Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-12-2009, 10:47   #61
Resting in Peace

Re: This sums up our justice system to the full

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
oh great now i have somone in agreement i will probably get done for inciting to riot but notto worry i will claim i have brain damage which shoudlnt be too hard to pull off and walk away free
Well I thought everybody already knew that accyman
Old 24-12-2009, 11:08   #62
Resting in Peace

RICHARD LITTLEJOHN: Father Christmas? Sorry, officer, I thought he was a burglar! | Mail Online
on a lighter note
Old 24-12-2009, 12:16   #63
God Member

I have just heard on Granada reports that an immigrant who ran over and killed a 12 year old child in Blackburn without having a licence, will get to remain in the country. A judge overruled his departure on 'human rights' grounds.
Old 24-12-2009, 12:22   #64
God Member

maybe somone shoudl run over these judges who refuse to use common sense

teh police arrest crinminals , build a case only to have a judge with teh IQ of a flea let teh criminal walk away free

seems to me teh law isnt teh problem but the judges

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 12:29   #65
God Member

It was a "failed asylum seeker" which makes it a damn sight worse IMHO. When is this country going to start sending them back when their appeal is rejected?
Old 24-12-2009, 12:32   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
It was a "failed asylum seeker" which makes it a damn sight worse IMHO. When is this country going to start sending them back when their appeal is rejected?
how about not even giving an appeal , fail and get shipped back instantly

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 24-12-2009, 12:34   #67
God Member

Quote:
how about not even giving an appeal , fail and get shipped back instantly
Thats what I meant soz, I should have said "their application"
Old 24-12-2009, 12:38   #68
God Member

im thinking of startng my own political party but im a bit short on policies.

if i start with bricking up the channel tunnel i reakon i will be off to a good start although there may be a scandle when it gets out im using polish brick layers

Old 24-12-2009, 13:51   #69
God Member

Quote:
im thinking of startng my own political party but im a bit short on policies.

if i start with bricking up the channel tunnel i reakon i will be off to a good start although there may be a scandle when it gets out im using polish brick layers
......one polish plumber to flood it

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 16:10   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Correct. I did originally intend to write illegal immigrant. Was in a rush!
Old 24-12-2009, 16:18   #71
Resting in Peace

Think the title of this thread is totally applicable
Old 25-12-2009, 03:14   #72
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Think the title of this thread is totally applicable
How low can you go Jaysay?.. quoting Richard Littlejohn?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2009, 10:15   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
12 years of 'Tough on crime'.....yeah
David Cameron puts a good argument forward that I and many others will agree with. There needs to be more consideration for the real victim who I am sure in all cases is hit by trauma the moment they believe am intruder has broken in.

There is also the issue that burglars feel protected by the law and safe to carry on burgling. This is a dangerous argument as it opens the door to vigilatism.

There needs to be a better balance.

The laws on reasonable force and traumatic defence should be strengthened.

Just to put the facts right on crime. Not that I agree with them but to ou to be some myths.

Over 80,000 locked up, prisons full. Labour has locked up more criminals than any other government.

Labour is the ONLY post war government to crime. By about a third nationwide and by over a third in Hyndburn. Burglaries over the last few years are at all tme lows for example. ASB is 10% what it was in July 2003.

Labour has put bobbies back on the beaT with dedicated neighbourhood policing.

Labour has made the police accountable in law to local residents and in law to local councils.

Labour has made it law that every area has a Community Safety Partnership of all agencies with targets. Local Tories chair it and have been shouting it's success for several years now so it's not just Labour.

David Cameron is not going to reverse any of these.

The Daily Mail has tried and continues to try and win the right wing argument on crime by playing on fear before facts for over a century.

What has happenned in the last 13 years has been what Manu said was impossible, cut crime and cut it consideraby.

Britain is a much safer place but that doesn't sell newspapers does it?
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2009, 10:31   #74
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
How low can you go Jaysay?.. quoting Richard Littlejohn?
Why does he hit to many raw nerves Mancie
Old 25-12-2009, 11:05   #75
God Member

I certainly don't think the crime figures have gone down in the last thirteen years it just the way they are recorded that gives that impression. For instance in many cases people are being let off with a caution for violent and other crimes by the police. I watched a programme on it the other week and the reporter took various case notes which hadn't been refered to the DPP in most of the cases the DPP said a caution was not adequate and these cases should have gone to court.
Whilst I don't and never will agree with the way this man acted until the law starts tackling these problems in a correct manner vigilante attacks are going to continue and get worse IMHO.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..