Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-04-2010, 21:52   #31
God Member

Re: the BIG three tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin01 View Post
nick Clegg for me-
mind you -first round-
same old story.. same old crap... I suspect the Tories on here would like to deflect their massive cuts in spending, when at the same time talking about maintaining and even improving services in the Police, NHS,and Crime.. it just does not add up.. and if the tories or lib dems are serious about improving these services then they should be honest about how much it will cost and tell us were the cuts will be.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-04-2010, 22:16   #32
God Member

how times change.. the tories now propose to dump the British nuclear defence when Iran, India, Korea and China are upgrading their nuclear weapons.. good policy or not?
Old 15-04-2010, 22:23   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

My honest opinion, thought was very little between Brown n Cameron whatever yer political views, thought Clegg fell at the first fence, too much telling us what we are already aware of n not enough substance as to how they would do things, the fact that Clegg came out ahead in the poll, demonstrates to me at least, what knobheads are in this country,
Old 15-04-2010, 23:43   #34
Give, give, give member

I thought Britain's Got Talent didn't start until Saturday?

Did any of them break down in show bizzy tears?

I didn't watch it.

Ok, I briefly channel hopped, when the ads came on Country House Rescue.

Personally I couldn't give two hoots which leader has the most charisma, who had the sweatiest upper lip, or who develops a facial tic when under pressure.

Much more interesting, than this Americanised talent contest, is what is in each party's manifesto.

Content, rather than surface fluff.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 23:53   #35
Give, give, give member

I probably would have tuned in to see Brown and Cameron do a Stavros Flatley routine, followed by Clegg doing a throaty, strangely geriatric, rendition of I Could Have Danced All Night.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 00:16   #36
Senior Member+

if only tony blair had this in 1997.

he would've given us a tap dance routine too.
Old 16-04-2010, 00:22   #37
Senior Member+

didnt even bother with it, dont know whether this was a good idea or not........
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 00:23   #38
Senior Member+

didnt even bother with it, dont know whether this was a good idea or not........
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 00:55   #39
God Member

Cameron or (AKA main skag dealer at Eton) talked rubbish ..he got hammered!

Last edited by Mancie; 16-04-2010 at 01:03.
Old 16-04-2010, 01:46   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
how times change.. the tories now propose to dump the British nuclear defence when Iran, India, Korea and China are upgrading their nuclear weapons.. good policy or not?
Of course it's good policy. If the time ever comes that those things have to be used, the world as we know it will already starting its journey down the celestial toilet, and the fat lady will be into her second aria.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 03:20   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
one correction , Iran does not have nuclear weapons , both India and Pakistan have the "bomb" don't see anyone complaining about this .....and lets not get into the Israeli bomb ....... funny how the "West" and its bought and paid for whore politicians for never complain about this .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 05:14   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
one correction , Iran does not have nuclear weapons , both India and Pakistan have the "bomb" don't see anyone complaining about this .....and lets not get into the Israeli bomb ....... funny how the "West" and its bought and paid for whore politicians for never complain about this .
India's ok .... they got a lot of their early nuclear technology from us peace loving Canadians Talking of peaceful Canadians and their innocent pastimes; are you following the hockey?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 07:34   #43
Common Sense Member

I heard the first half hour on Radio 4 and my first impression was that David Cameron had been severely reined in by his Google Page Ranking boys although by 9pm he was clearly champing at the bit to attack someone.

Gordon Brown came across as an erudite speaker who knew his stuff was very clear about where he wanted to go with Great Britain.

Nick Clegg couldn't help but look good as it's the biggest exposure he's ever had on national television. To be fair to him, it wasn't as much waffle and 'Britain needs change, we can offer change without being specific' guff as I expected.

Of course, it could all have degenerated into a big fight after I switched off but I didn't have the opportunity to find out.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 08:13   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

as far as Cleggs NO Neuclear stance goes, i think that is stupid, back in 60s i was "Anti Neuclear" even went on C.N.D. march one year, my view has changed, down to the simple fact, the world has, these days too many unstable governments have these weapons, other nutter are trying to aquire them, if things are too be believed, think it would be totally stupid fer us not to have em n these goons have, much as i dislike em.
Old 16-04-2010, 08:22   #45
Full Member+

Only six million viewers tuned in when the gloomiest prediction was twelve million. Cameron was poor, Clegg was in dreamland and Brown was pretty much as expected....dour. Thing is , what was everybody else watching cos there was naff all else on ?
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..