Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-12-2009, 11:25   #76
JFT96

Re: This sums up our justice system to the full

If you really want to know what happens to the crime figures, then have a look at this site.
The Policeman's Blog

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-12-2009, 11:28   #77
God Member

The police have a proirity job - revenue collection - keeping the public safe seems secondary to that.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2009, 11:33   #78
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
If you really want to know what happens to the crime figures, then have a look at this site.
The Policeman's Blog
Like that BG its now one of my favorites
Old 26-12-2009, 21:10   #79
Senior Member+

Crime has gone down significantly. What has gone up is the reporting of crime. So if the only connection to crime you have is through bottom end media, you will base your opnions on that.

Personally I have always said one route to happiness is to not buy the Express or the Mail. In fact don't watch news or stick to Radio 4 where you get the background Info first before any twisted opinions put forward to maximise corporate profits or a political agenda rather than inform.

Fox News and English Tabloids as good examples.

Last edited by g jones; 26-12-2009 at 21:14.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2009, 21:21   #80
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
Crime has gone down significantly. What has gone up is the reporting of crime. So if the only connection to crime you have is through bottom end media, you will base your opnions on that.

Personally I have always said one route to happiness is to not buy the Express or the Mail. In fact don't watch news or stick to Radio 4 where you get the background Info first before any twisted opinions put forward to maximise corporate profits or a political agenda rather than inform.

NO NO NO NO you cant ask us to stop reading our comics!!!! Where on earth will we get our laughs from?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2009, 07:02   #81
JFT96

Graham, I am more a Sunday TImes and Private Eye man myself.

When I was a child, 30 odd years ago, I used to see bobbies on the beat all the time. I even knew my village bobby and he knew me and all the other kids.
These days you only see them when they have a crackdown on crime.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2009, 09:02   #82
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Oh come on Graham your starting to believe your own hype, its not so much how its reported but the way its recorded that's suss
Old 27-12-2009, 10:39   #83
God Member

Quote:

Something in a newspaper having more to it than face value? Well I never...
Old 27-12-2009, 12:07   #84
God Member

It is in the interests of the media to hype up anything that will make you fearful.
They are told to do that by governments, who then reduce your civil liberties by introducing 'restrictions of freedom laws' on the grounds of 'your safety'.

Then there is revenue from fines when those laws are broken.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2009, 12:49   #85
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
It is in the interests of the media to hype up anything that will make you fearful.
They are told to do that by governments, who then reduce your civil liberties by introducing 'restrictions of freedom laws' on the grounds of 'your safety'.

Then there is revenue from fines when those laws are broken.
If I didn't know you better Margaret, I'd think you were a sceptic

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..