View Single Post
Old 23-04-2010, 16:08   #153
turkishdelight

Re: the BIG three tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
wasnt it the tories that made people sell tehir homes to pay for care in teh first place despite people paying NI all tehir lives and tax ?

mind you if thats the case labour havnt changed anything while they have been in power so there both just as bad

£8000 wouldnt last long either because the last time i heard how much a care home costs per week for a resident it was around the £500 mark so after a few months somone would be required to still sell tehir home and spend all tehir savings etc that they had worked all tehir lives for to leave somthing for their children.

some may not agree but i think if you need to go into a care home the govenment should pay for it and not punish people for been sensible with tehir money i just find it wrong that somone who has never worked or paid any contributions can go straight into a care home paid for by teh govenment yet somone who has been productive in society,paid NI and taxes and been sensible with their money shoudl have to resort to guessing when they will die and signing all their possesions over to tehir children 7 years before tehir death to avoid loosing everything they worked hard for paying for either care homes or loosing most of it in inheritance tax
This seven years you have discussed is not water tight now and under the present government they would take all your money. I believe your care should be free as it is in Scotland however what im trying to say is that at least paying 8.ooo means you will never after contribute anymore if it runs out in the time you need care, kind of an insurance policy so you can leave your home or income to your loved ones.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote