Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-02-2011, 11:02   #76
Give, give, give member

Re: The glorious leader must live!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Ruby Murray.
By the way, she isn't really called Ruby Murray.

Though similar to enjoying a curry, afterwards, she probably had been responsible for Berlusconi having the squits.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-02-2011, 11:05   #77
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
so he'll still get paid but just not as much?
It will be a collossal decrease. He'll still get his £4,500 standard councillor allowance, £10k or so for being a county councillor and presumably a Leader of the Opposition allowance of around £7k so he'll still be able to live but he won't get the £21k that he afforded himself for being Leader. Miles Parkinson is almost guaranteed to take over that exalted position.

It all depends on what a new controlling group would do to allowances and from discussions within the Labour group which have been going on for some time I can tell you that the pickings will not be quite so rich following a change of control.

Some allowances will be abolished altogether such as most of the vice-chairs of committees but allowances across the board will be reduced. At the moment there is some silly money being paid, ostensibly for positions on committees which do not appear to have met for some time.

Time for reform.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 18:00   #78
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Yes, that's li'l Moroccan Ruby Murray.

Who likes to be known as a 'belly dancer', rather than a little 'ho, who accepts 7,000 euro 'presents' from someone old enough to be her grandad.
Oh it looks like you've really got your hand on the pulse here G, you know exactly what oud Berny over it Italy is getting up to and with who
Old 18-02-2011, 18:09   #79
Resting in Peace

I got a little surprise this lunchtime (it was a big one really) I received a phone call from the Leader of HBC, informing me of his little slip up, I think my reply was something like ya bloody clown, who's doing your Google Page Ranking, because they ain't doing a very good job, I also pointed out that no matter what he says now you can't unsay what you've said, and funny enough I had some one to back up just what I said as accyman was sat on my settee at the time
Old 18-02-2011, 18:21   #80
JCB

Quote:
By the way, she isn't really called Ruby Murray.
A beautiful singer , with her first number one in 1955 called Softly Softly .

Last edited by Neil; 18-02-2011 at 20:25. Reason: fix quote
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 18:34   #81
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I got a little surprise this lunchtime (it was a big one really) I received a phone call from the Leader of HBC, informing me of his little slip up, I think my reply was something like ya bloody clown, who's doing your Google Page Ranking, because they ain't doing a very good job, I also pointed out that no matter what he says now you can't unsay what you've said, and funny enough I had some one to back up just what I said as accyman was sat on my settee at the time
I just heard about this worried call.

From the person visiting you at the time.

Old 18-02-2011, 18:37   #82
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Tell him to phone me.

I could have him up there with Mother Theresa, by this time in May, if his P.R. was handed over to me.

I don't come cheap, mind.

Old 18-02-2011, 18:39   #83
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Tell him to phone me.

I could have him up there with Mother Theresa, by this time in May, if his P.R. was handed over to me.

So I've heard
Old 18-02-2011, 18:42   #84
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Tell him to phone me.

Like Mother Teresa, by this time in May, I didn't realise Jesus had come back to earth and was performing miracles G, you've kept that very secretive mate
Old 18-02-2011, 19:57   #85
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Someone musta told him about the article in the National Newspaper.?
Old 18-02-2011, 20:04   #86
God Member

Quote:

Did you mention the bogs ?
Old 18-02-2011, 20:14   #87
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Like Mother Teresa, by this time in May, I didn't realise Jesus had come back to earth and was performing miracles G, you've kept that very secretive mate
You don't need miracles, to get someone out of their naughty habits

and to start putting a sock in it.

Old 18-02-2011, 20:21   #88
God Member

now would be an ideal time to do a u-turn on the toilet situation and get all the bad decisions out of the way in one go

thats my P.R advice

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 20:30   #89
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
now would be an ideal time to do a u-turn on the toilet situation and get all the bad decisions out of the way in one go

thats my P.R advice
A U-turn on the toilet could create a terrible mess.

Old 18-02-2011, 21:36   #90
God Member

Quote:
A U-turn on the toilet could create a terrible mess.
yes but then we would all be in it together

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..