Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2010, 23:13   #196

Re: the BIG three tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Does that prove me point?
LOL thought you would say that when i read your post.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-04-2010, 23:27   #197
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
I believe it will now be a Conservative victory, think the Lib Dems will do very well too.Cant wait will be an interesting night.
If that were the case, likelyhood is a hung parliment, hopefully then Brown n Cameron will get the boot, if so British politics would be a much better place.
Old 29-04-2010, 23:41   #198
Common Sense Member

Quote:
I believe it will now be a Conservative victory, think the Lib Dems will do very well too.Cant wait will be an interesting night.
They might well just scrape a national victory but not enough of one to form a majority government.

Cameron's performance tonight simply highlighted the Tory inability to answer any question.

'Yes or no?'

'Yes or no?

'Yes or no?'

Anyone remember Michael Howard and Paxman? Nothing changes.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 23:42   #199
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

its not n inability Ken, its a Dare Not.
Old 29-04-2010, 23:54   #200
Common Sense Member

Liam Fox was just as bad on Question Time:

AUDIENCE: Are the three main parties planning to raise VAT?

BALLS: No.

AUDIENCE: Immediately after the election? You won't raise VAT?

BALLS: We're not planning to. I answered the question as it was asked.

A smarty pants answer which didn't go down too well, funnily enough.

Old 30-04-2010, 00:04   #201

I think Nick Gleggs policy on not paying tax until you earn 10,ooo is very good especially for the low earners,part-time workers.I believe he will pick up a lot of votes on this one also it will help people to feel that it is more beneficial to be in employment. I can understand low earners thinking that they may as well be on benefits if this was not in place because they are not encouraged to work as some are no better off,or worse off that has to be wrong. As we know their are a lot of low earners and part-time workers in this country.
Old 30-04-2010, 00:16   #202
Common Sense Member

The Lib Dem leader was on fine form again tonight and so was Vince Cable on Question Time.

I must point out that it's Nick Clegg and not Glegg. Makes him sound rather like a baker.

Old 30-04-2010, 00:24   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
The Lib Dem leader was on fine form again tonight and so was Vince Cable on Question Time.

I must point out that it's Nick Clegg and not Glegg. Makes him sound rather like a baker.
Cheers late night for me thats my excuse.
Old 30-04-2010, 01:54   #204
God Member

Quote:
I think Nick Gleggs policy on not paying tax until you earn 10,ooo is very good especially for the low earners,part-time workers.I believe he will pick up a lot of votes on this one also it will help people to feel that it is more beneficial to be in employment. I can understand low earners thinking that they may as well be on benefits if this was not in place because they are not encouraged to work as some are no better off,or worse off that has to be wrong. As we know their are a lot of low earners and part-time workers in this country.
So you'll be voting Liberal?..no need to answer
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2010, 07:43   #205
Senior Member+

Quote:
I like the idea too of the £10,000 basic tax allowance. The problems I find are that Tax Credits (bureaucratic) do actually target better those that need help and the cost to the taxpayer is less. Clegg said they would have to find the extra money.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2010, 08:07   #206
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

as well as funding the £10.000 tax relief.Clegg also stated about not supporting defence etc, in the north west alone 10.000 approx work in that field, god knows how many in country as a whole? they must have really enjoyed the thought that if yon ****** got in, chances are they will be on the dole.
Old 30-04-2010, 08:12   #207
God Member

Quote:
The 10,000£ threshold is a good ambition. Under the current economic climate it's simply not affordable though. The liberals know they won't win outright so they can offer policy like that to tease voters, which they'll never have to implement.

I'd almost say Brown was better than Clegg last night. He sounded like a one trick pony. Plague on all your houses doesn't work third time round. He just looked silly for trying it.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2010, 08:25   #208
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
thought gordon brown won tonight but the tory press had cameron in front cameron and clegg the tax credit snatchers
Must admit i watched this one, and i thought Brown came out the best of the 3 also. However the polls and the papers tell me otherwise....ah well just shows what i know doesn't it!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2010, 08:41   #209
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Must admit i watched this one, and i thought Brown came out the best of the 3 also. However the polls and the papers tell me otherwise....ah well just shows what i know doesn't it!!

Best Regards - Taggy
not really mate, just tells ya many knobheads are dazzled by style rather n substance, still whats new.
Old 30-04-2010, 08:56   #210
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
not really mate, just tells ya many knobheads are dazzled by style rather n substance, still whats new.
Yep i've a feeling your right Cashy, i wonder if a lot of the current opinions are also being influenced perhaps by a younger generation, via sites such as Facebook and Twitter, and are also responding to the glib soundbytes of perhaps more the media savvy and Younger Cameron & Clegg?

The way these debates have been structured its still very easy for the slick one liner or an attack on another Party to divert the attention, and help the leaders avoid answering the specific concerns of the public. It should have been done in a different way, with the public being allowed to challenge and grill the leaders on the answers they were giving. I found the whole thing very frustrating really, and havn't learn't a thing i didn't know before....not that i really expected to!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..