Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2005, 00:17   #1
Give, give, give member

Tattoos and Dykes.

So disappointing.

A new old Etonian leader for the Conservatives, with a wife with a tattoo.

Weddings in the UK were Adam 'marries' Steve, and Eve 'marries' Neve.

Come on right wing protagonists, give me something to get my knickers in a twist about.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-12-2005, 00:34   #2
Member.

Re: Tattoos and Dykes.

I Like Cameron, one hope’s he’s not just another gob artist. Same sex weddings? I’m glad I got out of the Photography business years ago. For god sake, I’m all for self expression and human rights but something’s should be left alone. Gay Rights, fine not a problem, equal rights amongst same sex couples should be a matter of law and not confused with the sanctity of marriage and what that morally demonstrates in a Christian society. And yes despite what some would want us to believe we do live in a Christian country, with Christian values and that cultural/religious value should be maintained. Western culture, often influenced by American trends and sense of freedoms is leading us down ever darkening paths. But hey, we will all be judged individually when we pop over to the other side. How does that sound to you, fancy a bite?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 00:40   #3
Give, give, give member

It's only the press that has called them marriages, it's a civil partnership, giving same sex couples the same rights as hetrosexual couples.

I'll report back on my first 'wedding' in Febuary, when my friends get hitched on their seventeenth anniversary in Glasgow. Which is a lot longer than a lot of the 'normal' weddings I've been to have lasted.

Old 07-12-2005, 00:48   #4
God Member

its great news and a brilliant step forward for British society in general.
too bad for the idiotic comments by George Michael that will keep the bloodthirsty tabloids busy for a while...
"yes we will be married but we will be allowed to roam free and live our individual lives"
silly silly man.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 00:51   #5
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
its great news and a brilliant step forward for British society in general.
too bad for the idiotic comments by George Michael that will keep the bloodthirsty tabloids busy for a while...
"yes we will be married but we will be allowed to roam free and live our individual lives"
silly silly man.
I know silly old Queen.

Hang on though, that's what real Queens and Kings have done throughout the history.

Old 07-12-2005, 00:52   #6
Give, give, give member

Mummy would be so pleased.

If only a man would put a ring on my finger.

Old 07-12-2005, 01:03   #7
Member.

Perhaps so……I know quite a few gay couples that have shown what a lasting relationship should be and not the free for all attitudes of today’s heterosexual shag along society, but when we pander to the rights of minority’s and lose our sense of values and perhaps the fear of right and wrong we end up with very much of what we’ve got in Britain today, which is a declining society without respect for what are moral values…..

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 07-12-2005, 01:06   #8
Give, give, give member

It is a sad fact that one in three marriages end in divorce.

Old 07-12-2005, 01:06   #9

Thumbs up Re: Tattoos and Dykes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
So disappointing.

A new old Etonian leader for the Conservatives, with a wife with a tattoo.

Weddings in the UK were Adam 'marries' Steve, and Eve 'marries' Neve.

Come on right wing protagonists, give me something to get my knickers in a twist about.
oooooooer arent we fiesty tonite spoiling for a fight eh!!! ..its been said that god created adam and eve not adam and steve !!
and as for liking dave cameroon well he is a polution opps i mean politician therefore =gob artist ..and heres a sample of this so called christian country ...in one of the leading tabloid news papers today a young school girl was banned from wearing a crucifix into school .but it was alright for the sikhs to wear their karpans and a kara because it is compulsary in their religion....
disregard the last paragraph just a rant from me
sorry for the thread hijack garinda
Old 07-12-2005, 01:11   #10
Give, give, give member

Isn't it widely accepted that God in fact made a load of monkeys who evolved into Adam, Steve and indeed Eve?

Old 07-12-2005, 01:14   #11
Member.

Having an opinion is something that we enjoy as a right, we all have one and should be encouraged to use it, even if it makes us silly little men. I don’t honestly see how this can be great news and a brilliant step forward for British society in general. It’s just served to confuse an already confused society; I would agree the press is bleating like something possessed, but that in itself is the fruit of having the freedom to have an opinion. Having equal rights in respects sharing a home and responsibly to a life long partner is one thing and rightly so, but to put this in a process that equates to a marriage civil or otherwise is a retrograde step in the moral fabric of this country. But that’s my opinion.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 07-12-2005, 01:18   #12
Member.

[quote=geoff70]and heres a sample of this so called christian country ...in one of the leading tabloid news papers today a young school girl was banned from wearing a crucifix into school .but it was alright for the sikhs to wear their karpans and a kara because it is compulsary in their religion....

"but when we pander to the rights of minority’s and lose our sense of values and perhaps the fear of right and wrong we end up with very much of what we’ve got in Britain today"

I don’t disagree with you Geoff, but just how did we get to this stage? and what needs to be done to avoid a continuation of these situations.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 07-12-2005, 01:20   #13
Give, give, give member

As usual I accept your point of view, but I disagree with it a little. I think this is a fair law. I've known friends who have been in a same sex relationship for thirty odd years, who have been denied the right to be at their partners deathbed because some distant relative is their 'real' next of kin. This will put a stop to that kind of silliness.

Old 07-12-2005, 01:22   #14
Give, give, give member

I quite like David Cameron and some of his policies, which I suspect is bad news for the Tories.

Old 07-12-2005, 01:24   #15
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
As usual I accept your point of view, but I disagree with it a little. I think this is a fair law. I've known friends who have been in a same sex relationship for thirty odd years, who have been denied the right to be at their partners deathbed because some distant relative is their 'real' next of kin. This will put a stop to that kind of silliness.
Agreed................

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..