Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree194Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2016, 18:46   #166
God Member

Re: The Swarm!

As a friend of mine from a continent East of Europe asked, " Whose fault is it, their's for trying it on or Britain's for letting them get away with it?"
cashman, DaveinGermany and gpick24 like this.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-10-2016, 18:48   #167
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
As a friend of mine from a continent East of Europe asked, " Whose fault is it, their's for trying it on or Britain's for letting them get away with it?"
Yer friend knows the score @ so do any Brit with an I.Q.above 12.
Old 20-10-2016, 18:52   #168
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
What did you expect them to be wearing M upmarket stoneage pelts?

You can't blame them for trying it on,under the circumstances,most folk would try on it for the chance of a better life...wouldn't they?
More hatred being whipped up by the media imo
No it isn't hatred whipped up by the media at all.

These are NOT children, so it undermines the idea that children are being assisted out of the camp. These are men who have destroyed their documentation in order to get into the UK. We know nothing of their backgrounds or their motives.....this increases unrest and suspicion and it does nothing at all to alleviate the suffering of true asylum seekers.....and while we are on the subject of those seeking asylum....Asylum seekers are required to seek citizenship of the FIRST non hostile country where landfall occurs.
These men have not abided by these rules so it is clear that they will not be keen to follow the laws of this land.
Many of these men have a strong distaste for western life.....so why do they want to come here.
It does not take much intelligence to say why they come here.
hilleluk likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2016, 18:54   #169
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It does not take much intelligence to say why they come here.
Exactly why accyx dont grasp it.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 20-10-2016, 18:59   #170
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
It is the fault of the UK governments and the bleeding heart liberals who believe that we can take all and sundry....even those who harbour hostile intentions towards the country.

Many of those who are supposed to be seeking asylum are not true asylum seekers, they are economic migrants and there are proper channels by which they can gain access to residency, but they do not want to follow the rules and regulations.
No one blames people who want to make a better life....but these people need to go through the proper channels laid down for such things.....if they do not do this then we must suspect that they will not follow other rules in this country.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 20-10-2016, 19:05   #171
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Exactly why accyx dont grasp it.
I would think anyone of minimal intelligence could grasp the reasons why they want to come here.
I do not think Jason is too dumb to grasp it.....maybe he believes the hogwash that these males ARE children.
I do not believe it.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 20-10-2016, 19:09   #172
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I would think anyone of minimal intelligence could grasp the reasons why they want to come here.
I do not think Jason is too dumb to grasp it.....maybe he believes the hogwash that these males ARE children.
I do not believe it.
Sorry if he even suspects they were children he is dumb simple as.
Barrie Yates and hilleluk like this.
Old 21-10-2016, 08:22   #173
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I'd agree the lads not dumb, just part of the overwhelming problem caused by whiny leftist woolly thinkers, their fluffy bunny & millennial snowflake thinking has no grasp of the nasty harsh reality of the world that the rest of us fight with daily.
Old 21-10-2016, 09:37   #174
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
I'd agree the lads not dumb, just part of the overwhelming problem caused by whiny leftist woolly thinkers, their fluffy bunny & millennial snowflake thinking has no grasp of the nasty harsh reality of the world that the rest of us fight with daily.
Not dumb, he always reminds me of Tweedledee.
Quote:
'Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, 'if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
Through the Looking Glass, by Lewis Carroll
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2016, 10:23   #175
Beacon of light

I think some people(and I am not suggesting that Jason is one of them) feel that it is not politically correct to challenge these loony luvvies. You know the ones I mean Dominic Cumbersome(ok, I know that is not his name)Lily Allen( whose star is waning but has a new album out soon...)those who wish to raise their own profile and feel that this humanitarian cause is as good as any.
Those like Yvette Cooper who said they would take in refugees....but as yet these are just words.....and they don't cut the mustard.

These people are not going to be affected one jot by any number of economic migrants(let's call them what they are. Had they been refugees they would not be heading here...But hey we are a soft touch. Except when it comes to looking after our own needy)...all these minor celebs have the wherewithal to live in gated communities, afford private medical care and can send their children to private schools.
They do not live in the real world.
This is not racist...it is realistic. If we cannot look after our own needy( the sick, the disabled, the Cancer sufferers) then we cannot extend what we do not have to people from another country.
Old 21-10-2016, 10:49   #176
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

But we do,simply cos ordinary people like you or i, dont count simple really.
Old 21-10-2016, 11:10   #177
Beacon of light

That is the mistake the politerati and the glitterati made last time we had a vote on something.

They wanted us to do what THEY wanted...but there was nothing in it for us.
They tried to scare us, bully us...make us think we were unintelligent bumblers....and to some degree there are still some of them out there doing the same thing and wondering why they are getting nowhere.
They are still trying to make us feel like we are provincial idiots.......they cannot do that without our permission...and I withhold my permission.
I will continue to to say how I see things...what my perspective is.
These people......the politicians, the celebs have one thing in common...they rely on us to give them the lifestyle that we can only dream of
hilleluk likes this.
Old 21-10-2016, 11:41   #178
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Oh i certainly agree wi that, also i suspect the yanks may just be making the same mistake,Cameron @ Osborne made.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 21-10-2016, 20:15   #179
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1179475 bleeding heart liberals[/QUOTE]

Now, now hon. Don't you know that Canada is the home of bleeding heart liberals?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...iberal-trudeau
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2016, 20:23   #180
God Member

Come to think of it, Canada will probably take all these "children" off your hands. Take them down to Land's End; put them in rowboats; give them some bacon butties (halal of course) ... they are great, cold with HP ... and point them west. Reassure them by mentioning that a lad from Clayton did the journey ... no problemo. Hopefully, they will land in St. Pierre et Miquelon

East Lancs marine breaks world record for rowing Atlantic (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..