Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree194Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-10-2016, 10:34   #181
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: The Swarm!

Apparently (again) the Jungle is to be completely demolished starting tomorrow (Mon 24 Oct) Mongsewer 'Ollande is getting serious & righting the wrongs inflicted upon the people of the Republic! (nothing to do with an upcoming election then? Plus the lily livered politicoes are filling their pants at the rise of the Le Pens popularity).

I'm really hoping they see this through although I'm somewhat concerned that traitor May & her sycophantic sidekick Amber Dud have been doing sly backhanded deals with the treasonous "Vichy Frogs". How else can the acceptance of these rather mature "Children", flooding so rapidly, in such numbers & without thorough checks into the UK be reasoned away?

Added to that it seems some of the "Great unwashed" lefty, self loathing, British hating useful Idiots, are heading over the water to assist their "Gimmegrant" friends against those evil fascist/Nazi/racist ad nausea, Froggy Police & Military who will be doing their job come the morrow.

Anarchists from Britain protest refugee camp's demolition in Calais | UK | News | Daily Express

Personally I hope the Froggies beat seven bells out of these traitorous degenerates, sling 'em in a Froggy nick & lose the keys! One can only hope.
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 23-10-2016, 11:25   #182
Beacon of light

I don't think it is Theresa May per se at fault here. I think it is those over the water who interpret the rules and the fact that they are unwilling to use proper methods to determine the age of thes 'children'....who asked for Razors on landing here(allegedly).
There is general suspicion about those arriving because there is little transparency.....we cannot now see who is landing here, but they aren't carrying dollies and teddies.

As to those who go over to Calais to support these illegal immigrants.... I don't think there is much chance of your dreams being realised.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2016, 11:51   #183
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I don't think it is Theresa May per se at fault here.
Oh I don't know Ma, there's a definitive effluvia whiff in the air here of corrupted morals. So far May has talked the talk, but there's as yet no physical substance to her righteous prattle & how often has that been the premise of deceitful lying politicoes to date?

Pish & wind comes to mind, which doesn't to my mind equate to the much preferred maxim of "Actions speak louder than words" & until that happens .....
Old 23-10-2016, 12:11   #184
Beacon of light

Yes, talk is cheap...actions are what tell us how the land lies...but she has stopped Sir Jeremy Whatsis face(Heywood, his name escaped me for a moment) from attending cabinet meetings and he was the most senior civil servant in DC's government, and he(allegedly) did the underhand stuff......so I think his influence has been somewhat neutered...also Theresa May seems to be brooking no dissent from toadies like Philip Hammond and other politicians who would do much to slow down the progress on leaving the EU. She wants to do it her way and in her own time.....the French want to push her, which in my book, is as good a reason as any NOT to be hurried
She has had 101 days in office...which is not a long time in politics.......I will wait and see.
hilleluk likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 23-10-2016 at 12:13.
Old 29-10-2016, 07:06   #185
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Deary me, seems the enrichers still aren't happy with their lot in life, their sense of entitlement is truly disgusting, apparently you can take the ingrates out of the jungle & they're still ingrates ..... just somewhere else!

And the lefties & luvvies want more of this? Absolute idiocy!

Migrants say France is racist and they want to come to Britain | UK | News | Daily Express

As to the comment from A-mad-rat-man,

“I do not want to stay here in France. Nor does any Afghan I know. The cows in the field are cared for better than us.”

Possibly because they're at least productive, useful & inoffensive.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:18   #186
God Member

Looks like we're taking in our own swarm over the next few years.

Canada to open door to more skilled workers, immigrant families in 2017 - Politics - CBC News
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:36   #187
God Member

Hey ... I just had a serious thought, even tho' it's only 7am. Here I am, cooking bacon for my munchkin, and thinking that there might be folks over there, maybe relatives, who are looking to make a new life for themselves. Canada is looking for skilled trades and anyone in health care. Life is good over here. Just ask DiG

And you won't have much problem with language (unless you opt for la belle province). We speak a form of English that is easy to catch onto. You'll recognize the face on our coins. Canadians tend to be easy going, friendly, and accepting. Best advice is: try to fit in; it ain't that hard. Get into watching hockey. Drink Tim Hortons coffee ... double dnouble. The beer is good, and so is the wine and whiskey. Food is great, but a little different. Food also tends to reflect our multi-cultural society ... no doubt you are used to that For anyone interested in a little adventurous change, check it out. Serious.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:27   #188
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Aye eric skilled trade being the sensible option, wouldn't mind betting Canada vets immigrants far better than the numptiews here do also,?
Eric likes this.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:48   #189
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
wouldn't mind betting Canada vets immigrants far better than the numptiews here do also,?
We sure do. But why not? As soon as immigrants land, they have access to all the benefits Canadians have ... apart from the vote. That ain't something we just give away out of the kindness of our hearts. You have to bring something valuable with you. A skill that is in demand here: carpenters, electricians, plumbers, pipe fitters, tool and die makers, doctors, nurses etc. Anything in high tech. Fluency in one of our official languages is a big plus. That lets you out For an English speaker, some knowledge of French is a bonus. Don't forget that more than 8 million Canadians speak French as their first language. Met lots of expats over here. Yet to meet one who regrets the move.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:18   #190
Beacon of light

If I were of working age it would be a serious consideration....Though I cannot speak French and have a strong aversion to anything French.
I reckon Canada or Australia would be favourite destinations.
Old 01-11-2016, 15:40   #191
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
If I were of working age it would be a serious consideration....Though I cannot speak French and have a strong aversion to anything French.
I reckon Canada or Australia would be favourite destinations.
They're not the frogs that you run into; just Canadians who speak French ... like our PM
Old 01-11-2016, 16:09   #192
Beacon of light

I appreciate that Eric, but I cannot see beyond the French language and the resentful way that the French have directed against us since they were pulled out of the mire that was WWII.
I know, I know....it is water under the bridge, but I am set in my ways and find changing these attitudes is really hard.
Perhaps it is a good job I am too old to relocate.
Old 01-11-2016, 16:24   #193
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Eric i did apply and get a job in Canada early 70s, but had to give backword. circumstances conspired against me sadly.
Old 01-11-2016, 16:48   #194
Beacon of light

Likewise Cashy. We applied to emigrate to Oz....It would probably be 71/72....but I got cold feet.
Old 01-11-2016, 18:19   #195
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Let's face it, everyone has to be somewhere, 95% of the time I'm happy being in Accy and it's surrounding districts.

What I seem forced to object to is strangers put in my midst, those in power make selfless rulings on humanity grounds...

...but is it them that has to live with, and put up with...

... The swarm?

No, it's the common folk that always have to mix, make allowances, lose their way of life.

The people in charge hide behind exclusive gates they don't allow us, never mind immigrants into their parlour, until they do, why should we be expected to accept their trash?

Last edited by Less; 01-11-2016 at 18:21.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..