Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2014, 11:16   #91
Senior Member+

Re: The Labour Gravy Train

What is jack straws son's first name?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-05-2014, 11:27   #92
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Lucky?
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 16:29   #93
JCB

Quote:
Will .

If you are interested in the pedigree of politicians , Labour M.P. Tony Benn's ( alias Anthony Wedgwood Benn) father was the Labour M.P. William Wedgwood Benn . Tony Benn's son is the Labour M.P. Hilary James Wedgwood Benn. Tony Benn's granddaughter is Emily Sophia Wedgwood Benn , not a Labour M.P. but an unsuccessful Labour Parliamentary candidate in 2010 . She was the youngest Parliamentary Candidate at the 2010 General Election .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 14:51   #94
God Member

Quote:
not sure but his favourite dwarf is dope-y

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 16:07   #95
God Member

I just found DAVOO7's membership card.

DAVO.jpg

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 17:00   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
it isn't apathy that has caused a drop in voting numbers, but the fact that the population feel that they cannot influence events by their vote......making democracy non existent.
i agree somewhat because what good is the current system if you look at a candidates prommises and listen to what he has to say only for him to do the exact opposite of what you voted him in for and have to wait 5 years for your chance to do something about it in which time the majority forget how he screwed them over

oops where i have put "him" i should have put "him/her" as there are of course female crooked people also.I cant imagine why "him" stuck in my mind when thinking of people who lie to the voter.

there needs to be a system in place where MPs can be ejected from their position with imidiate effect and forced to pay back wages earned as a MP and expenses so that they cant simply crawl up their leaders arse and vote how their leader says to vote and not the peoples wishes

these people are only accountable to fellow crooked people its about time they were accountable to the people they shoudl be accountable to and that is the people
pallyman likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 24-05-2014, 10:24   #97
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
What a load of rubbish.

95% of people according to those surveyed by Populus don't put Europe as an important issue. That there was a case therefore for a referendum on a the issues the public rated more important. Sensible points.

I said I didn't bother about it. That I was easy on a referendum. You'll find Labour MPs for and Labour MPs against in their public comments. At the moment a vote came were in a euro zone crises and everyone agreed against a referendum. Common sense again given the circumstances.

I also said that we would vote to stay in. Latest opinion polls are confirming that with the dont knows moving to 'in'. Sky's recent poll was to stay in.
Oh dear, not a good thing taking notice of populus surveys, or any other fer that matter Graham, yeh would be well advised taking more notice of ordinary people, The E.U. n Immigration are the main issues, to most ordinary folk i have spoken too in the last couple of years, Yer 95% is utter rubbish, as is yer Leader, who i see as arrogant n self serving, If yesterdays vote dont make the big 3 wake up n smell the coffee, sod all will!!!
Old 24-05-2014, 11:07   #98
JCB

Don't forget the 1989 elections for the European Parliament .

Yesterday in the local elections UKIP got 17% of the national vote .

In 1989 in the Euro elections the Green Party got 15% of the national vote , and where are they now ?

We have seen all this before in various forms .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2014, 11:13   #99
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
Don't forget the 1989 elections for the European Parliament .

Yesterday in the local elections UKIP got 17% of the national vote .

In 1989 in the Euro elections the Green Party got 15% of the national vote , and where are they now ?

We have seen all this before in various forms .
Well aware of that, also aware local votes dont normally transfer into General votes, But UKIP are a different animal in my view, They are saying what many want to hear,but the big 3 aint got the balls to say, watch this space is my opinion. If the 3 dont get their acts together in next 12 months.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 24-05-2014, 11:18   #100
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well aware of that, also aware local votes dont normally transfer into General votes, But UKIP are a different animal in my view, They are saying what many want to hear,but the big 3 aint got the balls to say, watch this space is my opinion.
yep The green party wanted cars banning and for us all to wear hemp clothing and i think they blamed cows farts for tHE declining ozone layer and suggested we should be vegitarians or somat.

to be honest they lost me at getting rid of cars and taxing the hell out of fuel even more to stop us using cars

Old 26-05-2014, 12:24   #101
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
They are busy arguing with each other in the only Green controlled local council Brighton & Hove. Have a google and a read about the mess they have made of that. Some of the Green councillors were even protesting about what the Green council were doing.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..