family was going to be put at risk, it may concentrate their minds.....but then again, these cowards have no humanitarian emotions.....just twisted pseudo religious dogma.
westendlass likes this.
Old 25-08-2014, 12:28   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
According to the Home Secretary if the passports of these thugs were removed they would become 'stateless'.....apparently it is currently illegal to make someone stateless.....but is OK it seems for these thugs to come back to a country they despise.......possibly, to wreak havoc.
If it is illegal to make them stateless, then the law should be changed so it is no longer so.
While they are at it they might also consider removing the assets of these thugs and looking at deporting the whole of the family to a country which satisfies their core values......and stop calling them British.

You may think it unfair to punish the 'innocent' family of these thugs, but perhaps if these cowards thought their family was going to be put at risk, it may concentrate their minds.....but then again, these cowards have no humanitarian emotions.....just twisted pseudo religious dogma.
Although I could agree with the above, I'm slightly hesitant, after all we are supposed to be looking for some form of justice and punishing 'innocent' members of their families may just be us sinking to their level of how the world should be viewed?
Old 25-08-2014, 12:45   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
So you think that the government are right to bring in regulations that are clearly barmy?

The reporter is just reporting what the government are doing......that is his job
he isn't saying it is right or sensible...in fact if you asked him his opinion that is all it would be.....an opinion...not news.
No i do NOT think government are right, But that is not me point, Its complete rubbish n as far as i'm concerned that should be said to the provider of this information, not reported without a mention. Do you actually think thats right?
Old 25-08-2014, 12:54   #14
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Although I could agree with the above, I'm slightly hesitant, after all we are supposed to be looking for some form of justice and punishing 'innocent' members of their families may just be us sinking to their level of how the world should be viewed?
Maybe that is our downfall Less. Maybe we should be a bit harder and a bit more worldly wise. A bit less accepting and tolerant.

How can there be any justice when these thugs are forcing their ideological views of their own people...Muslims(albeit a different form of Islam).
If they are willing to kill their own brothers then they sure as hell would have no hesitation in killing us....infidels.
They are inhuman......and how do we know that their families are innocent.....Yes...I know innocent until proved otherwise.

When the IS black flag flies over Downing Street perhaps we will wish we had taken more decisive action, because action is the only thing that thugs cowards and bullies understand.
Old 25-08-2014, 12:58   #15
Beacon of light

Quote:
No i do NOT think government are right, But that is not me point, Its complete rubbish n as far as i'm concerned that should be said to the provider of this information, not reported without a mention. Do you actually think thats right?
I did not see this televised report so I cannot comment on how it was put over by the reporter(and I'm not fudging the issue here Cashy - just being objective), but the report is in the newspapers.......and my point is that the reporter didn't dream this up out of his head...it had to be from some crackpot government department, so it goes without saying that the reporter himself is not stupid...he reports what is in the news. He doesn't make the news he just reports it.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 25-08-2014 at 13:00.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..