Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-07-2022, 09:49   #1
Beacon of light

What have we come to?

I have held off commenting on the current bun fight that is the Conservative Leadership contest (con being the operative word here) but now it is getting really silly.
Politics is a serious business…or at least that is what I thought.
But no…it has been reduced to a ridiculous and vengeful reality TV show.

Why on earth are the candidates having a debate about who should be in the top dig place?
It is not as if the electorate are going to be in the position to vote…this is NOT a Presidential election.
The only people who will decide who should be the PM are the paid up members of the Conservative party.

What a miserable rag bag of a choice they are faced with.
Many of those who threw their hat in the ring were not known to folk unless they have a keen eye on Westminster.

Hands up if you have never heard of the likes of Keri Badenoch….or Suella Braverman, or Tom Tugendhat…..and I bet there is a sea of hands up for just those three.
Rishi Sunak, Sajid Javed, Nadeem Zarhawi……all snakes, all back stabbers, not to be trusted are they…..so who does that leave us with…..Liz Truss(one letter short of what she needs, but hasn’t got…TRUST) Penny Mordaunt….ex Navy but does not know the definition of a woman….twin brother a leading light in .stonewall…..and looks very woke to me.

This is not going to end well is it?
DaveinGermany and taddy like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-07-2022, 10:00   #2

Re: What have we come to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I have held off commenting on the current bun fight that is the Conservative Leadership contest (con being the operative word here) but now it is getting really silly.
Politics is a serious business…or at least that is what I thought.
But no…it has been reduced to a ridiculous and vengeful reality TV show.

Why on earth are the candidates having a debate about who should be in the top dig place?
It is not as if the electorate are going to be in the position to vote…this is NOT a Presidential election.
The only people who will decide who should be the PM are the paid up members of the Conservative party.

What a miserable rag bag of a choice they are faced with.
Many of those who threw their hat in the ring were not known to folk unless they have a keen eye on Westminster.

Hands up if you have never heard of the likes of Keri Badenoch….or Suella Braverman, or Tom Tugendhat…..and I bet there is a sea of hands up for just those three.
Rishi Sunak, Sajid Javed, Nadeem Zarhawi……all snakes, all back stabbers, not to be trusted are they…..so who does that leave us with…..Liz Truss(one letter short of what she needs, but hasn’t got…TRUST) Penny Mordaunt….ex Navy but does not know the definition of a woman….twin brother a leading light in .stonewall…..and looks very woke to me.

This is not going to end well is it?
There is a" rumour" that Boris may stand as for P.M again in 2004, we can only hope he does and he wins, (Just my opinion)
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2022, 11:59   #3
Beacon of light

They should not have ousted him Taddy…it is not the remit of conservative MPs to disagree with the democratic choice of the electorate.
Neither is it the remit of the media…the newspapers, the TV stations etc.
The back room remained civil servants have had much to do with this too….and they have no business in meddling with the choice of the people either.

I have always thought that in the main, the House of Commons is a nest of back stabbing career politicians who are interested in one thing…one thing only….that is making their lives better and ours poorer.

I think Boris would have a job returning to a political ambition of being PM because he has been stitched up like a kipper…. The Snakes have done a real number on him…oh and I think you might have meant 2024
Old 15-07-2022, 13:24   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i would have liked Boris to survive, but was not to be, doubt if he will return they say hes skint, anyone apart from Sunak or Javid a right pair of snakes, in my eyes.

Last edited by cashman; 15-07-2022 at 13:27.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2022, 15:23   #5
Beacon of light

Like wise….and Zarhawi makes it a ‘hat trick’.
If you put the lot of them together…shook them up took the rubbish bits out you still would not have enough to make even a half assed PM.
Liz Truss has the Charisma of a stop sign….Kemi Badenoch has not enough of a track record….not been in Parliament long enough.
Tom Tughendat….well, who is he…yes he has a military back ground but what are his achievements in Parliament…..that leaves the traitor Sunak….a world economic forums puppet…..same with Woke Penny Mordaunt.
So not a hope in hell.

