Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2010, 11:43   #151
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: the BIG three tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
This time it was difficult to decide who came out best,however like Camerons policy in terms of the 8,ooo pounds to pay for your care in later life if you require it to protect what you have worked for all your life.
yeh when you have said worked all yer life, PAID national insurance, hardly been a drain on the health service, which many aint, thats a real bargain.
Old 23-04-2010, 12:58   #152
God Member

wasnt it the tories that made people sell tehir homes to pay for care in teh first place despite people paying NI all tehir lives and tax ?

mind you if thats the case labour havnt changed anything while they have been in power so there both just as bad

£8000 wouldnt last long either because the last time i heard how much a care home costs per week for a resident it was around the £500 mark so after a few months somone would be required to still sell tehir home and spend all tehir savings etc that they had worked all tehir lives for to leave somthing for their children.

some may not agree but i think if you need to go into a care home the govenment should pay for it and not punish people for been sensible with tehir money i just find it wrong that somone who has never worked or paid any contributions can go straight into a care home paid for by teh govenment yet somone who has been productive in society,paid NI and taxes and been sensible with their money shoudl have to resort to guessing when they will die and signing all their possesions over to tehir children 7 years before tehir death to avoid loosing everything they worked hard for paying for either care homes or loosing most of it in inheritance tax

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 23-04-2010 at 13:04.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2010, 16:08   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
wasnt it the tories that made people sell tehir homes to pay for care in teh first place despite people paying NI all tehir lives and tax ?

mind you if thats the case labour havnt changed anything while they have been in power so there both just as bad

£8000 wouldnt last long either because the last time i heard how much a care home costs per week for a resident it was around the £500 mark so after a few months somone would be required to still sell tehir home and spend all tehir savings etc that they had worked all tehir lives for to leave somthing for their children.

some may not agree but i think if you need to go into a care home the govenment should pay for it and not punish people for been sensible with tehir money i just find it wrong that somone who has never worked or paid any contributions can go straight into a care home paid for by teh govenment yet somone who has been productive in society,paid NI and taxes and been sensible with their money shoudl have to resort to guessing when they will die and signing all their possesions over to tehir children 7 years before tehir death to avoid loosing everything they worked hard for paying for either care homes or loosing most of it in inheritance tax
This seven years you have discussed is not water tight now and under the present government they would take all your money. I believe your care should be free as it is in Scotland however what im trying to say is that at least paying 8.ooo means you will never after contribute anymore if it runs out in the time you need care, kind of an insurance policy so you can leave your home or income to your loved ones.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2010, 16:33   #154
God Member

With the retirement age raised to 70
...and the population being dosed with 'cholestrol reducing' and 'blood pressure reducing' drugs (whether they are sick or not),
...and the lowering of the nutritional value of food,
...and the restriction of access to alternative/natural medicine,

I seriously doubt that there will be many who will live long enough to get their £8000 worth of care, or even draw a retirement pension
....and I think that the government realise this.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2010, 16:39   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
With the retirement age raised to 70
...and the population being dosed with 'cholestrol reducing' and 'blood pressure reducing' drugs (whether they are sick or not),
...and the lowering of the nutritional value of food,
...and the restriction of access to alternative/natural medicine,

I seriously doubt that there will be many who will live long enough to get their £8000 worth of care, or even draw a retirement pension
....and I think that the government realise this.
Its predicted that their will be an massive increase in people with dementia and these types of conditions with people living longer also early on-set of these dis-orders.
Old 23-04-2010, 16:42   #156
God Member

Quote:
Its predicted that their will be an massive increase in people with dementia and these types of conditions with people living longer also early on-set of these dis-orders.
So they want to scare you into parting with £8000, when many will die from pharmacutical drug induced illness before they reach the dementia stage.

It's just a con named eugenics

Old 23-04-2010, 16:43   #157

Its already happening now people are becoming younger with early on-set of these dis-orders.
Old 23-04-2010, 16:49   #158
God Member

Quote:
Its already happening now people are becoming younger with early on-set of these dis-orders.
Perhaps you may want to edit that
..it appears that dementia is the elixir of youth

Poor diet, pharma drugs, pollution, cause most dementia
....the very things that are being inflicted on society
....old age does not send you gaga

Old 23-04-2010, 16:50   #159

Quote:
So they want to scare you into parting with £8000, when many will die from pharmacutical drug induced illness before they reach the dementia stage.

It's just a con named eugenics
Possibly you are correct on this count however i still believe that paying the 8,ooo is a small price to pay for long term care against paying possibly thousands of pounds that you have worked hard for all your life. Still believe it should be free and we should look after our elderly in this country, and when your paying 500 pounds per week it would soon eat into your hard earned money.Under this present government they would take all your money, it doesnt seem a fair system by far to me.
Old 23-04-2010, 16:52   #160

Quote:
Perhaps you may want to edit that
..it appears that dementia is the elixir of youth

Poor diet, pharma drugs, pollution, cause most dementia
....the very things that are being inflicted on society
....old age does not send you gaga
Many forms are hereditary.
Old 23-04-2010, 16:54   #161
God Member

Quote:
Many forms are hereditary.
..and of course you believe that
..because they need you to

Old 23-04-2010, 16:56   #162

Quote:
..and of course you believe that
..because they need you to
Its fact, just has heart disease,breast cancer etc.
Old 23-04-2010, 17:02   #163
God Member

The inheritance factor is propounded by those who want to conceal the true causes.

Both my parents died of cancer, one related to steroid overprescribing, and the other from Sellafield radiation. I am avoiding both forms of poison.

Old 23-04-2010, 17:20   #164
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
It was the dour Private Frazer, played by John Laurie, who had that as his catchphrase.
Cheers. I stand corrected.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2010, 17:23   #165
God Member

Quote:
The inheritance factor is propounded by those who want to conceal the true causes.
you have spouted some crap but that is teh most ludricous comment i have ever seen you post infact a doctor that had teh same thoughts as you nearly cost me my life and my brothers beacuse if i hadnt had been diagnosed by a different doctor and sent to the genetics research hospital my brother wouldnt have been checked either

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 23-04-2010 at 17:27.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..