Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2021, 00:56   #1

What do you find frustrating?

I’m normally an easy-going person, but now and then something really annoys me. It might not be a big thing, just something minor, but very aggravating. I thought it might be fun, well interesting at least, to hear what others find frustrating. I’ll start this thread off with listing some things that annoy me:

Ring-pulls that break off before their job is done
Extremely hard to open jars and packages
Cooking instructions on the above that are too small to read
Childproof tops on tablet containers that no-one can open, especially adults
monkey hanger likes this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-05-2021, 08:52   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: What do you find frustrating?

jars opening does annoy me as i have to open em all why dont they make easy of for the wife to open.
Old 11-05-2021, 09:03   #3

Hunting for nearly invisible 'Best Before' dates and even worse the ones which when found are nearly or actually impossible to read/interpret.
Hill Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 09:13   #4
Beacon of light

Because, she needs a strong man about the house.....

What frustrates me?
Tech....and not being able to master something to do with tech.
Why does each new innovation have to be a little more complex than the last version?
And why isn’t there a universal camera charging cable...phone cable.....why do we need to have bags of cables for tech items????....I have a zippered bag near my computer with a snakes nest of cables for various bits of tech kit.
Surely it is not beyond the skills of the makers of this gear to come up with a universal cable that fits all.

Another thing that frustrates me....and I bear scars as a testament to this....are those rigid plastic packaging things that some products are encased in.
Why can’t they have a pull strip that will release your item without having to resort to sharp knives and scissors......these leave sharp edges that you can cut yourself on.

Instructions that are anything but clear and need a magnifying glass to read them.
Shampoo bottles that refuse to give up the last bits of shampoo....aha, but I get my other half to cut these open so that the frugal side of me feels the bottle is truly empty.

Oh there are so many things that frustrate me.....Dotti, you will be sorry you asked
dotti34 likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 09:17   #5
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Walker View Post
Hunting for nearly invisible 'Best Before' dates and even worse the ones which when found are nearly or actually impossible to read/interpret.
I pay no mind to these....Nature gave me a nose....if it looks alright, smells alright then I eat it...or serve it up to himself.
Best before dates are just a ploy by manufacturers to sell more of their product by getting you to ditch perfectly good food based on what they think is a Best Before Date.
I treat Use by dates with the same contempt.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 11-05-2021, 09:36   #6
God Member

self service supermarket checkouts.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 10:28   #8
God Member

exercise. sounds too much like hard work for me.
Old 11-05-2021, 10:35   #9
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
Indeed, what is the point of picking up a few beers going to one of these things and discover that an assistant will have to come over to verify that you are old enough to buy them.

I think they should give everyone that manages to use these things a couple of free beers to help overcome the frustration they cause when forced to go shopping in the first place.
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 10:58   #10
Beacon of light

Quote:
Yes, although Aldi don’t have them....YET.
I hate these things....how long will it be before they get us filling the shelves too.
They are doing workers out of a job.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 11-05-2021, 11:21   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
....Nature gave me a nose....

I also have one of these - unfortunately it doesn't work for a significant fraction of the year due to biological warfare from trees, flowers and other growing things.

So yes I take some guidance from best before dates but am far from pedantic about it.
Hill Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 12:47   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
defo i used to go supermarket about 6-00 = 6-30 ish during this pandemic but a few months ago i went to be told theres NO checkout staff until 8-00 i was blazing, seems all the big ones are doing the same. imagine trying to scan a trolley full in one of them not funny at all. i think the staff are daft putting up with it, it will mean LESS of them eventually and they are too daft to see it.
Old 11-05-2021, 15:05   #13
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Walker View Post
I also have one of these - unfortunately it doesn't work for a significant fraction of the year due to biological warfare from trees, flowers and other growing things.

So yes I take some guidance from best before dates but am far from pedantic about it.

yes...I am similarly afflicted....and in that case I borrow a nose..his!
Actually my hay fever seems to affect my eyes more than my sense of smell.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:45   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
defo i used to go supermarket about 6-00 = 6-30 ish during this pandemic but a few months ago i went to be told theres NO checkout staff until 8-00 i was blazing, seems all the big ones are doing the same. imagine trying to scan a trolley full in one of them not funny at all. i think the staff are daft putting up with it, it will mean LESS of them eventually and they are too daft to see it.
get up early saturday morning to take the dogs out then stop at the supermarket on our way home. her in the kitchen goes in for the weekly dog food. she was only in a minute and came back saying that she could not go in because it was card purchases only as the tills were not working. she was told to come back in a hours time which she replied that it would be quicker to go somewhere else now and in the future. surely the few with cash only could have been catered for. giving out change from somewhere else aint rocket science. yes staff are too daft to see stuff. like they shut down the local council office for paying the rates after the staff there encouraged customers to pay on the good old line.
dotti34 likes this.
Old 12-05-2021, 21:28   #15

having a television set with a hundred plus channels yet never finding anything worthwhile to watch (apart maybe from a few things on the Talking Pictures channel)
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..