I see that Liz Truss has dangled the carrot of the dumping of green levies as a bit of bait….Sunak says he will ditch the TV licence….who do you trust.
For me…none of them.
Old 15-07-2022, 16:14   #6

I think Boris would have a job returning to a political ambition of being PM because he has been stitched up like a kipper…. The Snakes have done a real number on him…oh and I think you might have meant 2024[/QUOTE]

Just Testing you Marge.
Old 15-07-2022, 18:21   #7
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
There is a" rumour" that Boris may stand as for P.M again in 2004, we can only hope he does and he wins, (Just my opinion)

So they've got the Delorian up & running again?

I know, late to the party as usual, your little fauxpas has been covered, but I've been away for a couple of days & am now playing catch up!

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 15-07-2022 at 18:25.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2022, 20:06   #8
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
I think Boris would have a job returning to a political ambition of being PM because he has been stitched up like a kipper…. The Snakes have done a real number on him…oh and I think you might have meant 2024
Just Testing you Marge.[/QUOTE]

Did I pass Taddy?

I know that in years I am ‘old’….but I am still sharp enough to cut myself!
Old 15-07-2022, 21:08   #9
Full Member+

After a live tv debate Tom Tugendhat was the winner of tonight's debate, according to a snap poll from political research firm Opinium.

The full results are:

Tugendhat 36%
Sunak 24%
Mordaunt 12%
Badenoch 12%
Truss 7%
9% were either none or didn't know

So there we are, out of them all I wouldn't want Sunak as PM, his wealth makes him completely out of touch the actual working person (plus as I've said before why would he want a £165,000 a year job unless it was too enrich himself in the process).

Not that we common folks have a choice on who will be the next PM as it's not like a US Presidential Election, but look who the US got, sleepy Joe Biden, a 150 year old senile fool... So things could be worse....
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 16-07-2022, 06:53   #10
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:

I have always thought that in the main, the House of Commons is a nest of back stabbing career politicians who are interested in one thing…one thing only….that is making their lives better and ours poorer.
I don't think they deliberately go out of their way to make our lives poorer that is just an inevitable consequence as a result of them not giving a sod for anyone but themselves.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2022, 08:27   #11
Beacon of light

No Less, but neither do they try to make our lives better.
They promise us all manner of things to get out cross in their box…then they do as they please…in the main thinking that they know far better what is good for us.
We are treated like we dribble into our cup and do not have the brains to butter our own bread.
They take far more than they give and always they leave politics far richer than when they went in.

I have no sense of entitlement. I do not want things for free. I want to pay my own way, but I do not want the state meddling in areas of my life that I can manage myself.
Old 16-07-2022, 09:17   #12

Quote:
Just Testing you Marge.
Did I pass Taddy?

Ten out of ten for observation. go to the top of the class
Old 16-07-2022, 09:51   #13
Beacon of light

Oh good…..can I be the ink monitor too?
Old 16-07-2022, 10:07   #14
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:

I have no sense of entitlement. I do not want things for free. I want to pay my own way, but I do not want the state meddling in areas of my life that I can manage myself.
I agree, I hated the idea of 'woke' and now that it's compulsory I hate it even more, I choose my friends, the fact that most of them are white, middle to old age and generally have a Lancashire accent isn't because I snub the blacks etc it's because even though over the years we have had quite a number of coloured additions to the area the MAJORITY around here are actually white and in the circles I mix, middle to old age, so inevitably they are most common placed to be my friends.
I'm not going to dump the ones that the grim reaper has spared and replace them with friends of different colours just to fit in with the trendy thinking of idiots.
I don't snub the non whites but I'm not going out of my way to make them special 'friends'.

Live and let live means for all not just the minorities.
Margaret Pilkington and taddy like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2022, 10:54   #15
Beacon of light

maybe we should be pointing this out to the minorities who want their values foisted onto us…like neutral gender toilets and changing rooms…..information that erases ‘women’.
Something in the region of 1% of the population are transgender yet 99% of the population are expected to change for them.

And before anyone tells me it is not the transgender people who are doing this it is those liberal woke folk who are offended by proxy.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..