Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   The glorious leader must live! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/the-glorious-leader-must-live-56863.html)

Tealeaf 17-02-2011 15:59

The glorious leader must live!

It would appear that Councillor Britcliffe,LM, is not a happy bunny with a proposal for councillors allowances to be slightly reduced. £43K is simply not enough to live on in Ossy.

Leading Lancashire Tory councillor rejects allowances cut (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Still, I suppose he'll have no option after the May elections.

Should we post our condolences now?

accyman 17-02-2011 16:04

Re: The glorious leader must live!

im sure those loosing their jobs within the council who also need to live will agree with his refusal to ease the burden on the councils budget infact i imagine many voulentered redundacy to ensure he could continue to live to the standard he has become acustomed to at our expense.

i suppose there is good news for the people of ossy which is that with the elections been in may a few potholes will get filled around april

cashman 17-02-2011 16:12

The comments on this article say all thats needs saying about this man.:rolleyes:

garinda 17-02-2011 16:14

'And the Lib Dem proposing it admitted the move would be ‘purely symbolic’ and aimed at generating positive press coverage.'

“It is purely symbolic with no great savings, but it would provide a headline.'

Leading Lancashire Tory councillor rejects allowances cut (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Besides the actual weighty salary/expenses package, all he seems to have done is objected to taking part in some political spin. Meant to appease the public, and not save much money.

accyman 17-02-2011 16:15

its a good job he dosnt rely on payment for appearances in the press for a living he hardly seems to be in the press these days and some other woman it seems is been pushed forward as oswaldtwistles saviour and taking his place in the limelight

accyman 17-02-2011 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 884321)
'And the Lib Dem proposing it admitted the move would be ‘purely symbolic’ and aimed at generating positive press coverage.'

“It is purely symbolic with no great savings, but it would provide a headline.'

Besides the actual weighty salary/expenses package, all he seems to have done is objected to taking part in some political spin. Meant to appease the public, and not save much money.

it would take a lot more than a paycut to appease me after waking up to find that calendar on my floor.I thought it was the grimm reapers to do list

garinda 17-02-2011 16:17

I agree though, in these tough times, even if no great savings would have been made, it would have shown a little solidarity with those whose pay is frozen, or indeed fallen, and that's the lucky ones, who have jobs.

Less 17-02-2011 16:29

I've seen him get better press coverage, but somehow I suspect he may regret putting his greed before duty.

We all have to live, I think we could all live more comfortably knowing that our leader is willing to make cuts himself rather than just dump the whole thing on genuine Council workers.

Oh sorry allow me to apologise, I seem to remember someone on here mentioned a cut in the buttie budget, so there is his sacrifice.
I bet those losing their jobs always paid for and made up their own sandwiches, their loyalty to the Borough aught to be remembered.

Perhaps all those being made redundant, (voluntary or otherwise), should be given the freedom of the Borough? Or maybe, we could get a primary school somewhere to make each one a medal from tin foil and yellow painted cardboard to simulate a medal of rememberance for each of them?

Surely he could organise that before he leaves in May?

:mad:

yerself 17-02-2011 16:36

I wonder if Maggie's seen this comment on the article?

pinkfairyone, Burnley says...
1:48pm Thu 17 Feb 11
"He's a reptilian... Notice how his eyes are black "

garinda 17-02-2011 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 884333)
I wonder if Maggie's seen this comment on the article?

pinkfairyone, Burnley says...
1:48pm Thu 17 Feb 11
"He's a reptilian... Notice how his eyes are black "

Glorious celebrations are planned for Hyndburn, to commemerate the royal wedding on April 29th.

Which strangely happens to be the birthday of this silly cult...

David Icke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think the end draws nigh.

Perhaps we should party...whilst we still can.

:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

lancsdave 17-02-2011 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 884331)
We all have to live
:mad:

Yep, even us retailers who are having their trade diverted by power mad councillors feathering their own nest :mad::mad::mad::mad:

garinda 17-02-2011 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 884335)
Glorious celebrations are planned for Hyndburn, to commemerate the royal wedding on April 29th.

Which strangely happens to be the birthday of this silly cult...

David Icke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think the end draws nigh.

At the heart of his theories lies the idea that a secret group of reptilian humanoids called the Babylonian Brotherhood controls humanity, and that many prominent figures are reptilian, including George W. Bush, Queen Elizabeth II, Kris Kristofferson, and Boxcar Willie.[3]

Doomed.

Doomed.

We're all doomed!

All makes sense now.

The local lizard leader, wanting to throw a party to celebrate the wedding of H.R.H. Queen of Reptile's grandson.

:eek::D:eek:

Less 17-02-2011 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 884335)

I had considered:-
YouTube - Engelbert Humperdinck - The Last Waltz

But this is how he should leave the party:-

YouTube - Frank Sinatra My Way

Margaret Pilkington 17-02-2011 17:37

He is an odious little man who is paid a very generous amount for doing not a lot.

How he has the nerve to make such a comment when he is happy to see employees scrimping and scaping to get by, is beyond comprehension.

They will hear me cheer in Timbuktu when he finally falls off his glittering perch(and takes his chuffing medal with him).......or should I say, when he is knocked off it by some other local politician. That day can't come soon enough.

jaysay 17-02-2011 17:45

I heard about this before I came on here from another Accywebber, when he told me what Peter had said I was totally dumbfounded, what a totally crass statement, I still can't believe anybody could actually be so bloody stupid, well I think my friend will have to make do with considerably less from May 6th onwards:(:(:(