Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2011, 15:59   #1
God Member

The glorious leader must live!

It would appear that Councillor Britcliffe,LM, is not a happy bunny with a proposal for councillors allowances to be slightly reduced. £43K is simply not enough to live on in Ossy.

Leading Lancashire Tory councillor rejects allowances cut (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Still, I suppose he'll have no option after the May elections.

Should we post our condolences now?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-02-2011, 16:04   #2
God Member

Re: The glorious leader must live!

im sure those loosing their jobs within the council who also need to live will agree with his refusal to ease the burden on the councils budget infact i imagine many voulentered redundacy to ensure he could continue to live to the standard he has become acustomed to at our expense.

i suppose there is good news for the people of ossy which is that with the elections been in may a few potholes will get filled around april

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 17-02-2011 at 16:09.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 16:12   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The comments on this article say all thats needs saying about this man.
Old 17-02-2011, 16:14   #4
Give, give, give member

'And the Lib Dem proposing it admitted the move would be ‘purely symbolic’ and aimed at generating positive press coverage.'

“It is purely symbolic with no great savings, but it would provide a headline.'

Leading Lancashire Tory councillor rejects allowances cut (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Besides the actual weighty salary/expenses package, all he seems to have done is objected to taking part in some political spin. Meant to appease the public, and not save much money.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 16:15   #5
God Member

its a good job he dosnt rely on payment for appearances in the press for a living he hardly seems to be in the press these days and some other woman it seems is been pushed forward as oswaldtwistles saviour and taking his place in the limelight

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 17-02-2011, 16:17   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
'And the Lib Dem proposing it admitted the move would be ‘purely symbolic’ and aimed at generating positive press coverage.'

“It is purely symbolic with no great savings, but it would provide a headline.'

Besides the actual weighty salary/expenses package, all he seems to have done is objected to taking part in some political spin. Meant to appease the public, and not save much money.
it would take a lot more than a paycut to appease me after waking up to find that calendar on my floor.I thought it was the grimm reapers to do list

Old 17-02-2011, 16:17   #7
Give, give, give member

I agree though, in these tough times, even if no great savings would have been made, it would have shown a little solidarity with those whose pay is frozen, or indeed fallen, and that's the lucky ones, who have jobs.

Last edited by garinda; 17-02-2011 at 16:22.
Old 17-02-2011, 16:29   #8
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I've seen him get better press coverage, but somehow I suspect he may regret putting his greed before duty.

We all have to live, I think we could all live more comfortably knowing that our leader is willing to make cuts himself rather than just dump the whole thing on genuine Council workers.

Oh sorry allow me to apologise, I seem to remember someone on here mentioned a cut in the buttie budget, so there is his sacrifice.
I bet those losing their jobs always paid for and made up their own sandwiches, their loyalty to the Borough aught to be remembered.

Perhaps all those being made redundant, (voluntary or otherwise), should be given the freedom of the Borough? Or maybe, we could get a primary school somewhere to make each one a medal from tin foil and yellow painted cardboard to simulate a medal of rememberance for each of them?

Surely he could organise that before he leaves in May?

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 16:36   #9
God Member

I wonder if Maggie's seen this comment on the article?

pinkfairyone, Burnley says...
1:48pm Thu 17 Feb 11
"He's a reptilian... Notice how his eyes are black "

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 16:43   #10
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
I wonder if Maggie's seen this comment on the article?

pinkfairyone, Burnley says...
1:48pm Thu 17 Feb 11
"He's a reptilian... Notice how his eyes are black "
Glorious celebrations are planned for Hyndburn, to commemerate the royal wedding on April 29th.

Which strangely happens to be the birthday of this silly cult...

David Icke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think the end draws nigh.

Perhaps we should party...whilst we still can.

Old 17-02-2011, 16:55   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
We all have to live
Yep, even us retailers who are having their trade diverted by power mad councillors feathering their own nest
Old 17-02-2011, 16:57   #12
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Glorious celebrations are planned for Hyndburn, to commemerate the royal wedding on April 29th.

Which strangely happens to be the birthday of this silly cult...

David Icke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think the end draws nigh.

At the heart of his theories lies the idea that a secret group of reptilian humanoids called the Babylonian Brotherhood controls humanity, and that many prominent figures are reptilian, including George W. Bush, Queen Elizabeth II, Kris Kristofferson, and Boxcar Willie.[3]

Doomed.

Doomed.

We're all doomed!

All makes sense now.

The local lizard leader, wanting to throw a party to celebrate the wedding of H.R.H. Queen of Reptile's grandson.

Old 17-02-2011, 17:00   #13
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:

I had considered:-

But this is how he should leave the party:-

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 17:37   #14
Beacon of light

He is an odious little man who is paid a very generous amount for doing not a lot.

How he has the nerve to make such a comment when he is happy to see employees scrimping and scaping to get by, is beyond comprehension.

They will hear me cheer in Timbuktu when he finally falls off his glittering perch(and takes his chuffing medal with him).......or should I say, when he is knocked off it by some other local politician. That day can't come soon enough.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 17:45   #15
Resting in Peace

I heard about this before I came on here from another Accywebber, when he told me what Peter had said I was totally dumbfounded, what a totally crass statement, I still can't believe anybody could actually be so bloody stupid, well I think my friend will have to make do with considerably less from May 6th onwards

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..