Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2011, 16:27   #136
Senior Member+

Re: The Tories

I know and to think there was a wall to keep them out as well, but it fell into disrepair due to government cuts
Accrington Web
Old 05-06-2011, 16:37   #137
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
I know and to think there was a wall to keep them out as well, but it fell into disrepair due to government cuts
Ya them bloody Tories have no sense have they, should at least keep the kilt wearers firmly where they belong
Old 05-06-2011, 16:42   #138
Beacon of light

It is Ok John, when the kilt wearers get independence, they will rebuild it to keep us on this side of it.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 16:46   #139
Senior Member+

All we needed to do was charge em to come in that would definitely keep em on their side of the wall
Old 05-06-2011, 21:20   #140
God Member

see you still cant defend the tories record in the last 13 months .go on give me a debate what tory policy has benefited you
Old 05-06-2011, 21:49   #141
God Member

and heres another cock up Charity numbers fall leaving 'big society' pledge under threat | Society | The Guardian
Old 06-06-2011, 07:13   #142
Beacon of light

You are still doing it...posting links with one liners.
You want a debate about what good the Tories have done in 13 months........I do not like mud slinging type arguments/discussions, harping back to the past....but in this instance I really do not have a choice.
The last 13 months the coalition government(not the tories) have been trying to clear up the mess left by 13 years of labour chucking money about like it was falling from the sky as rain.
You think that 13 months is time enough to put things right do you? From where I am sitting it seems like you have the better end of the deal here.....free prescriptions, free university tuition, free care for the elderly.
SUMO! (shut up-move one) and I mean that most respectfully. We all have to suffer these privations because of bad financial policy - no regulation of the banking industry - the sale of gold reserves at a time when we didn't actually need the money....by a Labour chancellor...just in case you are in any doubt......of course there were global influences in force too, but they were not the whole story.......and the Labour givernment knew about these 7 months before they actually let on or did anything at all about it.
The open door policy of the Labour government let in people who should not be here.......who have claimed money from the communal pot.
I could go on and on.

And Mancie if you are reading this....these observations do not make me a tory or even anti labour, they just make me someone who can see both sides of the situation.....non partisan....one of those floating voters that the parties all cosy up to.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:14   #143
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You are still doing it...posting links with one liners.
You want a debate about what good the Tories have done in 13 months........I do not like mud slinging type arguments/discussions, harping back to the past....but in this instance I really do not have a choice.
The last 13 months the coalition government(not the tories) have been trying to clear up the mess left by 13 years of labour chucking money about like it was falling from the sky as rain.
You think that 13 months is time enough to put things right do you? From where I am sitting it seems like you have the better end of the deal here.....free prescriptions, free university tuition, free care for the elderly.
SUMO! (shut up-move one) and I mean that most respectfully. We all have to suffer these privations because of bad financial policy - no regulation of the banking industry - the sale of gold reserves at a time when we didn't actually need the money....by a Labour chancellor...just in case you are in any doubt......of course there were global influences in force too, but they were not the whole story.......and the Labour government knew about these 7 months before they actually let on or did anything at all about it.
The open door policy of the Labour government let in people who should not be here.......who have claimed money from the communal pot.
I could go on and on.

And Mancie if you are reading this....these observations do not make me a tory or even anti labour, they just make me someone who can see both sides of the situation.....non partisan....one of those floating voters that the parties all cosy up to.
Thank goodness somebody with no political allegiance has pointed it out AGAIN, maybe just maybe this guy may just get it in time, but I ain't holding my breath
Old 06-06-2011, 08:18   #144
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
see you still cant defend the tories record in the last 13 months .go on give me a debate what tory policy has benefited you
My income has risen and my rent,gas and electric have all gone down.

There have of course been significant price rises but with cutting out waste and having a stricter management control of my finances I find life is not as bad as the picture you constantly paint.Get a grip.We will get through.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 16:27   #145
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
My income has risen and my rent,gas and electric have all gone down.
I don't know how you have managed to get cheaper gas,electric and rent in the last year or so .. but good luck to you
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 17:36   #146
Resting in Peace

here's a one liner for jock the noo, think he might be interested

BBC News - IMF says no changes are needed to UK economic policy
Old 06-06-2011, 18:09   #147
Beacon of light

If the coalition government hadn't taken the financial steps that they did, then we would have found ourselves in a similar position to Ireland...with out credit rating downgraded......we really would be in the doo doo then.
Old 06-06-2011, 18:40   #148
Senior Member+

A little note on the IMF sturdyblog

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 18:45   #149
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Ya but its a better Idea listening to the IMF than the bleatings of Ed Balls any day.
Old 06-06-2011, 18:56   #150
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
here's a one liner for jock the noo, think he might be interested

BBC News - IMF says no changes are needed to UK economic policy
The IMF ... all of a sudden this government have managed to dig up some IMF forecast that states economic growth is being slowed down by these across the board cuts... the IMF have made reports every 6 months for decades and always like cuts by any government in the western world.. what pathetic attempt by the ConDems to reassure people in this country that we have to take the pain of these savage cuts aimed at the less well off, the sick and the old... wake up man!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..